Oil by rail can be safer

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Oil by rail can be safer

Post by LTD »

you mean those solar panels made of PLASTIC which is made from oil then you store your power in rows upon rows of batteries also made from you guessed it oil very friendly especially when its time to recycle them lol truth is youre not so green after all hypocrite
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:
LTD wrote:when its minus 20 good luck with that

So you've never heard of solar panels either. Interesting. Next you'll be telling me that you've never heard of wind turbines. Here's something I probably haven't told you before: My grandfather in SK used to power his whole household with one windmill. All of his neighbours did, as well. Time to evolve, LTD.

Hate to inform you but, your grandfather was pumping water into a cistern or water tower for cooking and bathing, not generating electricity.
Bring back the LIKE button.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

LTD wrote:you mean those solar panels made of PLASTIC which is made from oil then you store your power in rows upon rows of batteries also made from you guessed it oil very friendly especially when its time to recycle them lol truth is youre not so green after all hypocrite

Lead is made from oil ? Lol interesting can you link us for that hahaha .do you think plastic can only be made from dirty oil ? Again hahaha .

Are you going to tell us that trees made from oil to now ? Hahaha.

Everyone i know uses wood heat hand splits it .metal head wooden handles . No oil needed . But even still plastic can be made from non oil sources so your point means zero
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
Fossil-fools don't know that not everybody heats their homes or cooks with NG. I don't.

You'd have to be an idiot not to us NG for heating your house. A complete idiot. It's so clean-burning and good for the environment! And cheap too!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

most plastic is made from oil and I don't know of a single person that cuts their firewood by hand splitting it yes cutting it no
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
So you've never heard of solar panels either. Interesting. Next you'll be telling me that you've never heard of wind turbines.

Taxpayers world-wide wish they'd never heard of either. Wind and solar are just so awful.

Here's something I probably haven't told you before: My grandfather in SK used to power his whole household with one windmill. All of his neighbours did, as well. Time to evolve, LTD.

I saw farms in Manitoba that powered their houses with a wind-mill too. Back in the 1930's and 1940's. The generators were still on the farmers' properties, just weren't hooked up anymore. Guess what they didn't have in the 1930's and 1940's? Refrigerators, freezers, TV's, washers, dryers, stoves, computers, water heaters. All the generator did was provide some lighting, when/if the wind was blowing. That was it! Everything else in the house - heating of water, heating of the house etc came from burning oil, and before that, wood.

Trying to sell the blarney that someone in this day and age could power a modern house with an old-fangled wind turbine from 1935 is just blatant lying. It's actually sickening that anyone would stoop this low to try and defend such a stupid argument about wind turbines. Just awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
Fossil-fools don't know that not everybody heats their homes or cooks with NG. I don't.

You'd have to be an idiot not to us NG for heating your house. A complete idiot. It's so clean-burning and good for the environment! And cheap too!

pretty sure the hypocrites on here are using natural gas even tho they wont admit it I'm sure they drive cars to they just like telling everyone how how green they are when in reality they no where near green
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 27th, 2017, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 27th, 2017, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 27th, 2017, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 27th, 2017, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Nawww, let's go back to cutting down trees and deforestation like they have to in certain countries.
Desertification for all!

Sorry Cactusflower, he's got a point about NG. I have it in my house and when I'm house hunting I look for the force air heating vents because if I see electric base boards, I'd never go back to that.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Natural gas has zero to do with a pipeline running dilbit in it . Lets get back on topic .queen you have a dilbit pipe running in your yard ?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Anyone care to do the math on how many solar panels would be needed to power base board heaters. I bet you would need a roof full minimum. Heating is a huge power draw. Then there the fridge. Washer ,dryer, lights. Vacuum . Etc

Return to “B.C.”