Construction booms in B.C

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Construction booms in B.C

Post by maryjane48 »

my the bclibs are diminishing in age when it comes to debate. facts are when ndp won bc is much better off tgeres surplus of jobs needing to be filled. donations by special interest is gone and we can all it job done well ndp :130:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^Most normal people accept the truth at face value. Unless you've been living in a cave since early summer, you'd know that many British Columbians have had their homes destroyed by either floods or forest fires. Construction workers have been busy trying to keep up.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Most normal people accept the truth at face value. Unless you've been living in a cave since early summer, you'd know that many British Columbians have had their homes destroyed by either floods or forest fires. Construction workers have been busy trying to keep up.

Every project I've worked on in the last several years have been second homes for people who live out of country or in Alberta. There are a number of reasons the trades are booming right now and the number one reason is this is a desirable place to live.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Most normal people accept the truth at face value. Unless you've been living in a cave since early summer, you'd know that many British Columbians have had their homes destroyed by either floods or forest fires. Construction workers have been busy trying to keep up.

:1422:
You were caught out on twisting what I'd posted about trades in the S.O. Whether that's due to a lack of comprehension or intentional manipulation, it underlines why I find it impossible to take your posts as truth, or at face value.

Here in the S.O., the trades are busy, but not because of fire or flood.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2017, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2017, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2017, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2017, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 9th, 2017, 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off topic
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Trades are busy in B.C because the rate of new home construction (Multi-family and SFD) is unable to keep up with demand.
The Lower Mainland and the Island are particularly busy at the moment.
I am in the industry....but a simple google search will point this out to anyone willing to look. :135:

The number of houses being rebuilt due to fire and floods in B.C is *negligible*.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^ You are referring to the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island; I was referring to the BC interior in general and the South Okanagan in particular. One company I spoke with tells me they are going to be extremely busy until at least January, and possibly much later, with the construction of homes that were destroyed by fire, and the repairs to homes damaged by floods.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

This is a very strange business plan...burn it down, rebuild, burn it down ....... [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maryjane48 wrote:my the bclibs are diminishing in age when it comes to debate. facts are when ndp won bc is much better off tgeres surplus of jobs needing to be filled. donations by special interest is gone and we can all it job done well ndp :130:

Could you please try that post again in English?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

You are referring to the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island; I was referring to the BC interior in general and the South Okanagan in particular

Incorrect.
I was referring to the province's construction boom (including the B.C Southern Interior).
I highlighted the Island and Lower Mainland as being particularly busy because that is where most of the people in the province reside.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

ndp plus jobs equals great for bc great for families and great for job opportunaties :130:

Return to “B.C.”