Rafe Mair - dead at 85

Cactusflower
Banned

Rafe Mair - dead at 85

Post by Cactusflower »

The 'real Voice of B.C.' has been silenced. How I'm going to miss that man, even though I never met him personally. He was the quintessential environmental activist, defending everything from our wild salmon to our land, rivers and ocean. I'll never forget his columns in the Common Sense Canadian and the Tyee, how he never let us forget how Gordon Campbell and Christy Clark seemed determined to destroy 'super-natural British Columbia'. Yet, he had been a Social Credit MLA for many years, perhaps the only Socred to give a hoot about our environment.

There are other defenders of the environment, but none as passionate as Rafe Mair. R.I.P., Rafe, you will be missed by all those who care about this province.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Rafe Mair - dead at 85

Post by flamingfingers »

^^Yes, truly a great Canadian!!

Thanks for all you did for Canada and BC, Rafe, R.I.P.
Chill
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Most of the young journalists today aren't qualified to wash his feet
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to His Family and Friends, rest in peace.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Robin Hood

Post by Robin Hood »

Nobody told Rafe Mair what to say or how to think. You could always rely on getting independent ideas from his broadcasts. I used to enjoy his CKNW talk shows whilst driving around Vancouver. He leaves us with his great books to read. He will be sadly missed.
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't; you're right.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Rafe, I truly loved your passion and well-considered opinions. You sure made an impact on a wide eyed young gal way back when salmon lived in a can.

Thank you. You are a lighthouse beacon to those up and coming interview wannabees.

R.I.P.

:up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I will say that Rafe was passionate, that's for sure. I was really disappointed that a former So-Cred would lower himself into the sewers of websites like the Tyee, and his fawning slobbering interview of a clearly brain-injured NDP leader Adrian Dix was a personal low I thought. Anyway, he really believed in what he was doing, as misguided as it may have been. RIP Rafe.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Oct 11th, 2017, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “B.C.”