BC Leads country in job losses for October

alanjh595
Banned

Re: BC Leads country in job losses for October

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:I've known a lot of construction workers over the years, and none of them ever worked over the Christmas holidays anyway.

That's great. Getting your dismissal pink slip when you return to the job site and just before your children return to school from Winter break. How much lower can this go?
Bring back the LIKE button.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Urbane wrote:

You always look down upon those construction jobs and I'm sure they're not important to you. However, I'm sure that they're important to those who have those jobs and if Site C is cancelled they'll be sorry to be out of work. Just before Christmas too.

Don't be so ridiculous Urbane. I was married to a construction worker for 23 years. He was in Vancouver, he was in Kamloops, he was in Castlgar, back to Vancouver, Prince Rupert, Vancouver Island, over to Edmonton, Calgary and other parts of the country I cannot even remember!!

And you are ASSUMING that Site C will be cancelled. It well may be. But maybe not. Regardless, I am sure that there will be layoffs 'just before Christmas' (as if this makes a difference to a construction worker, who knows a layoff is imminent at any time of year) and there may be layoffs after Christmas. Are construction workers that much more important than retail people who are hired for Christmas and then laid off immediately after Christmas?

You're just trying to fabricate issues to demonize the present government.
Chill
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

maybe we should be looking at your personal motivations towards construction works to learn why you are so adamently against a construction project.
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
Even more seriously, do you even comprehend how trashing what you have an incomprehensible hatred for will never win any support for your position on anything?

It's not "hatred", though I know leftists like to define everything as an emotion. As for the incomprehensible part, you can't be serious. There are many reasons why the NDP are despised, and why they lose election after election, including the last one. They can't govern, and the majority of the people they bring in are dumb and have no experience running anything. The NDP is a disease, and it's quite comprehensible except the most rabid NDP kool-aid drinkers.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Urbane wrote:You always look down upon those construction jobs and I'm sure they're not important to you. However, I'm sure that they're important to those who have those jobs and if Site C is cancelled they'll be sorry to be out of work. Just before Christmas too.

you are so right Urbane. The disgusting elitism being displayed by the NDP zombies here really is beyond the pale. Construction jobs? Meh. Who cares. Screw those guys. Site C generates cheap green power? Meh. Who cares about cheap power. Let the poor freeze in the dark. Screw those guys. It really is sad to see such a small minority wish pain and suffering on those who aren't as well off as they are.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:
I was married to a construction worker for 23 years.

so then what happened? Why did your marriage end? Please share more as you seem to think your personal life is relevant to this discussion.

The NDP costing jobs is a reality of their governing style, which is to kill kill kill all economic development. Not much demonizing going on here, but lots of dumbanizing by the NDP.
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Nov 5th, 2017, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:I've known a lot of construction workers over the years, and none of them ever worked over the Christmas holidays anyway.
You see, if Site C is cancelled the workers aren't just laid off for the Christmas holidays. It's certainly disappointing to see such a flippant attitude from some of the anti-Site C posters. The construction jobs are important to those who have them.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

GB wrote:

It's not "hatred", though I know leftists like to define everything as an emotion. As for the incomprehensible part, you can't be serious. There are many reasons why the NDP are despised, and why they lose election after election, including the last one. They can't govern, and the majority of the people they bring in are dumb and have no experience running anything. The NDP is a disease, and it's quite comprehensible except the most rabid NDP kool-aid drinkers.

Don't be shy, GB, you know perfectly well you have an intense hatred of the BC NDP - look at the language you use: "boneheaded, stupid, brain-dead, abortion, & etc..." Those are all nothing but stupid emotional derogatory remarks that shows you have nothing but pure EMOTION to use.

Grow up little boy.
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:
    Don't be so ridiculous Urbane. I was married to a construction worker for 23 years. He was in Vancouver, he was in Kamloops, he was in Castlgar, back to Vancouver, Prince Rupert, Vancouver Island, over to Edmonton, Calgary and other parts of the country I cannot even remember!!

And you are ASSUMING that Site C will be cancelled. It well may be. But maybe not. Regardless, I am sure that there will be layoffs 'just before Christmas' (as if this makes a difference to a construction worker, who knows a layoff is imminent at any time of year) and there may be layoffs after Christmas. Are construction workers that much more important than retail people who are hired for Christmas and then laid off immediately after Christmas?

What you're really saying is that if these 2,000 workers lose their jobs they can move away and perhaps find other jobs elsewhere. Very comforting to them I'm sure!!

And I didn't assume anything. You misread what I said. Read it over again and you will see the word "if." A few days ago I said that I wouldn't bet a nickel on it but I thought there was a chance that Horgan might let Site C go ahead. I still feel that way but I'm far from confident. There's a strong contingent in his party who favour Site C, e.g. Moe Sihota and some of the private sector union types, and he also has to look at the optics of firing all those people just before Christmas if he cancels the project.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:
Don't be shy, GB, you know perfectly well you have an intense hatred of the BC NDP -

No I don't know this perfectly well. I do know that they are boneheads, that's for sure. And that's not emotion. The NDP makes really stupid decisions.

Grow up little boy.

Yes more bullying from the usual sources. I did grow up, I just wish that the NDP faction of unquestioning zombies here would grow the confidence to start demanding better of their useless party. Being an NDP supporter must be like being a fan of the Washington Generals. You just know they are going to blow it and lose. They don't know any other way.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Why did your marriage end again? I have my own theories but just wanting to know, and not be too shy.

Not that is really any of your nosiness. He died.
Chill
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

alanjh595 wrote:What about all of the service personnel it takes?
Camp cooks.
Bull cooks.
Apprentice cooks.
Dozer operators
Truck drivers.
Welders
Mechanics
Carpenters
Blasters
Security persons
Bookkeepers
Electrictions
Plumbers
Gas fitters
equipment maintenance operators
belly dump drivers
Heavy duty tire repair personell
dishwashers
housekeepers
bus drivers

Are ALL of those jobs just temporary?

We are not talking about building 1 house, it is a 10 year long project. Some of the younger apprentices will obtain a lifelong job that they can take pride in telling their grandchildren that they were there from day one.

No insult intended, but you forgot the small army of safety officers !
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:
Not that is really any of your nosiness. He died.

sorry to hear that. Please forgive my nosiness.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

It was crass of you to ever ask. But then again, you are definitely crass:

Definition of crass

1 a :gross 3a; especially :having or indicating such grossness of mind as precludes delicacy and discrimination
b :being beneath one's dignity crass concerns of daily life
c —used as a pejorative intensifier crass flatterycrass propagand
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I do look down on them so called construction workers at site c . They work for scab companies . :smt045

Return to “B.C.”