The legacy of fn homelessness

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

The legacy of fn homelessness

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/207589 ... Aboriginal

this isnt a good situation for the bclibs to have done nothing or very little about . just like clarks govt deleting public info on the hiway of tears we now see what other impacts a uncaring govt can produce
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: The legacy of fn homelessness

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/207589/1-3-of-homeless-Aboriginal

this isnt a good situation for the bclibs to have done nothing or very little about . just like clarks govt deleting public info on the hiway of tears we now see what other impacts a uncaring govt can produce

This has been an ongoing problem for many decades in many urban centers in Canada. Let's get some context here:
However, with the Indian Act, on and off reserve housing, programs aimed at curbing urban Indigenous homelessness, and the “system” in general has, it would seem, failed Indigenous Peoples nation-wide and made them housing insecure from Vancouver to Halifax.
Urban Indigenous Peoples experience homelessness at a disproportionate rate and make up a significant percentage of the homeless populations in cities. Research shows that Indigenous homelessness in major urban areas ranges from 20-50% of the total homeless population, while others have reported that the range may be much wider, at 11-96%. Put another way, in some Canadian cities such as Yellowknife or Whitehorse Indigenous Peoples make up 90 percent of the homeless population. Places like Thunder Bay and Winnipeg fair somewhat better; an average of 50 percent of those experiencing homelessness are Indigenous. In Toronto, Canada’s largest urban centre, Indigenous Peoples constitute around 15 percent of the city’s homeless, even though they make up only around 0.5 of the total population. In fact, one study found that 1 in 15 Indigenous Peoples in urban centres are homeless compared to 1 in 128 for the general population. This means that Urban Indigenous Peoples are 8 times more likely to experience homelessness.
http://homelesshub.ca/about-homelessnes ... us-peoples

The BC Liberals did not solve this problem. Nor did the government in Manitoba, or Ontario. Yet you suggest the reason it is still such a problem in Vancouver is simply because the BC Liberals did not care enough. This suggests that here in BC, the current government could do far more if they simply care enough.

So: What does the current government plan to do about it? They have been aware of the problem for many years Surely they have some great ideas about what to do better than their predecessors.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Sep 27th, 2017, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Work.
Earn money.
Rent a home and save more money.
Buy a home and work to pay for it.
This system has been in place for years and it still works.
Black Dogs Matter
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

so we have folks on here blaming the fn people as all lazy next we have someone who doesnt see a problem then another who wont accept reality . well its good thing for all homeless folks that horgan the mighty is on it :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:so we have folks on here blaming the fn people as all lazy :

What?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

dogspoiler wrote:Work.
Earn money.
Rent a home and save more money.
Buy a home and work to pay for it.
This system has been in place for years and it still works.

this post here green that first nations are just lazy is the insinuation
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

I did not insinuate anything, I merely pointed out a way to avoid being homeless. Please do not apply your inaccurate fantasies to me.
Black Dogs Matter
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

dogspoiler wrote:I did not insinuate anything, I merely pointed out a way to avoid being homeless. Please do not apply your inaccurate fantasies to me.

suggested what? that instead of sitting on their behinds they just need a job . i was you i would just delete the post and hope we all forget you wrote such a bigoted post :130:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote: this post here green that first nations are just lazy is the insinuation

I don't think that was the insinuation at all.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

maryjane48 wrote:suggested what? that instead of sitting on their behinds they just need a job . i was you i would just delete the post and hope we all forget you wrote such a bigoted post :130:

I did not suggest, or insinuate anything. That all comes from your imagination. As does the bigoted post part.
Last edited by dogspoiler on Sep 28th, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Dogs Matter
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Ok then what is the solution that another caring government can do?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

LordEd wrote:Ok then what is the solution that another caring government can do?

MJ would like to see billions in handouts so every FN homeless can have money in the bank to pay for living. What MJ doesn't know is where the money comes from. :135:
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Well that's a bit racist treating a group of people as incapable to care for themselves.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

That's right, the FNs have the same abilities as anyone else to support themselves and should not be treated otherwise.
Black Dogs Matter

Return to “B.C.”