NDP to restore ferry discount

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

NDP to restore ferry discount

Post by maryjane48 »

That the bclibs cruely forced. Seniors to pay half fares when it was free . Just like bclibs. Refused to keep up to date on disabilty payments it took ndp to raise them

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... a124c81513
Last edited by maryjane48 on Nov 2nd, 2017, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: NDP to restore ferry discount

Post by Rider59 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 2nd, 2017, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

handing out money without planning or thought is easy.

It makes you look really nice too. However when everything goes to crap from doing so without any forethought is the really ugly part, sadly it usually means the kids leave and someone has to come in and act adult, and all the other kids boo.

Don't get me wrong, I wish the ferry's were just free period, plus triple the healthcare budget and 50 % more schools.....however it simply isn't that simple, wishes at the harm of others in the long run to make yourself look nice in the short run (and they know it is a short run) isn't responsible governing.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

And where is the shortfall going to come from if their estimations prove to be inaccurate? Where is Plan B? Honestly, its like watching someone rack up the debt with their first credit card - good grief!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

maryjane48 wrote:That the bclibs cruely forced. Seniors to pay half fares when it was free . Just like bclibs. Refused to keep up to date on disabilty payments it took ndp to raise them

http://theprovince.com/news/local-news/ ... a124c81513

Oh Goody !! Another review !! Where do I sign up to get on the review board ?? I'm uniquely qualified to serve, as I've both seen and ridden on a ferry !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

mikest2 wrote:Oh Goody !! Another review !! Where do I sign up to get on the review board ?? I'm uniquely qualified to serve, as I've both seen and ridden on a ferry !!

Where is your NDP membership card and requisite smiling pictures with Adrian Dumb Dumb and NDP propagandist Bill Tieleman? You have to have the right bonafides to sit on these NDP "review" boards and take months to produce a useless indecisive report, and take home your crony pay.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Dizzy1 wrote:And where is the shortfall going to come from if their estimations prove to be inaccurate? Where is Plan B? Honestly, its like watching someone rack up the debt with their first credit card - good grief!

Seniors are not stupid. BC Ferries is not losing any revenue over this decision because seniors simply stopped using BC Ferries when the BC Libs started their money-grab.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

If you look at what that lunatic clairvoyant Claire is doing, she is reducing revenues for BC Ferries and then going to do an "operational review" later.

What a joke. Claire Trevena is about as unqualified to run an operation as is possible. This is nothing more than the NDP pandering to their base, just like Trump does, and the policy will outcome will be just as bad.

The NDP royally messed up BC Ferries before. It was the NDP that put in place silly things like virtually continuous service to tiny island populations (the uproar was amazing when BC Ferries starting cutting this back very slightly).

Look at the schedule for tiny Mayne Island: http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/southern/mide-current.php

1,000 residents and all those sailings?? It is just plain nuts!

That's the kind of thing that drives up BC Ferry costs for everybody else. Does ding dong Claire want to tackle the real issues with BC Ferries? You bet not!!! She is part of the Quadra Island mafia.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

You are right HG, this Trevena person is not qualified to run a lemonade stand, let alone BC Ferries. So why would an unqualified world-class dumb-dumb like Claire be made Minister of Transportation?? Hmmm....

Originally from England, Trevena has a background in journalism having worked as a Canadian correspondent for British media. After she immigrated, she worked for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and then as a public information officer for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. After moving to British Columbia with her husband, she started her own business specializing communication strategies. She unsuccessfully filed a complaint with the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal after being fired from a job because of her political affiliation. She was an advocate of renovations to the hospitals in Campbell River and Comox, opposing the health authority's plans to replace them with a new regional hospital near Courtenay. In November 2010, Trevena was one of thirteen party members to ask for a leadership convention, resulting in the resignation of Carole James as leader of the BC NDP. She endorsed John Horgan in both the 2011 and 2014 leadership elections.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Originally from England, Trevena has a background in journalism having worked as a Canadian correspondent for British media. After she immigrated, she worked for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and then as a public information officer for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. After moving to British Columbia with her husband, she started her own business specializing communication strategies. She unsuccessfully filed a complaint with the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal after being fired from a job because of her political affiliation. She was an advocate of renovations to the hospitals in Campbell River and Comox, opposing the health authority's plans to replace them with a new regional hospital near Courtenay. In November 2010, Trevena was one of thirteen party members to ask for a leadership convention, resulting in the resignation of Carole James as leader of the BC NDP. She endorsed John Horgan in both the 2011 and 2014 leadership elections.

With a resume like that resulting in the transportation minister, I'm qualified to run Google.....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Btfsplck
Fledgling

Post by Btfsplck »

Pandering to the ill informed and shallow thinkers at the taxpayers expense. That's all this is.
lefties love their entitlements.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Cactusflower wrote: BC Ferries is not losing any revenue over this decision because seniors simply stopped using BC Ferries when the BC Libs started their money-grab.

Do you think this stuff up before you type, or does it just flow from the keyboard?

From the article:

Trevena said the potential impact on B.C. Ferries’ bottom line is the subject of ongoing contract negotiations between the government and the corporation.

“There may or may not be a gap there, but whatever change in service fee there is, if there is one — because, as I say, we’re still in discussions — will be reflected in the contract.”
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Rwede wrote:
Cactusflower wrote: BC Ferries is not losing any revenue over this decision because seniors simply stopped using BC Ferries when the BC Libs started their money-grab.

Do you think this stuff up before you type, or does it just flow from the keyboard?

From the article:

Trevena said the potential impact on B.C. Ferries’ bottom line is the subject of ongoing contract negotiations between the government and the corporation.

“There may or may not be a gap there, but whatever change in service fee there is, if there is one — because, as I say, we’re still in discussions — will be reflected in the contract.”

Trevena's response is typical of most politicians; mine is typical of most seniors. :smt045
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I'm not a senior, haven't used a BC coastal ferry in couple of decades+. When I travel to the Island I fly & rent a vehicle.

Added later: typical political favours to get support, again they all do this
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Dizzy1 wrote:And where is the shortfall going to come from if their estimations prove to be inaccurate? Where is Plan B? Honestly, its like watching someone rack up the debt with their first credit card - good grief!

Well the taxpayers can afford million dollar homes, 7 year truck loans, mexico trips, etc etc, a little more in taxes shouldn't hurt a bit. It's common knowledge that home owners have lots of other investments for their retirement, too. No need for a shortfall.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “B.C.”