NDP freeze hydro rates

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Post by maryjane48 »

You seem to forget that site C will pay for itself and leave us with a valuable asset.
does that mean we wont get a hydro bill anymore because you are going to pay everyones bill? :smt045
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait removed.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The provincial government’s decision to freeze BC Hydro's rates in 2018 likely won’t have any effect on FortisBC customers.

No freeze for Fortis

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... for-Fortis
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

alanjh595 wrote:The provincial government’s decision to freeze BC Hydro's rates in 2018 likely won’t have any effect on FortisBC customers.

No freeze for Fortis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FortisBC
Of course there will be an increase in Fortis rates. It's a private company, thanks to BC Hydro selling much of BC's interior power supply off to them. The government only has control over Crown corporations.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:The provincial government’s decision to freeze BC Hydro's rates in 2018 likely won’t have any effect on FortisBC customers.

No freeze for Fortis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FortisBC
Of course there will be an increase in Fortis rates. It's a private company, thanks to BC Hydro selling much of BC's interior power supply off to them. The government only has control over Crown corporations.

So then, since it is a "Crown Corporation", then why is it not Okay to move the profits of that corp. to fund a different "Crown Corporation"?
Last edited by alanjh595 on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:
You seem to forget that site C will pay for itself and leave us with a valuable asset.
does that mean we wont get a hydro bill anymore because you are going to pay everyones bill? :smt045

What do you care? You are going to install solar and go off grid to achieve energy freedom, or so you said.

How's that coming along BTW? :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Well how about you righties admit you want bc tax payers to pay more. Own your position instead of being wishy washy..investing in solar for all british columbians equals no more bills. :130:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

We know they will pay more but at least as it has been proven many times they will pay much less that if we use any of the alternatives. If you have any proof otherwise please post it. In fact just answer hobbyguy's question, but you already know you can't or you would have. Too bad you have to keep deflecting because you have verifiable no proof for anything you say.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Well how about you righties admit you want bc tax payers to pay more.. :130:

Why don't you Lefties learn how to do math so you can see just how insanely stupid solar and wind power are?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Smurf wrote:We know they will pay more but at least as it has been proven many times they will pay much less that if we use any of the alternatives. If you have any proof otherwise please post it. In fact just answer hobbyguy's question, but you already know you can't or you would have. Too bad you have to keep deflecting because you have verifiable no proof for anything you say.

I'll be able to answer that question when HG answers my question. There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future. That, to me, is what this debate is all about.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:Of course there will be an increase in Fortis rates. It's a private company, thanks to BC Hydro selling much of BC's interior power supply off to them. The government only has control over Crown corporations.

Fortis is a fantastic company. Good job BC Hydro selling off much of BC's interior power supply to them. This especially angers really stupid leftists who can't do math, so that's just the icing on the cake.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future..

Of course there is a point??????!!!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

maryjane48 wrote:Well how about you righties admit you want bc tax payers to pay more. Own your position instead of being wishy washy..investing in solar for all british columbians equals no more bills. :130:

Call me silly, but I tend to think you are hardly in a place to be ordering anyone to "own their position" as you put it, at least not until such time as you provide us proof that you've installed your solar system, and have gone off grid.

When you talk the talk, incessantly no less, people tend to expect you to walk the walk also.

Just for added amusement how about you put up some sort of proof to back up your claim that investing in solar equals no more bills. All the knowledgeable ones involved in power production seem to disagree with you, with most in fact saying it costs more than hydro.

Please feel free to prove them wrong with some actual real world evidence. We've heard enough fairy dust and unicorn fart rooted arguments. :biggrin:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:
Smurf wrote:We know they will pay more but at least as it has been proven many times they will pay much less that if we use any of the alternatives. If you have any proof otherwise please post it. In fact just answer hobbyguy's question, but you already know you can't or you would have. Too bad you have to keep deflecting because you have verifiable no proof for anything you say.

I'll be able to answer that question when HG answers my question. There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future. That, to me, is what this debate is all about.

Of course not when those facts undermine your narrative to the point of absurdity.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Old Techie wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Of course not when those facts undermine your narrative to the point of absurdity.

I believe Smurf is quite capable of defending his own position. I'll wait for his response, thank you.

Return to “B.C.”