What will Horgan do with Site C?

What will John Horgan do with the Site C dam project?

He'll cancel it
28%
He'll allow it to be completed
72%

Total votes: 58

Urbane
Buddha of the Board

What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by Urbane »

Sometime between now and the end of the year John Horgan will make the call on the Site C dam project. He's already ruled out suspending it and has said that it will either be cancelled or completed. What do you think he's likely to do?

Please note: We already have a Site C thread and that's where the discussion should continue. Please use this thread only to vote in the poll. Thanks.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 12th, 2017, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added bold to request.
Jlabute
Guru

Re: What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by Jlabute »

I think the NDP are freezing BC Hydro rates as a signal that they will save consumers from higher energy costs (Fortis solar subscribers not included), indicating their plan to bring in renewables (wind/solar) is the future and will be cheaper, and site C will be cancelled.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I think Horgan would like to keep Site C but is delaying while he figures out a way to appease both Weaver and the NDP base.

He will only cancel if he believes proceeding will hurt his chances of re-election. So as long as the polls indicate the majority of the public are in favour, Site C has an excellent chance of being allowed to proceed.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Im thinking I hope you're right Merry as I'm not real sure either way.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

If he postpones the project, he will be shooting himself in the foot and will guarantee that he is just another NDP government that will only become a one term wonder.
If he kills the project, he will not only be a "one term government", but will also kill any chance that the NDP party has of being a viable party for decades to come and will suck the Green party down the drain with him.
If he chooses to continue, he still has the option of sucking in his pride, doing what is best for BC, and never has to give the Liberals any credit for starting the project. He has the opportunity to still come out on top by making the decision to proceed for the benefit of all of BC.
His best interest, for himself. the NDP, the Greens to get a 2nd term, is to swallow his pride and allow the project to be completed.
Bring back the LIKE button.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

alanjh595 wrote:If he postpones the project, he will be shooting himself in the foot and will guarantee that he is just another NDP government that will only become a one term wonder.
If he kills the project, he will not only be a "one term government", but will also kill any chance that the NDP party has of being a viable party for decades to come and will suck the Green party down the drain with him.
If he chooses to continue, he still has the option of sucking in his pride, doing what is best for BC, and never has to give the Liberals any credit for starting the project. He has the opportunity to still come out on top by making the decision to proceed for the benefit of all of BC.
His best interest, for himself. the NDP, the Greens to get a 2nd term, is to swallow his pride and allow the project to be completed.

Hardly. Site c is a nclib make work project for party donations . If horgan allows itcto be built he wont last . If he puts bc on a real green future the bclibs will be forgotton
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I hope I am wrong too. I don’t trust JH and especially the Green Party. Horgan and Weaver want to make B.C. a leader in wind and solar. A dam giving BCers power for the next 120 years would foil their plans. He’s vocal against site C but yeah, he would kill his party for many decades. Weaver with his 3 seats isn’t even worth consideration IMO.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

maryjane48 wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:If he postpones the project, he will be shooting himself in the foot and will guarantee that he is just another NDP government that will only become a one term wonder.

Hardly. Site c is a nclib make work project for party donations . If horgan allows itcto be built he wont last . If he puts bc on a real green future the bclibs will be forgotton

Well then, that is YOUR guess, and that is about as good as mine.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

GREEN LOSERS! [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

maryjane48 wrote: Hardly. Site c is a nclib make work project for party donations . If horgan allows itcto be built he wont last . If he puts bc on a real green future the bclibs will be forgotton

I am having difficulty understanding your rebuttal to my opinion. In particular:

nclib and itcto

Neither of these terms/acronyms come up on Google. Perhaps you could provide further information for my research?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote: If he puts bc on a real green future the bclibs will be forgotton

This has some truth. If Horgan is smart enough to approve Site C then he may have a chance, albeit small, at staying in power. If he stupidly cancels it to instead promote disgusting, expensive and stupid solar and wind power, he's toast.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Urbane wrote:Sometime between now and the end of the year John Horgan will make the call on the Site C dam project. He's already ruled out suspending it and has said that it will either be cancelled or completed. What do you think he's likely to do?

Please note: We already have a Site C thread and that's where the discussion should continue. Please use this thread only to vote in the poll. Thanks.

Urbane, there appears to have been a rebellion in the realm. :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If individual homeowner want to install solar panels I say go for it.
2 problems trying to generate the same output of site c by solar.
1st) the size of the solar array needed
2nd) generation only happens during daylight

I've already mentioned issues with wind turbines.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

GordonH wrote:If individual homeowner want to install solar panels I say go for it.
2 problems trying to generate the same output of site c by solar.
1st) the size of the solar array needed
2nd) generation only happens during daylight

I've already mentioned issues with wind turbines.

Site c is going to cost 10 to 20 billion. Stoping would cost lets say 3 billion. That. Leaves around 7 to 17 billion to do it better.

Based on the 2011 census there is less than 2 million houses . So if our govt spent

12 thousand per house we could have energy freedom in bc for everyhouse
Or if. we spent half that amount on 1 million houses which is ovrr half we wre giving ourselves an extra 100 years. Based on bchydros own forcast. To give solar more time to come down in costs and for battery tech to get better . And if we get the power from columbia river we double it to 200plus years before needing extra power :130:
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

He'll allow it to be completed because he's BC's saviour.

Return to “B.C.”