47957

The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Urbane » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:01 pm

    Cactusflower wrote:
    How about changing the record? This one's broken.
Oh the irony!

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19873
Likes: 6739 posts
Liked in: 8084 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Urbane » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:03 pm

    Queen K wrote:I get it. I'm asking if the name calling thing is what is important here. :138:
The speaker made an issue out of it and the parties have reacted. It's been covered in the media as well. Is it the most important issue? No, the other examples of hypocrisy that I provided are probably considerably more important. We could concentrate on those.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19873
Likes: 6739 posts
Liked in: 8084 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Urbane » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:06 pm

    flamingfingers wrote:Darryl Plecas is the Speaker of the House and has the authority to determine decorum in the House. The Liberals hate him but have to abide by his rule. it will get more interesting when the BC Libs persist in challenging him. They will lose.
Yes. Plecas absolutely hates the Liberals, particularly after they called him out for lying about his willingness to become Speaker. So he has it in for them, and they don't like him, and he's certainly not behaving like an unbiased speaker. That's too bad. You're right that he can make up new rules as he goes along but consultation would be a far better approach. Instead he seems to relish the power that he has.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19873
Likes: 6739 posts
Liked in: 8084 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:29 pm

maryjane48 wrote:Haha i was right . Hobby admits he wants evrryone to pay more. Now ask yourself why would a,supposed private citizen want the rest of us to pay more when theres nothing in it for private citizen . .i asked to see the link to bchydro wanting to lower rates but infact its a opposite. Bclibs wanted higher bills for everyone.


Good grief. You don't get it all. The BCUC reviewed and approved the BC Hydro rate increases as fair and appropriate - the BC Libs had zero to with that. They just let the process play out.

Now you have the doofus NoooDangPlan hypocrites meddling in something they admit they don't understand (otherwise why the review? Yup, dog ate their homework AGAIN!). After they have screamed for years about political meddling in crown corps (which was always total nonsense as the 1990s NDP ALWAYS meddled).

The big deal with the silly NDP "Noooo" loonies was site C didn't go to the BCUC - "The Liberals were ignoring the BCUC blah, blah, blah, improper process blah, blah" - but now the bloviating ignoramus grinning Johnny the usurper is ignoring the BCUC rate review!

In the long run, raises for BC Hydro unionized employees et al, increases in repair parts costs etc. mean rate increases are inevitable. The NDP "freeze" is just political theater by a bunch a bunch of Know Nothings.

If the grinning fool Horgan cancels site C, your BC Hydro rates will jump 10% because BC Hydro will have $4 billion (including remediation) to cover with zero offsetting revenue. Oh ya, but grinning Johnny wants to make life more affordable for you? NOT! Grinning Johnny just wants his fat salary and pension that you pay for, and his political lack of spine will make life more expensive for you - and all the people who's jobs he wants to kill.

Hypocrisy indeed.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis

4 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 6597
Likes: 1671 posts
Liked in: 5630 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Queen K » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:39 pm

See, that's what is important here, not the name calling thing. ^^
The NDP Government: 2017 thread is not in the Bickering Room. Money can't buy what I want for Christmas.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 48482
Likes: 8713 posts
Liked in: 9555 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Urbane » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:45 pm

    Queen K wrote:See, that's what is important here, not the name calling thing. ^^
Eliminating NO. Prioritizing YES.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 19873
Likes: 6739 posts
Liked in: 8084 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:56 pm

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:
    How about changing the record? This one's broken.
Oh the irony!


'Irony' obviously doesn't mean what you think it does.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1314
Likes: 597 posts
Liked in: 279 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby mikest2 » Nov 8th, 2017, 7:57 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Darryl Plecas is the Speaker of the House and has the authority to determine decorum in the House. The Liberals hate him but have to abide by his rule. it will get more interesting when the BC Libs persist in challenging him. They will lose.


Likely only til his constituency recalls him.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

3 people like this post.
mikest2
Board Meister
 
Posts: 689
Likes: 412 posts
Liked in: 777 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Old Techie » Nov 9th, 2017, 2:35 am

Cactusflower wrote:
'Irony' obviously doesn't mean what you think it does.


