Native OD rate alarming

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Native OD rate alarming

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/210868 ... e-alarming

Now i dont expect castanet to dig deep but kudus for priniting this as it is a important issue.having said that. It is a result of 16 years of indifference from bclibs towards first nations people in bc .

We have seen from deleting hiway of tears files to ignoring their treaty rights. That the bclibs under campbell and clark completly hated having to treat first nations as equal. Humans .even the bclib con supporters on here talk about first nation people like they were some type of vermin to be exterminated :smt045
seewood
Guru

Re: Native OD rate alarming

Post by seewood »

MJ, I find your vile and venom towards the political party than ran BC for the past 16 years extremely in poor taste with this issue. It's like you don't believe this issue was not happening the previous 10 years under the NDP??
When you attempt to politicise this tragic issue, I don't know how to say it without being censored.
Look, there are many issues involved with this. Residential schools, abusive home life, sexual, mental, physical abuse, abject poverty ( feds jurisdiction) are just but a few.
I'm with you that most would like to see this end but the weaning off opioids can take a year evidently,(expensive) not stopping cold turkey without follow up treatment.( cheap)
First and foremost these people will WANT to make a change, can't force them if they don't want to.
A very complicated issue that will take huge resources that governments to date seem to avoid or finger point as to who has to pay.
ALL governments could be culpable in not providing the resources required, even your beloved NDG lot.
Going to take a few generations in getting these FN back to a productive part of society me thinks.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I posted this story in the "The New Overdose SolutionsThread" in The Bickering Room.

I dont' agree the BC Liberals had anything to do with the drug problem except not have enough treatment options left open.

But after that, regardless of political party, people are ultimately responsible for themselves. Doesn't matter what background they have either.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/210868/Native-OD-rate-alarming

Now i dont expect castanet to dig deep but kudus for priniting this as it is a important issue.having said that. It is a result of 16 years of indifference from bclibs towards first nations people in bc .

We have seen from deleting hiway of tears files to ignoring their treaty rights. That the bclibs under campbell and clark completly hated having to treat first nations as equal. Humans .even the bclib con supporters on here talk about first nation people like they were some type of vermin to be exterminated :smt045

If the police were to come on the reserves and try and stop the drug dealers what happens? You know very well as you're hatred of police is well known. How can they do anything when they are being handcuffed by the very people they are trying to help. I've been on a ride along and was shocked at what happened when we went on the reserve. Can't help those whose anger blinds them to the real problem.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/210868/Native-OD-rate-alarming

So the libs put the needle in their arm or pill in their mouth? Don't care what your background is, dance with the devil sometimes you lose.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

It is a result of 16 years of indifference from bclibs towards first nations people in bc .

As I stated before, I do not for a moment agree with such a statement and ask where in this article presented that one could come to this conclusion without personally knowing all involved.

As for the facts which are limited here in the article. There are many contributing factors which would contribute to the findings.

As I eluded to, does this study group use Safe Injection Sites? Do they commonly share needles which would attribute to the spread of Hep C and HIV?

IF the study showed facts like what percentage of Indigenous use the services provide, agree with these services or not it does reduce the number of overdoses.

Sometime the prejudices of some truly cloud their ability to come to a sensible conclusion. We do at times have to think outside the box when there is limited information but the original post has no bases for the comment made. When will people accept the fact there is a need for accountability and responsibility.

Sadly someone could not face the truth and obviously flagged my post.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

You know very well as you're hatred of police is well known.
why would you assume anything? considering you support poisoning first nations through comtinuing mining of tar sands :smt045

the accurate statement i have no use for corrupt cops or the over use of force. thats what is well known , your libelous fantasy seem to have clouded your judgment. but facts are that the clark govt had chance to get ahead of this but chose not to, now they must bear the shame of that inaction . im sorry but do hang your head now :smt045
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

It's not the Governments fault.
It's not law enforcements fault.
It's not the legal systems fault.
It's not the medical systems fault.
None of these entities can stop the problem.
Natives are ODing because they are taking drugs.
If they did not take the drugs they would not OD.
No different than anyone else.
Black Dogs Matter
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

maryjane48 wrote:
why would you assume anything? considering you support poisoning first nations through comtinuing mining of tar sands :smt045

the accurate statement i have no use for corrupt cops or the over use of force. thats what is well known , your libelous fantasy seem to have clouded your judgment. but facts are that the clark govt had chance to get ahead of this but chose not to, now they must bear the shame of that inaction . im sorry but do hang your head now :smt045

This post is a very large pile of horse manure written by someone who obviously cannot comprehend reality.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

maryjane48 wrote:why would you assume anything? considering you support poisoning first nations through comtinuing mining of tar sands :smt045

You mean the FN's that support and give approval for the oil sands? :132:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

maryjane48 wrote:

You are a cop hater...period. Your problems are your own doing. Blaming others is your only way of dealing with your failures.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'll further that statement by saying that this is just another "tactic" by aboriginals to blame the white guy for their "woes"....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “B.C.”