BC ready for the coming ev revolution ?

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: BC ready for the coming ev revolution ?

Post by Cactusflower »

Heck, HG, I can already buy a WHOLE electric car for less than $28,000.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

fluffy wrote:More accurately “long range” driving will remain gas powered for some time to come. EVs will find their niche in urban and short range commuter use, the infrastructure for long range travel, specifically charging stations of appropriate type and number, has yet to be sorted out.

And to think, Warren Buffet just bought 38.6% of Flying J Truck Stops, which will be up to 80% by 2023 - me thinks he knows something that the EV fanatics don't :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Cactusflower wrote:Heck, HG, I can already buy a WHOLE electric car for less than $28,000.

And it still can't get you to Vancouver in 4 hours - wise investment :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Dizzy1 wrote:
fluffy wrote:More accurately “long range” driving will remain gas powered for some time to come. EVs will find their niche in urban and short range commuter use, the infrastructure for long range travel, specifically charging stations of appropriate type and number, has yet to be sorted out.

And to think, Warren Buffet just bought 38.6% of Flying J Truck Stops, which will be up to 80% by 2023 - me thinks he knows something that the EV fanatics don't :up:

Knowing Warren, he likely has plans to take out all the fuel pumps and replace them with charging stations. :smt045
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Cactusflower wrote:Knowing Warren, he likely has plans to take out all the fuel pumps and replace them with charging stations. :smt045

Obviously you're unfamiliar with Mr. Buffett's investment strategies - somehow that doesn't surprise me :up:

You can get your own subscription ...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warren-buf ... 1507324006
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Dizzy1 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Knowing Warren, he likely has plans to take out all the fuel pumps and replace them with charging stations. :smt045

Obviously you're unfamiliar with Mr. Buffett's investment strategies - somehow that doesn't surprise me :up:

You can get your own subscription ...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warren-buf ... 1507324006[/quote

That's a link to an opinion piece written by a fossil fuel promoter. The truth, as I see it, is that as long as we have the Trudeau Liberals or the Scheer Conservatives running the show, we will never be ready for the coming ev revolution.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Cactusflower wrote:That's a link to an opinion piece

You're right, it is. And Mr. Buffett's opinion on the topic is bang on :up:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Mr. Buffett has nothing to do with B.C. being ready for the coming ev revolution. Next you'll be providing a link to one of Trump's tweets about 'the ev revolution'. These guys are Merkin Republicans. They cut no ice with Canadians.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Cactusflower wrote:Mr. Buffett has nothing to do with B.C. being ready for the coming ev revolution. Next you'll be providing a link to one of Trump's tweets about 'the ev revolution'. These guys are Merkin Republicans. They cut no ice with Canadians.

There is no "revolution" in BC.

Had you read the post I responded to in the first place, you'd see the relevance and still be with the program, but I called your bluff so now you're in your usual deflect mode :up:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Grow up.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

removed.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bsuds wrote:Well if they don't move quickly then there will be a loss of revenue that the Govt's can't afford to lose. This alone will make it happen sooner rather than later. But time will tell.

I will presume based on the past it will take us longer to reap the benefits but those benefits will come.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Warren Buffet has it right. A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY MINUTE.

Return to “B.C.”