What will Horgan do with Site C?

What will John Horgan do with the Site C dam project?

He'll cancel it
28%
He'll allow it to be completed
72%

Total votes: 58

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Walking Wounded wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:Next election your going to see green in power its already done deal :130:

Lol, one day you will wake up from your dream world.

I'm not putting any money on that. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

butcher99 wrote:
I have said that if it comes in at todays figures and time line I will come back and admit I was wrong. How about you do the same?
No takers? GB ? Smurf?

Myself and others have already commented on this some time ago. I forget exactly what I said but it was something like it doesn't surprise me and doesn't worry me. I have seen enough of these projects to know it happens. I also said that it doesn't worry me because I am confident that in the end it will be a huge plus for BC. Since I am thinking of the future possibly decades I will be in the same position as erinmore3775 in that I will be long gone before there will be any proof of the true value of site C to BC over the next 75 to 100 years. It does not bother me at all if I have to pay a bit now so that my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren will enjoy great rates for the times as I have from the previous dams in BC. I have seen absolutely nothing to "prove" my confidence is wrong.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

The only horse in this race is my single vote. Possibly the votes of those who I can influence, but it may be best if I simply eschew my belief's.

Why not write bonds for major construction projects? Why not write bonds for every tree, lump of coal, and pocket of gas?

What is wrong with a Social Credit party?

(drat, I remember... Anyone want to buy my last BRICK shares? A collectors item. I know what I have. No lowballers.)
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Who cares ? Weaver will be next bc govt solar and wind is the future no matter what and as more and more places bring them online it will be you and your corrupt buddys wondering why no one is using site c

You . just . DON'T know how to Google anything , do you ???

Look at what it takes to make just one windmill blade or solar panel... Then go a bit farther and "look up " what it takes to make just one lithium ion battery for an electric car ...

Go on , I DARE you ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

maryjane48 wrote:Bchydro should be disbanded .clark should be in jail and john should get a backbone implanted . Hopefully the scoc rules in favour of injunction which based on peel river ruling is great chance they will .

Then after that alll.rightwing partys made against the law. [icon_lol2.gif]
After it hits 30 billion people will clue in .

Rates will be going up and up and up .bchydro applied under corrupt clark to get increases. So spineless john just guarenteed it today .

Hope hes ashamed of himself
Plus he had the gall to say im not first politician to walk all ovrr first nstions like that somehow made it better

:smt045

What about those months of your post you did lifting Horgan up as a savior, how you appear to want to cast him aside. Wow, I'm guessing your bong is your best friend today. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

MAPearce wrote:
Who cares ? Weaver will be next bc govt solar and wind is the future no matter what and as more and more places bring them online it will be you and your corrupt buddys wondering why no one is using site c

You . just . DON'T know how to Google anything , do you ???

Look at what it takes to make just one windmill blade or solar panel... Then go a bit farther and "look up " what it takes to make just one lithium ion battery for an electric car ...

Go on , I DARE you ....

Actually until such time as we see proof of her going off the grid, to achieve energy freedom (ROFLMAO), many of us simply view the nonsense as THC induced gibberish.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/bc-ndps-decision-on-site-c-is-mainly-a-matter-of-politics/article37292705/

"In its decision to proceed with the contentious Site C hydroelectric dam, B.C.'s NDP government chose a path of political pragmatism over hell-bent ideology."
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

maryjane48 wrote:Bchydro should be disbanded .clark should be in jail and john should get a backbone implanted . Hopefully the scoc rules in favour of injunction which based on peel river ruling is great chance they will .

Then after that alll.rightwing partys made against the law. [icon_lol2.gif]
After it hits 30 billion people will clue in .

Rates will be going up and up and up .bchydro applied under corrupt clark to get increases. So spineless john just guarenteed it today .

Hope hes ashamed of himself
Plus he had the gall to say im not first politician to walk all ovrr first nstions like that somehow made it better
:smt045

"30 Billion people" ???

Total population of the EARTH last year was 7.4 Billion.

Earth/Population
7.442 billion (2016)

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1GGR ... 42&bih=579

Where do yo get 33 BILLION from? Exaggerate much?

If anyone should be ashamed of themselves it should be those that comment before researching, verifying, and previewing before posting.
Bring back the LIKE button.
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

THC induced gibberish.

