Sadness, frustration as well-known Bear 148 shot by hunter

FreeRights
Guru

Re: Sadness, frustration as well-known Bear 148 shot by hunt

Post by FreeRights »

Cactusflower wrote:Unlike some people on this thread, I'm not spoiling for a fight, so just delete the part about the 2-yr old bear. I don't care. It's still morally wrong to kill Grizzlies for sport, especially after they've been removed from heavily populated areas to sparsely populated areas. The Conservation Officers went to a lot of trouble to put her where she wouldn't come in contact with humans, and these guys sought her out and killed her. That's morally wrong, and the British Columbia law needs to be amended to coincide with the Alberta law in this case.

I do not agree that you're in a position to advise me what is or is not morally right or wrong.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

In my philosophy class any answer was acceptable. What was important was the ability to defend it.

I don't care if people like hunting or have an anti hunting position. It's when the position is defended using made up information that I start thinking their personal beliefs are based on a fantasy.

Believe whatever you like, but at least check the facts that lead you that way.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

FreeRights wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Unlike some people on this thread, I'm not spoiling for a fight, so just delete the part about the 2-yr old bear. I don't care. It's still morally wrong to kill Grizzlies for sport, especially after they've been removed from heavily populated areas to sparsely populated areas. The Conservation Officers went to a lot of trouble to put her where she wouldn't come in contact with humans, and these guys sought her out and killed her. That's morally wrong, and the British Columbia law needs to be amended to coincide with the Alberta law in this case.

I do not agree that you're in a position to advise me what is or is not morally right or wrong.

I don't see where anyone is directly advising you at all? the op simply said that in their opinion its morally wrong to trophy hunt grizzly bears ;; I totally agree;; I think the #1 mistake made here was there should have been collaboration between Alberta and BC regarding the not allowing of collared bears to be shot period
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

She didn't say in her opinion but made a blanket statement. We know it's only her opinion and others obviously disagree.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”