Killing beavers for a dam

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Killing beavers for a dam

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:Okay, well let's just ressurrect the beaver felt hat for fashion again. Send all the beaver meat to The Green Barbarian's house.

I say that they trap all of the beavers and let them out in the backyard of CF, QK and MJ's house. Then when you guys have had enough and have somehow mended your bleeding hearts we can have a big old beaver barbecue!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Queen K wrote:Who says no one cares about beavers?

Weird, anytime I talk to people not even once somebody asked - "So, how about all that beaver stuff on the news?"

Doesn't come up really.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I haven't forgotten the poaching done up at Headwaters that hit the news. So yes, people do care.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Queen K wrote:Okay, well let's just ressurrect the beaver felt hat for fashion again. Send all the beaver meat to The Green Barbarian's house.

I say that they trap all of the beavers and let them out in the backyard of CF, QK and MJ's house. Then when you guys have had enough and have somehow mended your bleeding hearts we can have a big old beaver barbecue!

No we don't all live together :1422:

Yes, I have a bleeding heart when it comes to wildllife :heart: we see all too often how killing them is the answer. I wholeheartedly approve of hunting bambi though. I'm conflicted here over the necessity of killing the beavers rather than moving them. And as big as my yard is, there's no room for beavers to build a dam, but they could be useful in taking out my neighbours horse chesanut tree, sooooo mayyybbeeeeee

What's wrong with you getting all the meat? you could share with Alan and post pics of your recipe results.
Last edited by Queen K on Nov 14th, 2017, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:
What's wrong with you getting all the meat? you could share with Alan and post pics of your recipe results.

not sure I want all of the meat. Perhaps they could feed the homeless with it? Or is that not PC?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Fancy wrote:I haven't forgotten the poaching done up at Headwaters that hit the news. So yes, people do care.

Oh yes, the Great Beaver Tragedy of 2XXX.

NEVER FORGET.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It was brutal slaying with no purpose, so ya, never forget how cruel people can be.

Queen K wrote:

not sure I want all of the meat. Perhaps they could feed the homeless with it? Or is that not PC?

Oh god, when it was suggested that there could be a Canada Geese kill and the meat could go to the Gospel Mission people went nuts with all the PC stuff, so maybe not.

Okay, not all of it, maybe some steaks. I'm sure there could be some people here to step up and try out those recipes I posted. There's a lot more where those came from.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:They also are very destructive rodents:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3913785

Those North Van 'city slickers' could learn a thing or two from their rural cousins. Deterring the beavers from cutting down trees in riparian areas is as simple as wrapping the lower section of the tree trunks in chicken wire, or better still, stucco wire.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

That's what they do at the Rotary Marsh. :biggrin:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:
Oh god, when it was suggested that there could be a Canada Geese kill and the meat could go to the Gospel Mission people went nuts with all the PC stuff, so maybe not.

I'll never understand that. Why deprive the homeless of good Canada goose?
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3870550/

Beavers are rodents. Long list of human misery caused by rodents.

Beavers most commonly are associated with the spread of:

- Giardiasis
- Tularemia
- Leptospirosis
- Shigella
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3870550/

Beavers are rodents. Long list of human misery caused by rodents.

Beavers most commonly are associated with the spread of:

- Giardiasis
- Tularemia
- Leptospirosis
- Shigella

Those things sound made up. :biggrin:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:Those North Van 'city slickers' could learn a thing or two from their rural cousins. Deterring the beavers from cutting down trees in riparian areas is as simple as wrapping the lower section of the tree trunks in chicken wire, or better still, stucco wire.

Something we've done for years unfortunately. Have to remember not to girdle the tree and to make sure it's about 2 feet higher than the top of snow expected.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Those things sound made up. :biggrin:

leptospirosis is serious. https://www.cdc.gov/leptospirosis/index.html
Dogs can get it drinking from puddles and water from snow runoff.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Queen K wrote:

I'll never understand that. Why deprive the homeless of good Canada goose?

Why indeed. But if I recall right, it was largely frowned upon to suggest that ridding Kelowna's parks of Canada Geese and feeding those at the Gospel Mission could go hand-in-hand.

^^Is anyone here able to recall this controversy?

If anything, all the deer running around Kelowna should be feeding good, organically raised venison to those at the Gospel Mission. Would that not be PC?

And the poor misunderstood beaver, carrier of diseases only if someone gets close to them. I've photographed the resident beaver at the Rotary Marsh without a single problem. :biggrin:

Return to “B.C.”