BC libs guilty of corruption

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

BC libs guilty of corruption

Post by maryjane48 »

The charge came nearly three years after the RCMP, following a complaint by the then-Opposition NDP, opened an investigation the B.C. Liberals’ controversial draft multicultural outreach plan — the so-called quick wins scandal. It sought, among other things, to use taxpayer-funded resources to drum up votes in targeted ethnic communities in the 2013 general election.

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... 3f32178294
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Re: BC libs guilty of corruption

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

off topic
Last edited by ferri on Oct 13th, 2017, 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: off topic
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

off topic
Last edited by ferri on Oct 13th, 2017, 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

off topic
Last edited by ferri on Oct 13th, 2017, 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

If you'd like to comment on the topic please do, if you'd like to make off topic comments please don't :topic:
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

As long as I can use this standard to declare the ndp guilty of corruption is fine with me.

A former Liberal government communications director quietly entered a guilty plea to one count of breach of trust on Thursday in the so-called quick wins scandal from the Christy Clark era.
Had to look up 'quick wins'. Basically the idea was to apologise for various historical wrongs to gain a few votes. I need to wait for the Dec sentencing to get the full decision notes to better understand how MJ is wrong.

But I'll be sure to point out the ndp are guilty of corruption under the same standards using the Secretariat for partisan purposes.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I have to ask, were the Liberals found guilty or was Brian Bonney found guilty? Yes he was working for the Liberals, but I don't see where any charges or convictions were brought against the Liberals. Am I missing something?

Possibly another misleading topic? LOL
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 13th, 2017, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

maryjane48 wrote:The charge came nearly three years after the RCMP, following a complaint by the then-Opposition NDP, opened an investigation the B.C. Liberals’ controversial draft multicultural outreach plan — the so-called quick wins scandal. It sought, among other things, to use taxpayer-funded resources to drum up votes in targeted ethnic communities in the 2013 general election.

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... 3f32178294

The BC Liberal party has not been found "guilty" of anything. This is a story about an individual, not a political party.

You continue to make libelous statements, and castanet seems to allow this.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 13th, 2017, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

It sure is fun reading the comments from the BC Liberal defenders. The BCLibs are guilty of corruption in far more instances than this one. Just wait until you see what's coming next.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:It sure is fun reading the comments from the BC Liberal defenders. The BCLibs are guilty of corruption in far more instances than this one. Just wait until you see what's coming next.
*removed*

A civil servant pleading guilty to something doesn't equal the BC Liberal Party pleading guilty. And a civil servant firing other civil servants, followed by a suicide of one of those fired, does not equal Christy Clark murdering someone. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 13th, 2017, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

LordEd wrote:NDP was found guilty of corruption right now. Found defined as in I looked for a wild reason, corruption as defined as did something I don't like.
Therein lies the problem. When everything is "corruption" then nothing is "corruption."
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Cactusflower wrote:The BCLibs are guilty of corruption
There is no crime called 'corruption'. The crime was "breach of trust by a public officer".
122 Every official who, in connection with the duties of his office, commits fraud or a breach of trust is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years, whether or not the fraud or breach of trust would be an offence if it were committed in relation to a private person.
The decision is to include lots of detail, so I'd like to know the circumstances.

Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 13th, 2017, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “B.C.”