What will Horgan do with Site C?

What will John Horgan do with the Site C dam project?

He'll cancel it
28%
He'll allow it to be completed
72%

Total votes: 58

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: What will Horgan do with Site C?

Post by Queen K »

I meant: Finally Urbane stepped in and stopped the insanity and saved Site C through sheer force of his incessant emails to John Horgan that Castanetters will explode, or implode, if Site C is cancelled.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Urbane wrote:
    Queen K wrote:Finally!
I'm hoping that you can complete that thought with: "Finally, I just heard that John Horgan is going to do the right thing and complete the dam."
:D

For a thread that wasn't supposed to be posted in, it's got a lot of action.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:For a thread that wasn't supposed to be posted in, it's got a lot of action.
The trick is to tell people not to post here and they come in droves:) In a sense it's a bit different topic than the Site C thread because it's not about the pluses and minuses of the project itself but specifically about what John Horgan will decide to do. I think there's a good chance that he's already decided what to do and I believe there's a slightly better than 50-50 chance that he has already decided to let the project continue and is simply letting us think that he's deliberating. I guess we'll know before Christmas unless he decides to have another study or simply postpones the announcement until the new year.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Urbane wrote:The trick is to tell people not to post here and they come in droves:) In a sense it's a bit different topic than the Site C thread because it's not about the pluses and minuses of the project itself but specifically about what John Horgan will decide to do. I think there's a good chance that he's already decided what to do and I believe there's a slightly better than 50-50 chance that he has already decided to let the project continue and is simply letting us think that he's deliberating. I guess we'll know before Christmas unless he decides to have another study or simply postpones the announcement until the new year.

The Site C issue is a perfect mirror reflection of the internal conflicts currently tearing the brainless NDP apart. The old NDP would be all over approving Site C, because they were all about creating union jobs for their union puppet masters. This was what drove the idiot Adrian Dix and Glen Clark to approve the fast ferries without any sort of understanding of basic math. It was all about union jobs. And on some level, I can respect that. Kind of like respecting a really dumb animal that still knows to cover its poop in public. But the new NDP has a whole new issue to deal with - the really really dumb enviro-lunatic that has latched onto the NDP as the "environmental party". This presents a fundamental paradigm shift, as it pits two diametrically opposed forces - union labour which wants to work, versus welfare collecting enviro-lunatic morons who want to kill all economic activity. The NDP desperately wants the votes of the welfare-collecting enviro-lunatic morons, but they can't please everyone. So what do they do?? It's a toughie.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

twobits wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:^^Well then, PM the MOD!! OK? No need to bring your complaint about moderation onto the public forum!! Which is a breech of the rules, capisce?

Says the champion of killing Site C. Would really benefit you if I got put in the penalty box by the mods wouldn't it? I'd be surprised if you haven't tattled on me via pm yet.

Rest assured that's no doubt been done. That one excels at stirring the pot by flirting with what's acceptable, and then is first to report any response that challenges her crap.

flamingfingers wrote:twobits:

I think you need to seek out professional help regarding your paranoid ideation. NOW!!

Says the pot to the kettle. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

I think it is funny that two posters who spew BS all day , every day , are complaining that MODs aren't deleting blatant lies. "blatant lies" = someone who has a different opinion.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:I think it is funny that two posters who spew BS all day , every day , are complaining that MODs aren't deleting blatant lies. "blatant lies" = someone who has a different opinion.

Big difference between different opinion, and posting stuff that is totally made up, more often than not libelous, then given a misleading title for icing on the cake.

I don't believe anyone has taken issue with differing opinions, just those based upon invented, or non existent, supporting data.

Let me help you out here.............
lie
lī/
noun
noun: lie; plural noun: lies

an intentionally false statement.

Note the definition mentions nothing about differing opinions!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

gordon_as wrote:I think it is funny that two posters who spew BS all day , every day , .

spew BS all day = tell the truth about just how awful the NDP is, including just how dumb they are when it comes to SIte C.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The Site C issue is a perfect mirror reflection of the internal conflicts currently tearing the brainless NDP apart. The old NDP would be all over approving Site C, because they were all about creating union jobs for their union puppet masters. This was what drove the idiot Adrian Dix and Glen Clark to approve the fast ferries without any sort of understanding of basic math. It was all about union jobs. And on some level, I can respect that. Kind of like respecting a really dumb animal that still knows to cover its poop in public. But the new NDP has a whole new issue to deal with - the really really dumb enviro-lunatic that has latched onto the NDP as the "environmental party". This presents a fundamental paradigm shift, as it pits two diametrically opposed forces - union labour which wants to work, versus welfare collecting enviro-lunatic morons who want to kill all economic activity.

And that, in a neat and tidy little nutshell, is precisely why I have such a deep-seated hatred for the NDP and will always vote for whatever party has the greatest chance of keeping these NDP morons from power.

For the record my vote in the OP's poll was for what I think Hulk-Horgan will do, not what I think he should do, or what is right. I have very little faith that Smiling-Johnny is intelligent enough to do the right thing and proceed with Site C but it would be nice if he proves me wrong. Not holding my breath however.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I think Premier Horgan will keep Site C going based on the sheer force of Urbane's personality. :biggrin:
Last edited by Queen K on Nov 16th, 2017, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

maryjane48 wrote:Open letter to ndp

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/1694d3_88 ... 0ee252.pdf

WOW. A letter of 108 names!? To put 2500 people out of work, and cripple the electricity needs of all BCers for decades to come.

That is a pretty powerful letter.
Bring back the LIKE button.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Jx3 wrote:
For the record my vote in the OP's poll was for what I think Hulk-Horgan will do, not what I think he should do, or what is right. I have very little faith that Smiling-Johnny is intelligent enough to do the right thing and proceed with Site C but it would be nice if he proves me wrong. Not holding my breath however.

Not holding my breath either. I am afraid that the smiling potato head will spin the cancellation as not all that negative to employment as there will be close to two billion dollars of remediation work to reverse what has been accomplished thus far. He will conveniently omit however that it will be four billion spent with zero for asset to show for it. Not even a hundred watt solar panel that produces about 50 watts at BC's latitude.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Interesting thing is since the bclibs chose to skip bcuc the 4 billion is on them :130: [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “B.C.”