Burnaby blocking pipeline?

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Burnaby blocking pipeline?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Bc doesnt have to let any oil by rail through.

Good grief. Just wow.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I'd suggest you check "the" facts on that, not your "facts!"
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

No facts to check
Theres no law that says we have to let cn or cp move anything through bc . I suggest you reread our laws .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

maryjane48 wrote:No facts to check
Theres no law that says we have to let cn or cp move anything through bc . I suggest you reread our laws .

Please provide a link to "the laws" that you are referring to.
Bring back the LIKE button.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Got back from the coast Friday. Driving near Hope the hwy. is close to a rail line. Hey, guess what MJ? Yes a train with numerous tanker cars in it...( oil, not chemical)
Seems to me to date, BC is in fact letting oil tanker cars through both by rail and by truck....
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

seewood wrote:

Got back from the coast Friday. Driving near Hope the hwy. is close to a rail line. Hey, guess what MJ? Yes a train with numerous tanker cars in it...( oil, not chemical)
Seems to me to date, BC is in fact letting oil tanker cars through both by rail and by truck....

Say it isn't so, mj posting a lie. :200:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Search around the net a bit, oil-by-rail shipping rates into BC vary with market conditions, but are consistently expressed in hundreds of thousands of barrels per day. There is loading infrastructure already in place to handle rates as high as a million barrels per day. Think about that for a minute when you consider the effect blocking pipelines will have.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Yes there is.

The railways are strictly federal jurisdiction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_regulations_in_Canada and https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/rail-menu.htm

Ontario tried to challenge that - guess what? The SCOC ruled against them. It is strictly a federal jurisdiction.

Try sussing out some facts beforehand. This is not the country of "NDP La-La land", it is Canada.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^Yeah, and some of Canada's laws are starting to :cuss: me off. Especially the ones that interfere with BC's environmental laws.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

seewood wrote:Pipeline is safer than the inevitable rail cars if this is delayed much longer.

I agree In the last few years large rail car loading facilities have been built in Alberta.
The only way to stop rail cars NOW is to make it
cheaper to ship by pipeline that would mean a lot more then this one line.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Yeah, and some of Canada's laws are starting to :cuss: me off. Especially the ones that interfere with BC's environmental laws.

If you don't like Canada, you can always emigrate. The laws and constitution were crafted to provide a framework where no single ideology nor narrow point view could over ride the needs and desires of the majority, and at the same time ensure that rights of the minorities were protected. That's a tough balance to achieve, especially when so many fringe minorities believe that things should be "my way or the highway" - which is precisely what you are expressing.

Perhaps you might want to consider moving to Vancouver Island and joining the VIP. Then start thinking about how backward and desperate Vancouver Island would be without the rest of BC and Canada.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Yeah, and some of Canada's laws are starting to :cuss: me off. Especially the ones that interfere with BC's environmental laws.

I am so glad that Canadian laws over-ride any insanely stupid BC laws. Thank you Canada!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Burnaby lost. I have a tiny bit more faith in the judicial process. Deciding against an eco terrorist mayor was the right thing to do.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/213508 ... -over-city
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The more jt keeps letting this bs,happen the closer we get to canadas first ndp govt
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Railways are governed by FEDERAL LAW. BC has no say in the matter.

Return to “B.C.”