51738

NDP to restore ferry discount

NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 2nd, 2017, 1:26 pm

That the bclibs cruely forced. Seniors to pay half fares when it was free . Just like bclibs. Refused to keep up to date on disabilty payments it took ndp to raise them

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... a124c81513
Last edited by maryjane48 on Nov 2nd, 2017, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17124
Likes: 10586 posts
Liked in: 2664 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby Rider59 » Nov 2nd, 2017, 2:55 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 2nd, 2017, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
Rider59
Board Meister
 
Posts: 508
Likes: 355 posts
Liked in: 443 posts
Joined: Aug 17th, 2016, 9:02 am

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby Veovis » Nov 2nd, 2017, 8:11 pm

handing out money without planning or thought is easy.

It makes you look really nice too. However when everything goes to crap from doing so without any forethought is the really ugly part, sadly it usually means the kids leave and someone has to come in and act adult, and all the other kids boo.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the ferry's were just free period, plus triple the healthcare budget and 50 % more schools.....however it simply isn't that simple, wishes at the harm of others in the long run to make yourself look nice in the short run (and they know it is a short run) isn't responsible governing.

Rwede likes this post.
Veovis
Guru
 
Posts: 5492
Likes: 727 posts
Liked in: 3545 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 2:11 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby Dizzy1 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 1:30 am

And where is the shortfall going to come from if their estimations prove to be inaccurate? Where is Plan B? Honestly, its like watching someone rack up the debt with their first credit card - good grief!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10638
Likes: 4437 posts
Liked in: 5051 posts
Joined: Feb 12th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby mikest2 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 4:45 am

maryjane48 wrote:That the bclibs cruely forced. Seniors to pay half fares when it was free . Just like bclibs. Refused to keep up to date on disabilty payments it took ndp to raise them

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... a124c81513


Oh Goody !! Another review !! Where do I sign up to get on the review board ?? I'm uniquely qualified to serve, as I've both seen and ridden on a ferry !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

5 people like this post.
mikest2
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 719
Likes: 461 posts
Liked in: 833 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 3rd, 2017, 6:23 am

mikest2 wrote:Oh Goody !! Another review !! Where do I sign up to get on the review board ?? I'm uniquely qualified to serve, as I've both seen and ridden on a ferry !!


Where is your NDP membership card and requisite smiling pictures with Adrian Dumb Dumb and NDP propagandist Bill Tieleman? You have to have the right bonafides to sit on these NDP "review" boards and take months to produce a useless indecisive report, and take home your crony pay.
This current unelected NDP government is a disgrace.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists - Dr. Don Boys

4 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25699
Likes: 10510 posts
Liked in: 13295 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 3rd, 2017, 10:48 am

Dizzy1 wrote:And where is the shortfall going to come from if their estimations prove to be inaccurate? Where is Plan B? Honestly, its like watching someone rack up the debt with their first credit card - good grief!


Seniors are not stupid. BC Ferries is not losing any revenue over this decision because seniors simply stopped using BC Ferries when the BC Libs started their money-grab.
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2407
Likes: 1105 posts
Liked in: 524 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 3rd, 2017, 11:07 am

If you look at what that lunatic clairvoyant Claire is doing, she is reducing revenues for BC Ferries and then going to do an "operational review" later.

What a joke. Claire Trevena is about as unqualified to run an operation as is possible. This is nothing more than the NDP pandering to their base, just like Trump does, and the policy will outcome will be just as bad.

The NDP royally messed up BC Ferries before. It was the NDP that put in place silly things like virtually continuous service to tiny island populations (the uproar was amazing when BC Ferries starting cutting this back very slightly).

Look at the schedule for tiny Mayne Island: http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/southern/mide-current.php

1,000 residents and all those sailings?? It is just plain nuts!

That's the kind of thing that drives up BC Ferry costs for everybody else. Does ding dong Claire want to tackle the real issues with BC Ferries? You bet not!!! She is part of the Quadra Island mafia.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 7209
Likes: 1860 posts
Liked in: 6616 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 3rd, 2017, 11:34 am

You are right HG, this Trevena person is not qualified to run a lemonade stand, let alone BC Ferries. So why would an unqualified world-class dumb-dumb like Claire be made Minister of Transportation?? Hmmm....

