Union helps get severance pay

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Union helps get severance pay

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.wltribune.com/news/court-awa ... severance/

Now do not let the fact go unmentioned that if these workers had been in non union company. They would not get on penny. But thanks to. Steel workers 300 people get some type of compensation
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Union helps get severance pay

Post by gman313 »

It is most certainly NOT a fact that if the union wasn't the workers would not get a penny. That is an assumption. They're a large enough group that had they not been in a union a couple lawyers would take that case no problem. Comes with a nice payday

What I like to see is the federal bill putting ALL workers ahead of creditors in a bankruptcy. That is true equality and isn't that what your unions are all about. Let's protect everyone

:130:
seewood
Guru

Re: Union helps get severance pay

Post by seewood »

gman313 wrote:What I like to see is the federal bill putting ALL workers ahead of creditors in a bankruptcy. That is true equality and isn't that what your unions are all about. Let's protect everyone

I agree whole heartedly. I hate to see workers that count on a pension or severance now being screwed out of their retirement or what is rightfully owed them.

On another note,however, I also realize banks will not lend a penny to anyone if that money ( from depositors) is not secured. If they are not first in line when things go pear shaped, then they will invest somewhere else.

The principals I don't believe should be compensated they way they are to see the insolvency through.
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “B.C.”