This is going to be

a)Fun, I got my dam.
b)drat, I forgot about the feds
c) ....
d)...

e) oh right, things are going relatively smoothly eh? Canada Day 2018! (keep your smoke separate folks but a WIN!)
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 11th, 2017, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

alanjh595 wrote:
"30 Billion people" ???

Sorry you got that part wrong. The bong queen is trying to suggest Site C will cost 30 billion.
She is also thinking that people will take her seriously when numbers like that are plucked from the crease of her north side.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Old Techie wrote:
butcher99 wrote:seems the 8.5 billion I quoted is already out of date. From the castanet story about the decision.

"Initially pegged at a cost of $8.3 billion, the government now estimated the project will cost $10.7 billion to finish. Once it’s finished, the dam will flood approximately 5,500 hectares along the Peace River."

That shouldn't surprise you, when it's the NDP that began stalling tactics before even being sworn in, and played a key role in preventing a highway from being relocated, result of which majorly affected the timeline.

already you prove everything I have said. The announcement was only a few hours ago and you are already blaming the NDP for the problems with the Liberal site C project.
I have no idea where you get the NDP stalled. It was the liberals who held off and held off on admitting they could not form a government and held up the process. It i s not the NDP that started a project that was to cost 7 billion that only two years in has already swollen to 10.7 billion. With no end in sight.
I knew you would just blame the NDP no matter what but this is just a little to fast off the mark isnt it?
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

hobbyguy wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/bc-ndps-decision-on-site-c-is-mainly-a-matter-of-politics/article37292705/

"In its decision to proceed with the contentious Site C hydroelectric dam, B.C.'s NDP government chose a path of political pragmatism over hell-bent ideology."

Of course it was. As was the decision to start it in the first place.

Does it matter? Political or not. You got what you wanted. If they had said no you would also say it was politically motivated. It is politics. Of course it is politically motivated. Can you truthfully say the original decision to go ahead was not political ?
So we now have a power project already almost 35% over budget and off schedule only 2 years in.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

butcher99 wrote:seems the 8.5 billion I quoted is already out of date. From the castanet story about the decision.

"Initially pegged at a cost of $8.3 billion, the government now estimated the project will cost $10.7 billion to finish. Once it’s finished, the dam will flood approximately 5,500 hectares along the Peace River."

butcher99 wrote:
Old Techie wrote:
That shouldn't surprise you, when it's the NDP that began stalling tactics before even being sworn in, and played a key role in preventing a highway from being relocated, result of which majorly affected the timeline.

already you prove everything I have said. The announcement was only a few hours ago and you are already blaming the NDP for the problems with the Liberal site C project.
I have no idea where you get the NDP stalled. It was the liberals who held off and held off on admitting they could not form a government and held up the process. It i s not the NDP that started a project that was to cost 7 billion that only two years in has already swollen to 10.7 billion. With no end in sight.
I knew you would just blame the NDP no matter what but this is just a little to fast off the mark isnt it?

Oh get with the program you can't possibly be this obtuse.

Site C was on budget and on time, right up until the NDP began meddling in it, so if I'm proving anything it's that the NDP should stick to what they know, whatever that might be, because meddling in things they don't understand costs us all money, and blaming it on the Liberals, when the NDP are the cause of setbacks, and cost overruns, simply doesn't cut it.

You have no idea where I got that from that the NDP stalled it???? Well first off Horgan fired off a letter to BC Hydro making demands pertaining to the project before he was even sworn in.
There's also a highway that needs to be moved and the holdup there is also tied to the NDP. That one being a significant setback as the relocation can only be done at very specific times due to the fish involved. Since it wasn't done that's about a year setback right there.

Let those who know what they're doing build the dam, and I'm sure it will fare well.

On the other hand let the clueless meddle in it and you can bet costs will go up.

You haven't spent much time in the world of construction have you?

It kind of works like this, someone wants to build a project so they get an estimate on what it will cost to build it, with conditions written into the contract, as well as what all exactly will be done/provided, and within what reasonable time line.

Two parties agree to terms and project begins, now enter third party who puts hurdles up which affect time line, and/or alters other conditions of original contract, now you can rest assured original estimate is out the window, and with every subsequent hurdle the cost meter keeps ticking.

Simply put you can't change the rules in mid game and not expect some unfavorable consequences.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Bchydro admited it was over budget from get go.you forgot about unredacted report already ? Lol. Am i surprised bclib supporters flat out lie ? No.. Not at all. But what ever final cost its on team bclib .

Return to “B.C.”