47063
47869

NDP freeze hydro rates

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 10th, 2017, 8:56 am

You seem to forget that site C will pay for itself and leave us with a valuable asset.
does that mean we wont get a hydro bill anymore because you are going to pay everyones bill? :smt045
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15995
Likes: 9969 posts
Liked in: 2496 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Rider59 » Nov 10th, 2017, 10:43 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bait removed.

Old Techie likes this post.
Rider59
Board Meister
 
Posts: 357
Likes: 206 posts
Liked in: 339 posts
Joined: Aug 17th, 2016, 9:02 am

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:06 pm

The provincial government’s decision to freeze BC Hydro's rates in 2018 likely won’t have any effect on FortisBC customers.

No freeze for Fortis

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... for-Fortis
User avatar
alanjh595
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 748
Likes: 221 posts
Liked in: 415 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:23 pm

alanjh595 wrote:The provincial government’s decision to freeze BC Hydro's rates in 2018 likely won’t have any effect on FortisBC customers.

No freeze for Fortis

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... for-Fortis


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FortisBC
Of course there will be an increase in Fortis rates. It's a private company, thanks to BC Hydro selling much of BC's interior power supply off to them. The government only has control over Crown corporations.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1265
Likes: 580 posts
Liked in: 265 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:The provincial government’s decision to freeze BC Hydro's rates in 2018 likely won’t have any effect on FortisBC customers.

No freeze for Fortis

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... for-Fortis


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FortisBC
Of course there will be an increase in Fortis rates. It's a private company, thanks to BC Hydro selling much of BC's interior power supply off to them. The government only has control over Crown corporations.


So then, since it is a "Crown Corporation", then why is it not Okay to move the profits of that corp. to fund a different "Crown Corporation"?
Last edited by alanjh595 on Nov 10th, 2017, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
alanjh595
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 748
Likes: 221 posts
Liked in: 415 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Old Techie » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:46 pm

maryjane48 wrote:
You seem to forget that site C will pay for itself and leave us with a valuable asset.
does that mean we wont get a hydro bill anymore because you are going to pay everyones bill? :smt045


What do you care? You are going to install solar and go off grid to achieve energy freedom, or so you said.

How's that coming along BTW? :biggrin:
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela

Smurf likes this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2155
Likes: 1734 posts
Liked in: 2922 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 10th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Well how about you righties admit you want bc tax payers to pay more. Own your position instead of being wishy washy..investing in solar for all british columbians equals no more bills. :130:
.
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15995
Likes: 9969 posts
Liked in: 2496 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Smurf » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:29 pm

We know they will pay more but at least as it has been proven many times they will pay much less that if we use any of the alternatives. If you have any proof otherwise please post it. In fact just answer hobbyguy's question, but you already know you can't or you would have. Too bad you have to keep deflecting because you have verifiable no proof for anything you say.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
User avatar
Smurf
Guru
 
Posts: 8741
Likes: 12175 posts
Liked in: 4486 posts
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 7:55 am
Location: Okanagan BC

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:35 pm

maryjane48 wrote:Well how about you righties admit you want bc tax payers to pay more.. :130:
.


Why don't you Lefties learn how to do math so you can see just how insanely stupid solar and wind power are?
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

Smurf likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24070
Likes: 9291 posts
Liked in: 11105 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:36 pm

Smurf wrote:We know they will pay more but at least as it has been proven many times they will pay much less that if we use any of the alternatives. If you have any proof otherwise please post it. In fact just answer hobbyguy's question, but you already know you can't or you would have. Too bad you have to keep deflecting because you have verifiable no proof for anything you say.


I'll be able to answer that question when HG answers my question. There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future. That, to me, is what this debate is all about.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1265
Likes: 580 posts
Liked in: 265 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:36 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Of course there will be an increase in Fortis rates. It's a private company, thanks to BC Hydro selling much of BC's interior power supply off to them. The government only has control over Crown corporations.


Fortis is a fantastic company. Good job BC Hydro selling off much of BC's interior power supply to them. This especially angers really stupid leftists who can't do math, so that's just the icing on the cake.
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24070
Likes: 9291 posts
Liked in: 11105 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Cactusflower wrote:There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future..


Of course there is a point??????!!!
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24070
Likes: 9291 posts
Liked in: 11105 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Old Techie » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:42 pm

maryjane48 wrote:Well how about you righties admit you want bc tax payers to pay more. Own your position instead of being wishy washy..investing in solar for all british columbians equals no more bills. :130:
.


Call me silly, but I tend to think you are hardly in a place to be ordering anyone to "own their position" as you put it, at least not until such time as you provide us proof that you've installed your solar system, and have gone off grid.

When you talk the talk, incessantly no less, people tend to expect you to walk the walk also.

Just for added amusement how about you put up some sort of proof to back up your claim that investing in solar equals no more bills. All the knowledgeable ones involved in power production seem to disagree with you, with most in fact saying it costs more than hydro.

Please feel free to prove them wrong with some actual real world evidence. We've heard enough fairy dust and unicorn fart rooted arguments. :biggrin:
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela

Smurf likes this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2155
Likes: 1734 posts
Liked in: 2922 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Old Techie » Nov 10th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
Smurf wrote:We know they will pay more but at least as it has been proven many times they will pay much less that if we use any of the alternatives. If you have any proof otherwise please post it. In fact just answer hobbyguy's question, but you already know you can't or you would have. Too bad you have to keep deflecting because you have verifiable no proof for anything you say.


I'll be able to answer that question when HG answers my question. There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future. That, to me, is what this debate is all about.


Of course not when those facts undermine your narrative to the point of absurdity.
"Fools multiply when wise men are silent!" - Nelson Mandela

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Old Techie
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2155
Likes: 1734 posts
Liked in: 2922 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Re: NDP freeze hydro rates

Postby Cactusflower » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Old Techie wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
I'll be able to answer that question when HG answers my question. There's no point in trying to compare the costs of renewable energy prices in the future. That, to me, is what this debate is all about.


Of course not when those facts undermine your narrative to the point of absurdity.


I believe Smurf is quite capable of defending his own position. I'll wait for his response, thank you.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1265
Likes: 580 posts
Liked in: 265 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cdawson, hobbyguy, Old Techie, Walking Wounded and 5 guests

cron