NDP freeze hydro rates

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Old Techie wrote:
Of course not when those facts undermine your narrative to the point of absurdity.

That was a brilliant take on Smurf's point. We are all very glad you made it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Cactusflower wrote:

I'll be able to answer that question when HG answers my question. There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future. That, to me, is what this debate is all about.

Hobbyguy's question, challenge was posed a "long" time before yours so I believe it would be appropriate for you to answer first instead of deflecting, the no sides only strategy. Please give us the answer you say you have.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Smurf wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

I'll be able to answer that question when HG answers my question. There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future. That, to me, is what this debate is all about.

Hobbyguy's question, challenge was posed a "long" time before yours so I believe it would be appropriate for you to answer first instead of deflecting, the no sides only strategy. Please give us the answer you say you have.

Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball that can tell me what the rates for renewable energy will cost in the future. I know what it costs now in various other jurisdictions, since that info is readily available, but nobody, not even HG can say what it's going to cost in B.C. a decade from now. Some so-called experts suggest that costs of alternative sources of energy will continue to decrease for several more years and then level off, whereas BC Hydro cannot tell us what their rates will be in the future. We know we're going to be paying more, but how much more?

Return to “B.C.”