BC Leads country in job losses for October

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: BC Leads country in job losses for October

Post by Queen K »

JagXKR wrote:
Queen K wrote:If anyone on the Left has said this about Christy Clark, all you neo-cons would be crying all the way to the Report Button. The shaming and admonishing would be epic too.

:up:

So the term neo-con is a form of endearment to me? Or is that a personal attack? Seems like I was just called a form of neo-nazi.

Sounds like a duck to me.

Neo-conservative. And oh ya, a form of endearment for you, Ummmm ya, :raspberry: It is not a duck to point out that Gone Fishi' would have been all over me if I had called Christy Clark three bad words. And how come a smart guy like you didn't mention that the BC job losses might be a result of some jobs being seasonal and some of those losses mayb be from the fires having been put out? That October happens to be an awkward shoulder season before jobs related to the Winter season start up? But no, you left it to a liberal type.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Queen K wrote:some jobs being seasonal and some of those losses maybe be from the fires having been put out? That October happens to be an awkward shoulder season before jobs related to the Winter season start up?

:up:

Sometimes blaming Political Parties just isn't the right avenue.

Sometimes it is just the ebb and flow of how our Province works,
no matter who is in power, trying their best to :cuss: it up!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Cactusflower wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:CF - fer cryin' out loud, people want and need jobs where they live, not on some NDP quango in the Vancouver-Victoria complex.

Real jobs = economic activity.

The BCUC proposes "industrial curtailment" as part of the phony crud offered up as an "alternative" to site C. Guess what? When industries "curtail" they lay people off!

Good ole NDP - let's see how many jobs we can kill! The party of "Nooooo" = Noooooo jobs!

Not everyone wants to work up in northeastern B.C. either. It's a big province, HG. There are people in the Okanagan who are flying back and forth to Fort St. John to work when they would rather be working close to home. All I'm saying is that we need to diversify. Instead of having people working on one big project in a remote area, why not have smaller projects in various regions of the province?

Cactusflower - they work in FSJ because that's where the jobs are. That's where the LNG is, the oil is, and the businesses that support those industries are. The live in Kelowna by CHOICE. They choose to fly back and forth. They probably would prefer to work closer to home, but there is no industry in the Valley that pays the same, so they sacrifice and leave their families so they can provide for them.

What "small project" would you suggest in Kelowna or Penticton that would pay $45-$50/hr? I'd love to hear your ideas....
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Tony wrote:What "small project" would you suggest in Kelowna or Penticton that would pay $45-$50/hr? I'd love to hear your ideas....

There aren't any,(or very few) unless you are in the medical field, a very successful small business owner or drug dealer.
The south Okanagan is for the most part become or becoming a retirement area with a plethora of low wage service providers.
Welder in the area: around $25-$30 / hour my son working up north, ( currently -25C) $85/hour in camp.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Queeny I would not have called for a mod to edit the post of someone criticizing the premier, former premier or anyone else in the government. I don't have that kind of time. The poster wanted it banned as a personal attack. It was not, as the person is a political figure and open to a criticism. The job description is inherently wrought with disdain from the public. Except N Korea where everyone loves their leader. Or at least the ones that are still alive.
Yes I would criticize people with other (lesser) opinions and that is where I get banned, edited or whatever. Been there done that.
To the OP the statscan page is currently unavailable, this weekend, but the data is there for perusal by anyone that wants to spend the time. I won't as it matters little in my life and have no extra time to do the needed research. Especially the in depth research to fully understand the entire scenario. It is complex indeed but I will always believe that the NDG will not be a job creator but a job destroyer. Past experience from close friends that lost jobs with the former NDP but gained jobs under the Libs. Others may have different experiences but I will go with what I know and what has happened in my experiences.
NDP bad, Libs slightly better.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

JagXKR wrote:Queeny I would not have called for a mod to edit the post of someone criticizing the premier, former premier or anyone else in the government. I don't have that kind of time. The poster wanted it banned as a personal attack. It was not, as the person is a political figure and open to a criticism. The job description is inherently wrought with disdain from the public. Except N Korea where everyone loves their leader. Or at least the ones that are still alive.
Yes I would criticize people with other (lesser) opinions and that is where I get banned, edited or whatever. Been there done that.

^^ I can't tell you how many neo-cons boo-ed the NDP for criticizing Christy Clark, mostly saying how shameful the comments were. Wasn't she a public figure too? Don't get neo-con mixed up with neo-nazi, k? I would never do that, why would you?

To the OP the statscan page is currently unavailable, this weekend, but the data is there for perusal by anyone that wants to spend the time. I won't as it matters little in my life and have no extra time to do the needed research. Especially the in depth research to fully understand the entire scenario. It is complex indeed but I will always believe that the NDG will not be a job creator but a job destroyer. Past experience from close friends that lost jobs with the former NDP but gained jobs under the Libs. Others may have different experiences but I will go with what I know and what has happened in my experiences.
NDP bad, Libs slightly better.

