48776
45621

Family Day

Should Family Day move to the third Monday in February?

Family Day should remain as the second Monday in February
23
53%
Family Day should be moved to the third Monday in February
20
47%
 
Total votes : 43

Re: Family Day

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 11:40 am

Fancy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:No. The government doesn't care which day it falls on.

Considering it's a priority, I would say the government does care.


The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Perhaps it's because you had a government that didn't care what the people wanted for more than 16 years.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1323
Likes: 599 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Urbane » Nov 10th, 2017, 11:48 am

    Cactusflower wrote:The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Perhaps it's because you had a government that didn't care what the people wanted for more than 16 years.
Christy Clark announced that the new holiday would be on the third Monday of February. Many people then suggested that it should be on the second Monday of February and so the premier announced a two-week consultation period with an online poll. The results showed that a majority wanted the second Monday in February. The premier went with the majority and so now we have the holiday on the second Monday of February.

You can keep making up "facts" but those are the real facts. If the majority opinion has changed, and it may well have, the current government can change the holiday to the third Monday in February. Just remember what the late US Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan once said: "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." I know that you're just trolling but I thought I would present the facts on this subject one last time.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19886
Likes: 6752 posts
Liked in: 8101 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand? Perhaps it's because you had a government that didn't care what the people wanted for more than 16 years.
Christy Clark announced that the new holiday would be on the third Monday of February. Many people then suggested that it should be on the second Monday of February and so the premier announced a two-week consultation period with an online poll. The results showed that a majority wanted the second Monday in February. The premier went with the majority and so now we have the holiday on the second Monday of February.

You can keep making up "facts" but those are the real facts. If the majority opinion has changed, and it may well have, the current government can change the holiday to the third Monday in February. Just remember what the late US Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan once said: "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." I know that you're just trolling but I thought I would present the facts on this subject one last time.


Pot calling the kettle black again? I think you're trying to rewrite history again too. The online poll was a sham. The ski hill operators had already convinced Clark that it would be advantageous to have two holidays, one for BC residents, and one for out-of-towners. Double dipping was the name of the game. It wouldn't have mattered what the people wanted.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1323
Likes: 599 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Hassel99 » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Why was it a sham?
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3093
Likes: 845 posts
Liked in: 2481 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 8:31 am

Re: Family Day

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Hassel99 wrote:Why was it a sham?


For the reason I just stated. If you want confirmation you should ask someone who was in the Premier's office at the time.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1323
Likes: 599 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Urbane » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:00 pm

^^ Same old same old. When caught making stuff up she tells us to investigate further or to Google it or . . . trolling just takes us off topic.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19886
Likes: 6752 posts
Liked in: 8101 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Urbane wrote:^^ Same old same old. When caught making stuff up she tells us to investigate further or to Google it or . . . trolling just takes us off topic.


I haven't strayed from the topic. Perhaps you haven't read this:
https://www.skicanada.org/bc-ski-indust ... amily-day/
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1323
Likes: 599 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Urbane » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:20 pm

^^ Duh. Ski hill operators and a lot of skiers prefer the second Monday in February. So what?

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19886
Likes: 6752 posts
Liked in: 8101 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Hassel99 » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:22 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal

Urbane likes this post.
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3093
Likes: 845 posts
Liked in: 2481 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 8:31 am

Re: Family Day

Postby mikest2 » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:27 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mikest2
Board Meister
 
Posts: 690
Likes: 412 posts
Liked in: 781 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Urbane wrote:^^ Duh. Ski hill operators and a lot of skiers prefer the second Monday in February. So what?


So that's why we have the holiday on the second weekend instead of the third weekend like everyone else.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1323
Likes: 599 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Urbane » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:31 pm

    Cactusflower wrote:So that's why we have the holiday on the second weekend instead of the third weekend like everyone else.
Could be. The skiers voted and others didn't. That's not the government's fault. Time for those who didn't vote to take responsibility for their own actions and not blame someone else.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19886
Likes: 6752 posts
Liked in: 8101 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:So that's why we have the holiday on the second weekend instead of the third weekend like everyone else.
Could be. The skiers voted and others didn't. That's not the government's fault. Time for those who didn't vote to take responsibility for their own actions and not blame someone else.


It appears that's exactly what they're doing.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1323
Likes: 599 posts
Liked in: 281 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Family Day

Postby Gone_Fishin » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:34 pm

If the NDP had designated the 2nd Monday, they'd stick by it. But since it was a popular move by Christy Clark, revisionist Horgan must kill it. What a stupid piece of *bleep* that man is.
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3563
Likes: 3234 posts
Liked in: 2086 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 6:43 am

Re: Family Day

Postby Fancy » Nov 10th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Cactusflower wrote:The government cares because the people care. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
I'm not the one not understanding - you say the government doesn't care and obviously it does. You can't have it both ways.
User avatar
Fancy
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 43098
Likes: 940 posts
Liked in: 4851 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest