Waivers

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Waivers

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Achieving ... -dangerous i agree fully that waivers need to be tossed. if you cant supply a safe enviroment then to bad close your doors . im talking about when clea negligence is proved on the part of the company supplying a service. so a judge should be able to override a waiver where needed
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Waivers

Post by kgcayenne »

In the case discussed by Mr Hergott, we are missing critical information. Was there good visibility where a skier could easily see there was a parking lot with a distinct change in elevation? Was it a white-out, and the break in the rope line made it look like it was an actual passage?

I think there are many recreational businesses that will make major changes because: What a sad state of affairs, that it's gotten to the point where people have been groomed to be incapable of making a decent decision to preserve their own well-being, and in some cases preserve lives. A sad state of affairs when one can take up a sport where one dumb choice changes everything, but it's never the user's fault.

The sue-you mentality has arrived.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Interesting date on when that request to change the law came up - 1994....
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

kgcayenne wrote:In the case discussed by Mr Hergott, we are missing critical information. Was there good visibility where a skier could easily see there was a parking lot with a distinct change in elevation? Was it a white-out, and the break in the rope line made it look like it was an actual passage?

I think there are many recreational businesses that will make major changes because: What a sad state of affairs, that it's gotten to the point where people have been groomed to be incapable of making a decent decision to preserve their own well-being, and in some cases preserve lives. A sad state of affairs when one can take up a sport where one dumb choice changes everything, but it's never the user's fault.

The sue-you mentality has arrived.
thats why i said a judge should be able to over ride a waiver if needed. if your suggesting a company can never be help liable then whats the point of having any laws. murders could get off with well i didnt mean to kill just scare [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Negligence is failure to do something. Murder is an intentional act
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

LordEd wrote:Negligence is failure to do something. Murder is an intentional act

failure to check the safety, but defelct all you want facts are either we have laws to keep companies inline or we dont . if you go into a store and slip get injury and theres no wet floor sign you want that company getting off the hook by impying you agreed to a waiver the minute you crossed into thier store? or going to mechanic and getting into accident because shoddy work but no liable because you agrreed to waiver at some point by walking into get a quote? [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

as far as this case the story is about im willing to agree with what judge said in regards to if bigwhite was at fault. i worked at bigwhite before, they are far from safely operated in some areas :smt045
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I always thought you couldn't waive negligence. Guess I was wrong

Return to “B.C.”