Formal complaint lodged against transmountain

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Formal complaint lodged against transmountain

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:. a judge will infact take this very seriously.

No, actually they won't. This is pure garbage.

just goes to show with posts from castanets rightwing how bigoted they are towards first nations

Who is this comment directed to? Just curious. I don't follow.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well i guesz if the shoe fits would be the saying . i guess we will find out shortly as to if a judge agrees with me or you wont we. :130:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:if theres no fish why put anti spawning apparatus ?

Do you not remember this?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74713
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote: i guess we will find out shortly as to if a judge agrees with me or you wont we. :130:
Judge? What judge? This is a complaint that will be reviewed by the Discipline Committee.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

maryjane48 wrote:if theres no fish why put anti spawning apparatus ? time to dance around for answers . [icon_lol2.gif] look the rules are clear and have been for long time . if a native gold prospector went to fish bearing creek and started to dredge for gold in the water body river creek etc etc they would be in serious trouble . its a federal law . so when km does it everyone is supposed to look the other way ? i dont think so . why have any laws if we start ignoring some ? lets get real here . plus fish is guarenteed food source in our charter of rights and freedoms and we as a country should never let a company mess with our first nation brothers and sisters food .

Those mats will cause exponentially less damage to salmon populations than the natives do when they indiscriminately pillage the fish and sell them from the back of a pickup truck.
Last edited by Gone_Fishin on Oct 18th, 2017, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

maryjane48 wrote:if theres no fish why put anti spawning apparatus ? time to dance around for answers .

The link you posted said the screens were to prevent salmon OR bulltrout from spawning in those certain areas, obviously bulltrout are the fish eggs they’re trying to protect in the three streams I mentioned.

maryjane48 wrote: look the rules are clear and have been for long time . if a native gold prospector went to fish bearing creek and started to dredge for gold in the water body river creek etc etc they would be in serious trouble . its a federal law .

Correct, but you obviously don’t understand that there’s a huge difference between dredging a stream bottom, and carefully placing a screen on the stream bottom. The stream bottom isn’t dug up to lay the pipe, the pipe is punched through under the stream bed. The intent of the screens is to have a higher egg survival rate..

maryjane48 wrote: plus fish is guarenteed food source in our charter of rights and freedoms and we as a country should never let a company mess with our first nation brothers and sisters food .

If the salmon fishery is so important, sacred and charter of rights protected, why are there so many lower Fraser food fishery salmon sold out of the back of a truck at $10.00 apiece up here in the interior to willing white folk, it’s a lucrative black market industry..
Don’t even get me started on the “traditional elk hunt” that took place in Jasper National Park a few weeks ago..nobody will ever be able to convince me that Shuswap First Nations crossed both the continental divide and the Rocky Mountains on foot just to get some meat.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 18th, 2017, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unless that moose was spawning this is off topic.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 18th, 2017, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

I see your making stuff up again MJ no one is dredging anything, they were laying anti spawning mats, now you are accusing people of dredging the creeks, any proof of that? Or just more grandstanding on your part.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

If the salmon fishery is so important, sacred and charter of rights protected, why are there so many lower Fraser food fishery salmon sold out of the back of a truck at $10.00 apiece up here in the interior to willing white folk, it’s a lucrative black market industry..
Don’t even get me started on the “traditional elk hunt” that took place in Jasper National Park a few weeks ago..nobody will ever be able to convince me that Shuswap First Nations crossed both the continental divide and the Rocky Mountains on foot just to get some meat.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

its a federal crime for first nations to sell fish unless they get permission from fed govt in ottawa . i know because i have worked first nation fisheries . all of them are monitored in real time by fisheries agents . anything happing out side of that is a crime and they will get caught . so instead of spreading lies lets look at in court who has the most convictions. its non natives with the most by large factor as the first nation hunt and fishieries is no where near what non natives take . its impossible as the numbers of first nations that hunt or fish anymore is less than half of the non natives . you cant change reality to make a stupid point .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:its a federal crime for first nations to sell fish unless they get permission from fed govt in ottawa .

Don't think that's accurate.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Sadly, I may have to partly agree with MJ.

Commercial fisheries require licenses whether native or not. Boats require trackers (typically hourly updates not real time) to report their position to DFO.

Also depending on license terms they have to document their catches either on paper or electronically.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

maryjane48 wrote:
. you cant change reality to make a stupid point .

You don’t have the first clue. I’ve always been an advocate for LEGITIMATE First Nations rights and concerns, I’ve got status First Nations extended family both on and off reserve. However what I and my First Nations family won’t tolerate is some of the outright BS and hypocrisy in the name of First Nations rights. First Nations members selling their supposedly sacred food fishery out of the back of a truck to white folk is a reality, I can introduce you to band members that have been trying to put a stop to that illegal behaviour, and trying to get their fellow band members to actually practice fish and wildlife conservation. Another example of First Nations hypocrisy was when the Stolo were dredging and selling prime salmon spawning gravel off the bottom of the Fraser, the Stolo claimed they had the “right” to dredge and sell the gravel.
ETA: Of course “white folk” also poach fish and wildlife, however CO’s keep an eye out for that activity. CO’s don’t bother keeping an eye on First Nations, they’re expected to police themselves...
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 19th, 2017, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “B.C.”