What will Horgan do with Site C?

What will John Horgan do with the Site C dam project?

He'll cancel it
28%
He'll allow it to be completed
72%

Total votes: 58

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Horgan has to explain himself out of this photo, doesn't he?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Hassel99 wrote:I am glad Premier Horgan is astute enough to put petty politics aside and do what is right for the long term future of BC.

Good move NDP.

maryjane48 wrote:Actualy bad move his votes just went poof

Yes. And that is a very good thing indeed!!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

They are all going to green [icon_lol2.gif] weaver will be your next premier :130:
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

KevinJP wrote:Come on Mr. Weaver. Let's show some backbone an defeat the government. Otherwise, he is no different than any other politician. Say what it takes to get elected and then backtrack big time on the promise. If he thinks this will make me vote Green the next time, forget it!!!

Weaver does nothing until AFTER he gets his next chess move, PR. Weaver doesn't care about site C, except to use it for political advantage. Remember, Andrew lobbied FOR site C for years.

Funny thing is, with PR, the Greens will not ever form government, they will always be no more than a "tail that wags the dog". That makes me think Andrew just wants his guaranteed spot on the "party list", and the fat salary and pension that comes with it.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 11th, 2017, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

butcher99 wrote: never happen.. wind and solar are just starting to pick up steam. .

No, actually they aren't.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What I REALLY want to know is; What the NDP supporters' choices of numbers for this Friday's Lotto Max draw.

I will eliminate those numbers from my choices, since they couldn't pick a winner in a horse race of 3 when the other 2 didn't show up.
Bring back the LIKE button.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

alanjh595 wrote:What I REALLY want to know is; What the NDP supporters' choices of numbers for this Friday's Lotto Max draw.

I will eliminate those numbers from my choices, since they couldn't pick a winner in a horse race of 3 when the other 2 didn't show up.

Looks like ndp is the govt so your theory is wrong .but then again no one expects any class from bclib supporter :130:

Just wait john knows what his choice means for his base. Your smile wont lsst long when you find out what else is coming :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

seems the 8.5 billion I quoted is already out of date. From the castanet story about the decision.

"Initially pegged at a cost of $8.3 billion, the government now estimated the project will cost $10.7 billion to finish. Once it’s finished, the dam will flood approximately 5,500 hectares along the Peace River."
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I have to congratulate Horgan on making the right decision for the province and the people of BC and North America. On top of that he probably ruined the chances of both the NDP and the Greens in the next election. There were a lot of NDP who will be happy with his position as shown by the number of MLA's that wanted it to proceed. The remainer or at least some of them will split to the Greens meaning both parties are done, as far as any number of elected representatives. Their only hope might be another coalition but I believe that train has long left the station. Thanks again John for continuing site C and at the same time dividing the lefts.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

hobbyguy wrote:Weaver does nothing until AFTER he gets his next chess move, PR. Weaver doesn't care about site C, except to use it for political advantage. Remember, Andrew lobbied FOR site C for years.

Funny thing is, with PR, the Greens will not ever form government, they will always be no more than a "tail that wags the dog". That makes me think Andrew just wants his guaranteed spot on the "party list", and the fat salary and pension that comes with it.

Weber lobbied for it at 4.5 billion. Todays guess is up to 10.7 billion. Not my guess but the guess from the castanet report. At 4.5 billion it made sense. At 10.7 and climbing not so much

Still waiting for anyone cheering for this to say that they will come back and apologize if it turns out that the shut it down side was correct. I have said that if it comes in at todays figures and time line I will come back and admit I was wrong. How about you do the same?
No takers? GB ? Smurf?
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

While some here believe that Horgan has "... proved he has no spine .green will win next election..." , I respectfully beg to differ. Horgan has shown that not only does he have a political backbone but that he is astute enough to realize the fiscal and economic benefits of continuing the project. He believes that the benefits outweigh the liabilities.
He has also "...pledged that a new B.C. Food Security Fund would be created based on Site C revenues. This would be "dedicated to supporting farming and enhancing agricultural innovation and productivity in the province".

He also promised a new "Project Assurance Board". It "will provide enhanced oversight to future contract procurement and management, project deliverables, environmental integrity, and quality assurance—all within the mandate of delivering the project on time and budget".

In addition, Horgan has promised a "community benefits programs, mandated with making sure that project benefits assist local communities, and increasing the number of apprentices and First Nations workers hired onto the project".

https://www.straight.com/news/1006661/premier-john-horgan-says-ndp-government-will-complete-construction-site-c-dam

https://thetyee.ca/News/2017/12/11/No-Magic-Solution-Horgan-on-Approving-Site-C/

Weaver, on the other hand, has chosen to remain a political jellyfish. He offered only blanket criticism of Site C and he did not or has not offered an alternative that outlined a fiscally responsible economic energy plan for the next 20 years. That is not leadership. If he became Premier after the next election as some here have predicted, his policies would follow the direction of the prevailing wind. If you want to be a leader you have to show leadership. At this time give credit to Horgan. He has shown leadership. He has made a difficult decision. I just hope he has the backbone to continue to make the hard decisions that are on the horizon with Health and Education.
Last edited by erinmore3775 on Dec 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

butcher99 wrote:seems the 8.5 billion I quoted is already out of date. From the castanet story about the decision.

"Initially pegged at a cost of $8.3 billion, the government now estimated the project will cost $10.7 billion to finish. Once it’s finished, the dam will flood approximately 5,500 hectares along the Peace River."

What is the main point of your post? Either it is money or it is acreage flooded?

The extra cost was addressed by Horgan in his speech and he even agrees that this over-run was due to unforeseen geotechnical issues. He also admits that; even with these unforeseen costs, the new amount for the budget will be increased and he doesn't see a problem with adjusting and keeping within the new, adjusted budget to complete this project, on time as it was originally laid out by the previous Liberal government.
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

butcher99 wrote:
Weber lobbied for it at 4.5 billion.

Who is Weber?

Return to “B.C.”