Fortis to rent solar panels to citizens

mikest2
Lord of the Board

Re: Fortis to rent solar panels to citizens

Post by mikest2 »

hobbyguy wrote:
Yes, it is abundantly clear who Fortis is targeting. Math challenged virtue signalers who don't know a amp from an ohm, so they gullibly get sucked into advertising gimmickry - which the solar industry is very, very good at. Fortis could paint pieces of plywood black, randomly attach wires to nowhere, and that crowd would sign on. [icon_lol2.gif]

It would be great if they used plywood, at least it would provide jobs in BC !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im not sure why anyone jests when the future is there for all to see . its already a forgone conclusion. anyone thinking oil and dams have a longterm future should question their mental health as its not normal to fantasize about things that will never be true :smt045
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

How many panels have you rented?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

You are all wasting your time trying to get MJ to answer a simple question about how he/she buys into anything concerning "saving the planet" at all costs. Castanet must be a godsend for that type of person to spew one thing after another about everyone ELSE having to buy into the "snake oil" propaganda. MJ............ :cuss: :200: :cuss: :200: :cuss: [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

maryjane48 wrote:im not sure why anyone jests when the future is there for all to see . its already a forgone conclusion. anyone thinking oil and dams have a longterm future should question their mental health as its not normal to fantasize about things that will never be true :smt045

Do you think we are going to run out of gravity ? :up:

Your last sentence is hilarious. :130:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Old Techie wrote:
Wonder how many clueless fools are going to jump on the chance to rent a solar panel and pay more for the power than they have to?

Probably just as many that buy into carbon credits to offset their vacation so they can feel superior to everyone else while they drive their Escalade to the organic grocery store and spend $13 on a carton of tofu milk.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:im not sure why anyone jests when the future is there for all to see . its already a forgone conclusion. anyone thinking oil and dams have a longterm future should question their mental health as its not normal to fantasize about things that will never be true :smt045

So by that can we take it you are well in the midst of installing your solar system, and will be off the grid in short order, or are you still just fantasizing about it? :biggrin:

Pretty sure I know the answer, but the question had to be asked, given how you are questioning our mental health, which I believe falls under the heading personal attack.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Solar and wind are temporary acts of environmental desperation and political stupidity until thorium reactors or substantially improved alternatives are available. Research is ramping up on battery technology, same with MSRs. We will have molten salt reactors soon. If solar is the future, then wait until the future comes first before putting these overly expensive junkie short-lived panels everywhere.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

MJ I don't believe anyone has ever said that alternatives are not in our future. The question is how much, which ones and when. At this time there is no place for your solar or most others on a large scale.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

At this time there is no place for your solar or most others on a large scale.
what you really mean to say is i want clark to get her dam, because thats all it is with the bclibs, its always about who gets rich off the backs of the tax payers of bc. :smt045
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The alternatives are more expensive, so would get more rich on the backs of rate payers?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You do have to make everything political don't you MJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The real world means nothing at all to you.
I believe your mind could be clouded by something.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:
At this time there is no place for your solar or most others on a large scale.
what you really mean to say is i want clark to get her dam, because thats all it is with the bclibs, its always about who gets rich off the backs of the tax payers of bc. :smt045

So someone other than the tax payers of BC would be paying for the more expensive solar/wind power?

Who are these benevolent benefactors?

I'd like to thank them, though I suspect they are but another product of too much fantasizing.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maryjane48 wrote:ifortis doesnt have a track record of losing money. .

Of course not.....especially when they can download the cost of unsubscribed capacity onto every ratepayer. That is not a profit business model.....it is a subsidy to guarantee no loss. No risk to Fortis whatsoever. IMO, if Fortis fails to rent even one KW of these panels to fools that are willing to pay double the current price of power, they should be forbade from making the investment. Not even if they eat the differece cuz that will be a loss to their operating costs and added into their next application for rate increase justified as a reasonable return on capital investment. Otherwise it is nothing more than run of river projects with guaranteed prices that we the consumer get shoved up our hind ends and pay for from our pockets.

Edit to add- Another poster mentioned a 94% increase in solar investment. Ya, but the bulk of those sales went onto the tops of RV's where the alternative was a generator at a cost of 80 cents kw/hr.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

So Fortis wants you to voluntarily pay over double the kWh rate for the virtuous use of solar power, but if you want to sell your excess generation back to them, they only want to pay you $ 0.047 kWh

That my green friends is the true picture of what off peak, unneeded generation is worth to a for profit corporation.
Get used to it, someone has to pay for the grid and distribution. There is no free lunch.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it MJ

Here's the application, it was rejected (give it a read), You can be certain that Fortis will continue to revisit this application until it is approved.

http://www.bcuc.com/ApplicationView.asp ... tionId=539
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

Return to “B.C.”