Oh on the contrary someone accusing another, of actions they themselves engage in ten times as much, is the very epitome of irony.
Last edited by Old Techie on Nov 9th, 2017, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela

5 people like this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2180
Likes: 1787 posts
Liked in: 2955 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 9th, 2017, 8:43 am

Cactusflower wrote:
How about changing the record? This one's broken.


why is it broken? Because Urbane is exposing the NDP's disgusting hypocrisy?
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24185
Likes: 9389 posts
Liked in: 11295 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 9th, 2017, 8:44 am

Cactusflower wrote:
'Irony' obviously doesn't mean what you think it does.


oh the irony!! :biggrin:
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

7 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24185
Likes: 9389 posts
Liked in: 11295 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 9th, 2017, 9:58 am

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-hydro-feels-revenue-squeeze-while-ndp-commits-to-rate-freeze/article36889306/

Not sure which of several threads to post this in, but it features silly stuff and grinning Johnny telling a very large porky:

"During debates this week on her ministry budget, Ms. Mungall confirmed that BC Hydro has estimated that to stop the construction and restore the dam site would result in rate hikes of 9.5 per cent.

The Energy Minister said the effect on rates is still open for debate."

There is no "debate" on the effect on rates.

Cancelling site C will add $4 billion of non revenue generating debt to BC Hydro. YOU, as ratepayers will have to cover that debt. No asset value to add. Interestingly, that would also put BC Hydro in the position of violating its legislated debt/equity ratio.

Completing site C will add about $8.25 billion to BC Hydro's debt, but it will be offset by an asset value of roughly $10 billion. That will keep BC Hydro at a reasonable debt/equity. The debt will also have revenue to cover a large portion of the debt servicing from the get go, and will be entirely self funded by 2029.

Its simple, A) $4 billion of "boat anchor" debt - no revenue to pay for it, or B) $8.25 billion of debt - with new revenue to offset it.

Case A) 10% increase in rates, plus much more to follow as the NDP will go with the BCUC so called "alternative" and stick you with TOU (time of use) billing extras - plus stick businesses with "Industrial Curtailment" = lost jobs - so you may not be able to pay the bill at all. And more operating normal operating cost increases to boot as BC Hydro will not be able to dump the stupid IPPs.

Case B) 3% increase. Moderate increases to cover increases in wages etc.

Then we come to grinning Johnny's porky:

"In Question Period, the opposition Liberals suggested the fix is already in for the cancellation of Site C, noting several members of the NDP cabinet had campaigned against the project, including Agriculture Minister Lana Popham, Environment Minister George Heyman and Ms. Mungall.

They also circulated a photo of Mr. Horgan standing next to a "Site C Sucks" protest sign during a visit to the Peace River valley when he was in opposition.

Mr. Horgan told the legislature on Wednesday that no decision has been made, and blasted the Liberals for launching the Site C construction when they were in office without conducting a regulatory review to assess the cost of building it and the alternatives.

"This decision will come down to what's in the best interests of British Columbia," the Premier said."

What a load! Horgan was in favor of site C until looney Lana Popham threw a hissy fit and threatened to leave caucus. Grinning Johnny took the spineless way out then, and was only interested in political calculations and what worked to benefit his own sorry excuse for leadership.

This was never a question of what is best for BC, it has always been a bunch of political hooey ginned up by the irrational wing wing of the NDP, the same ones that back stabbed Carole James, lead by looney Lana Popham and goofy Clair Trevena.

(The same is true of Weaver, who correctly lobbied for site C for years, and then for political expediency suddenly changed his tune on flimsy and obviously fabricated grounds.)

Horgan is such a spineless hypocrite.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis

3 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 6597
Likes: 1671 posts
Liked in: 5630 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Old Techie » Nov 9th, 2017, 10:22 am

The NDP will simply shut down Site C, then blame the higher hydro bills that decision forces BC Hydro to charge, on the Liberals.

We know nimrod Johnny, nor any of the other NDP, can do math, or interpret financial statements, so there's no way we can expect an outcome the same as from someone who does, and even less so, when you factor in that the NDP and sheep, have an axe to grind with the Liberals.