As for ^^ we all go for what our personal experiences have been.

I like that you used "slightly" better. Okay then, let's see what happens next.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

seewood wrote:
Tony wrote:What "small project" would you suggest in Kelowna or Penticton that would pay $45-$50/hr? I'd love to hear your ideas....

There aren't any,(or very few) unless you are in the medical field, a very successful small business owner or drug dealer.
The south Okanagan is for the most part become or becoming a retirement area with a plethora of low wage service providers.
Welder in the area: around $25-$30 / hour my son working up north, ( currently -25C) $85/hour in camp.

Well, there you have it. There are plenty of well-paid trades jobs in all areas of B.C, but some people place money over a comfortable, family-friendly way of life, hence they fly back and forth to some godforsaken place where it becomes a frozen wasteland for at least half the year. It's only fit for farmers who are able to harvest their crops and head south for the winter.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:
Plus all. The jobs coming in the pot industry will make the damage caused by bclibs 16 years of job mismanagment seem like bad dream :smt045

what mismanagement?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
Perhaps they can get jobs working at that big solar array at Hudson's Hope.

more people sucking off of the public teat. The NDP dream.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

^^ NDP don't understand management. The closest thing they have to any management experience is looney Lana the organic vineyard owner [icon_lol2.gif]

All the rest are union hacks (the opposite of management) and political "science" degree holders. Not a sign of any management education let alone experience among them.

So don't expect NDPers to have any idea of what management actually is.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote:It's only fit for farmers who are able to harvest their crops and head south for the winter.

Balls, Where do you think much of the money this province generates comes from? Plenty of forestry ( stumpage fees), mining( royalties) jobs and tax revenue up there. More $$ from the *bleep* with a "political science" degree sniveling about high rents while working at Starbucks and living the "family life" in warmer climes.( or even with the family)
What I have seen around here are people or families making a semblance of life if they are employed by the various governments. Private industry employee....many are or can have a tough go of it. Don't like it, move north. Just perhaps the wages are better there to entice people to live and work there. Yes, rather miserable outside at -25-35 Deg.C but I made enough to accelerate home ownership.
Now :topic:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

seewood wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:It's only fit for farmers who are able to harvest their crops and head south for the winter.

Balls, Where do you think much of the money this province generates comes from? Plenty of forestry ( stumpage fees), mining( royalties) jobs and tax revenue up there. More $$ from the *bleep* with a "political science" degree sniveling about high rents while working at Starbucks and living the "family life" in warmer climes.( or even with the family)
What I have seen around here are people or families making a semblance of life if they are employed by the various governments. Private industry employee....many are or can have a tough go of it. Don't like it, move north. Just perhaps the wages are better there to entice people to live and work there. Yes, rather miserable outside at -25-35 Deg.C but I made enough to accelerate home ownership.
Now :topic:

Since the topic is 'job losses', I find it odd that you didn't mention all the oil and gas industry jobs that have been lost up there in the northeast part of the province. As for the lumber and mining industries, they are spread out all over the province. The northeast doesn't have a monopoly on those.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote: I find it odd that you didn't mention all the oil and gas industry jobs that have been lost up there in the northeast part of the province.

????? My son is welding on a 42 inch gas line to the coast at the moment. Staying in Chetwynd .

So, yes many jobs have been lost but that should have been common knowledge.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:

Don't worry HG, I don't. This is the real issue though isn't it? You have a party (NDP) made up of people whose only goal in life is destroy economic activity in the name of zealotry. They can't do even basic math, which is why they push wind and solar garbage. The NDP is always always doomed to fail before they even start, because all they have to fill positions are unqualified people who couldn't run lemonade stands. This party should be put in the dustbin of history, as the massive damage they do in the short periods they weasel themselves into power is too destructive and awful. Their governments are crimes against humanity.
MyPointofView
Fledgling

Post by MyPointofView »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:

Don't worry HG, I don't. This is the real issue though isn't it? You have a party (NDP) made up of people whose only goal in life is destroy economic activity in the name of zealotry. They can't do even basic math, which is why they push wind and solar garbage. The NDP is always always doomed to fail before they even start, because all they have to fill positions are unqualified people who couldn't run lemonade stands. This party should be put in the dustbin of history, as the massive damage they do in the short periods they weasel themselves into power is too destructive and awful. Their governments are crimes against humanity.

Seriously? Do you even comprehend or understand the term “crimes against humanity?”

Pol Pot, The Rwanda Genocide, The Holocaust, those were crimes against humanity: it is understood you don’t like the NDP you will have your oppurtunity to get rid of them in the next election; but a crime against humanity good grief,exaggerate much?

Just saying.....,
Just saying…..,

Be safe and be kind

Return to “B.C.”