Time

What should we do with standard and daylight time?

Maintain the current system
28%
Stay on standard time the whole year
33%
Stay on daylight time the whole year
39%

Total votes: 46

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Time

Post by Urbane »

There's an effort to convince the provincial government to change our current daylight/standard time format. What do you think?
Last edited by Urbane on Oct 29th, 2017, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Time

Post by GordonH »

Leave as it is today all year round, longer daylight during the summertime.
The need of changing has long past. If you need light go get a flashlight.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Time is relative to the speed in which one travels thru space. Just move faster. :D
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Urbane wrote:There's an effort to convince the provincial government to change our current daylight/standard time format. What do you think?

There's an effort every year by someone to change the system. There was a time when it seemed like a good idea, but this discussion happens every single year and it never goes anywhere, so in all honestly.....I've stopped caring.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Loki2u wrote:There's an effort every year by someone to change the system. There was a time when it seemed like a good idea, but this discussion happens every single year and it never goes anywhere, so in all honestly.....I've stopped caring.
Fair enough. The reason the issue is being raised is because Premier Horgan is considering eliminating Daylight Savings Time. That's a bit surprising since right now we're on DST for about two-thirds of the year.

Horgan says he’s also thinking about eliminating Daylight Savings Time altogether, after Grand Forks brought forward a motion to cancel the time change at the Union of BC Municipalities conference. In September, Horgan solicited emails from B.C. residents to get their thoughts on the proposal, and said that his office has been inundated with feedback.
https://energeticcity.ca/2017/10/horgan ... ings-time/
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I don't like having to change my clocks twice a year, but can't decide which of the two options I'd prefer to have year round.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

keep same year round
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

More daylight year round makes much more sense to me.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

We should switch to Zulu time and be done with it
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

If we do go to one time it better be PDT. Right now the sunrise on June 20th is around 4:51am with sunset 9:08pm. Civil twilight starts at 4:07am and end time is 9:52pm. Going to PST would make everything an hour earlier. Although great for seniors that wake at 4am, jab, having the light of day start just after 3am is ridiculous.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:More daylight year round makes much more sense to me.

Ya, but think of the effect on the climate. More daylight means more accumulated heat and accelerated global warming. We should be staying on standard time all year long to reduce daylight and to counter global warming.
/sarcasm
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

While we're at it lets eliminate Mondays too.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Ugh who are the people who voted to keep it the same? What is your argument? Resistant to change?

There is no good reason in our modern age to be changing the clocks back and forth. In fact there are medical reasons against it even.

Just leave it as PST
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Jx3 wrote:
Carrs Landing Viking wrote:More daylight year round makes much more sense to me.

Ya, but think of the effect on the climate. More daylight means more accumulated heat and accelerated global warming. We should be staying on standard time all year long to reduce daylight and to counter global warming.
/sarcasm

The climate has absolutely no clue what time it is. Good grief.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Believe that was a joke.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “B.C.”