BC's future doesn't even become part of the equation, when you are brain dead NDP, and see an opportunity to engage in t_t for tat.
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2180
Likes: 1787 posts
Liked in: 2955 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 9th, 2017, 10:35 am

hobbyguy wrote:https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-hydro-feels-revenue-squeeze-while-ndp-commits-to-rate-freeze/article36889306/

Not sure which of several threads to post this in, but it features silly stuff and grinning Johnny telling a very large porky:

"During debates this week on her ministry budget, Ms. Mungall confirmed that BC Hydro has estimated that to stop the construction and restore the dam site would result in rate hikes of 9.5 per cent.

The Energy Minister said the effect on rates is still open for debate."

There is no "debate" on the effect on rates.

Cancelling site C will add $4 billion of non revenue generating debt to BC Hydro. YOU, as ratepayers will have to cover that debt. No asset value to add. Interestingly, that would also put BC Hydro in the position of violating its legislated debt/equity ratio.

Completing site C will add about $8.25 billion to BC Hydro's debt, but it will be offset by an asset value of roughly $10 billion. That will keep BC Hydro at a reasonable debt/equity. The debt will also have revenue to cover a large portion of the debt servicing from the get go, and will be entirely self funded by 2029.

Its simple, A) $4 billion of "boat anchor" debt - no revenue to pay for it, or B) $8.25 billion of debt - with new revenue to offset it.

Case A) 10% increase in rates, plus much more to follow as the NDP will go with the BCUC so called "alternative" and stick you with TOU (time of use) billing extras - plus stick businesses with "Industrial Curtailment" = lost jobs - so you may not be able to pay the bill at all. And more operating normal operating cost increases to boot as BC Hydro will not be able to dump the stupid IPPs.

Case B) 3% increase. Moderate increases to cover increases in wages etc.

Then we come to grinning Johnny's porky:

"In Question Period, the opposition Liberals suggested the fix is already in for the cancellation of Site C, noting several members of the NDP cabinet had campaigned against the project, including Agriculture Minister Lana Popham, Environment Minister George Heyman and Ms. Mungall.

They also circulated a photo of Mr. Horgan standing next to a "Site C Sucks" protest sign during a visit to the Peace River valley when he was in opposition.

Mr. Horgan told the legislature on Wednesday that no decision has been made, and blasted the Liberals for launching the Site C construction when they were in office without conducting a regulatory review to assess the cost of building it and the alternatives.

"This decision will come down to what's in the best interests of British Columbia," the Premier said."

What a load! Horgan was in favor of site C until looney Lana Popham threw a hissy fit and threatened to leave caucus. Grinning Johnny took the spineless way out then, and was only interested in political calculations and what worked to benefit his own sorry excuse for leadership.

This was never a question of what is best for BC, it has always been a bunch of political hooey ginned up by the irrational wing wing of the NDP, the same ones that back stabbed Carole James, lead by looney Lana Popham and goofy Clair Trevena.

(The same is true of Weaver, who correctly lobbied for site C for years, and then for political expediency suddenly changed his tune on flimsy and obviously fabricated grounds.)

Horgan is such a spineless hypocrite.


https://www.desmog.ca/2017/11/03/why-br ... -103246003

If the BC Liberals/BC Hydro hadn't been in such a rush to get this thing 'past the point of no return', and had commissioned a review by BCUC before spending $2+ billion of OUR money on an unnecessary project, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1314
Likes: 597 posts
Liked in: 279 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: The BC NDP are world-class hypocrites

Postby mikest2 » Nov 9th, 2017, 10:43 am

Cactusflower wrote:
https://www.desmog.ca/2017/11/03/why-br ... -103246003

If the BC Liberals/BC Hydro hadn't been in such a rush to get this thing 'past the point of no return', and had commissioned a review by BCUC before spending $2+ billion of OUR money on an unnecessary project, we wouldn't be having this discussion.


Please show me where the NDP commissioned the BCUC to study whether or not the current government should freeze BC Hydro rates.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

Smurf likes this post.
mikest2
Board Meister
 
Posts: 689
Likes: 412 posts
Liked in: 777 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 9:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron