Family Day

Should Family Day move to the third Monday in February?

Family Day should remain as the second Monday in February
52%
Family Day should be moved to the third Monday in February
48%

Total votes: 61

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Family Day

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:No. The government doesn't care which day it falls on.

Considering it's a priority, I would say the government does care.

The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Perhaps it's because you had a government that didn't care what the people wanted for more than 16 years.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Perhaps it's because you had a government that didn't care what the people wanted for more than 16 years.
Christy Clark announced that the new holiday would be on the third Monday of February. Many people then suggested that it should be on the second Monday of February and so the premier announced a two-week consultation period with an online poll. The results showed that a majority wanted the second Monday in February. The premier went with the majority and so now we have the holiday on the second Monday of February.

You can keep making up "facts" but those are the real facts. If the majority opinion has changed, and it may well have, the current government can change the holiday to the third Monday in February. Just remember what the late US Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan once said: "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." I know that you're just trolling but I thought I would present the facts on this subject one last time.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Perhaps it's because you had a government that didn't care what the people wanted for more than 16 years.
Christy Clark announced that the new holiday would be on the third Monday of February. Many people then suggested that it should be on the second Monday of February and so the premier announced a two-week consultation period with an online poll. The results showed that a majority wanted the second Monday in February. The premier went with the majority and so now we have the holiday on the second Monday of February.

You can keep making up "facts" but those are the real facts. If the majority opinion has changed, and it may well have, the current government can change the holiday to the third Monday in February. Just remember what the late US Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan once said: "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." I know that you're just trolling but I thought I would present the facts on this subject one last time.

Pot calling the kettle black again? I think you're trying to rewrite history again too. The online poll was a sham. The ski hill operators had already convinced Clark that it would be advantageous to have two holidays, one for BC residents, and one for out-of-towners. Double dipping was the name of the game. It wouldn't have mattered what the people wanted.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Why was it a sham?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Hassel99 wrote:Why was it a sham?

For the reason I just stated. If you want confirmation you should ask someone who was in the Premier's office at the time.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Same old same old. When caught making stuff up she tells us to investigate further or to Google it or . . . trolling just takes us off topic.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:^^ Same old same old. When caught making stuff up she tells us to investigate further or to Google it or . . . trolling just takes us off topic.

I haven't strayed from the topic. Perhaps you haven't read this:
https://www.skicanada.org/bc-ski-indust ... amily-day/
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ Duh. Ski hill operators and a lot of skiers prefer the second Monday in February. So what?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:^^ Duh. Ski hill operators and a lot of skiers prefer the second Monday in February. So what?

So that's why we have the holiday on the second weekend instead of the third weekend like everyone else.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:So that's why we have the holiday on the second weekend instead of the third weekend like everyone else.
Could be. The skiers voted and others didn't. That's not the government's fault. Time for those who didn't vote to take responsibility for their own actions and not blame someone else.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:So that's why we have the holiday on the second weekend instead of the third weekend like everyone else.
Could be. The skiers voted and others didn't. That's not the government's fault. Time for those who didn't vote to take responsibility for their own actions and not blame someone else.

It appears that's exactly what they're doing.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

If the NDP had designated the 2nd Monday, they'd stick by it. But since it was a popular move by Christy Clark, revisionist Horgan must kill it. What a stupid piece of *bleep* that man is.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
I'm not the one not understanding - you say the government doesn't care and obviously it does. You can't have it both ways.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”