Originally from England, Trevena has a background in journalism having worked as a Canadian correspondent for British media. After she immigrated, she worked for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and then as a public information officer for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. After moving to British Columbia with her husband, she started her own business specializing communication strategies. She unsuccessfully filed a complaint with the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal after being fired from a job because of her political affiliation. She was an advocate of renovations to the hospitals in Campbell River and Comox, opposing the health authority's plans to replace them with a new regional hospital near Courtenay. In November 2010, Trevena was one of thirteen party members to ask for a leadership convention, resulting in the resignation of Carole James as leader of the BC NDP. She endorsed John Horgan in both the 2011 and 2014 leadership elections.
This current unelected NDP government is a disgrace.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists - Dr. Don Boys
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 25699
Likes: 10510 posts
Liked in: 13295 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby seewood » Nov 3rd, 2017, 12:03 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Originally from England, Trevena has a background in journalism having worked as a Canadian correspondent for British media. After she immigrated, she worked for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and then as a public information officer for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. After moving to British Columbia with her husband, she started her own business specializing communication strategies. She unsuccessfully filed a complaint with the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal after being fired from a job because of her political affiliation. She was an advocate of renovations to the hospitals in Campbell River and Comox, opposing the health authority's plans to replace them with a new regional hospital near Courtenay. In November 2010, Trevena was one of thirteen party members to ask for a leadership convention, resulting in the resignation of Carole James as leader of the BC NDP. She endorsed John Horgan in both the 2011 and 2014 leadership elections.


With a resume like that resulting in the transportation minister, I'm qualified to run Google.....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Board Meister
 
Posts: 596
Likes: 715 posts
Liked in: 564 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby Btfsplck » Nov 3rd, 2017, 12:21 pm

Pandering to the ill informed and shallow thinkers at the taxpayers expense. That's all this is.
lefties love their entitlements.
Btfsplck
 
Posts: 71
Likes: 1061 posts
Liked in: 92 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2016, 1:31 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby Rwede » Nov 3rd, 2017, 12:29 pm

Cactusflower wrote: BC Ferries is not losing any revenue over this decision because seniors simply stopped using BC Ferries when the BC Libs started their money-grab.


Do you think this stuff up before you type, or does it just flow from the keyboard?

From the article:

Trevena said the potential impact on B.C. Ferries’ bottom line is the subject of ongoing contract negotiations between the government and the corporation.

“There may or may not be a gap there, but whatever change in service fee there is, if there is one — because, as I say, we’re still in discussions — will be reflected in the contract.”
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11728
Likes: 9542 posts
Liked in: 5117 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 9:49 am
Location: is everything!

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 3rd, 2017, 1:15 pm

Rwede wrote:
Cactusflower wrote: BC Ferries is not losing any revenue over this decision because seniors simply stopped using BC Ferries when the BC Libs started their money-grab.


Do you think this stuff up before you type, or does it just flow from the keyboard?

From the article:

Trevena said the potential impact on B.C. Ferries’ bottom line is the subject of ongoing contract negotiations between the government and the corporation.

“There may or may not be a gap there, but whatever change in service fee there is, if there is one — because, as I say, we’re still in discussions — will be reflected in the contract.”


Trevena's response is typical of most politicians; mine is typical of most seniors. :smt045
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2407
Likes: 1105 posts
Liked in: 524 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby GordonH » Nov 3rd, 2017, 1:18 pm

I'm not a senior, haven't used a BC coastal ferry in couple of decades+. When I travel to the Island I fly & rent a vehicle.


Added later: typical political favours to get support, again they all do this
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19149
Likes: 2028 posts
Liked in: 6414 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 6:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Postby GrooveTunes » Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:10 pm

Dizzy1 wrote:And where is the shortfall going to come from if their estimations prove to be inaccurate? Where is Plan B? Honestly, its like watching someone rack up the debt with their first credit card - good grief!


Well the taxpayers can afford million dollar homes, 7 year truck loans, mexico trips, etc etc, a little more in taxes shouldn't hurt a bit. It's common knowledge that home owners have lots of other investments for their retirement, too. No need for a shortfall.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
User avatar
GrooveTunes
Übergod
 
Posts: 1963
Likes: 287 posts
Liked in: 395 posts
Joined: Feb 19th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Next

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: holdin and 9 guests