First Nations left empty-handed

Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: First Nations left empty-handed

Post by Muzza »

Moberly Lake is 2 metres higher than Fort Saint John. If FSJ is not affected at all, I'm not sure how bad Moberly Lake or the river will be impacted. Moberly Lake is also about 80 kms from the dam. There could be some impact up the river, but I would like to know how much.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

Found the answer to my question:

"Site C would flood ... a 10 km length of the Moberly River valley."

Therefore, as Moberly Lake is about 80 kms away, I don't see it as a threat to the Moberly band.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Muzza wrote:Found the answer to my question:

"Site C would flood ... a 10 km length of the Moberly River valley."

Therefore, as Moberly Lake is about 80 kms away, I don't see it as a threat to the Moberly band.

Yes, it's difficult to understand what mj and cf are getting at, and it seems they're unable to provide an explanation.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Old Techie wrote:
For sure it's not on the Peace River, unless someone renamed it Moberly Lake/Moberly River.

Cactusflower wrote:
It would be wise to do a google search of the area before 'assuming' things:
https://www.sitecproject.com/sites/defa ... h_2013.pdf

Old Techie wrote:I did. Did you look at the map in your link?

I don't see Moberly Lake and that's where that band is located.

Cactusflower wrote:You know that the source of the Moberly River is Moberly Lake, and you know that the Moberly River joins the Peace River, and you know that both rivers are going to be impacted by the Site C dam. Why are we even debating this issue?

We're debating the issue because you can't seem to grasp that the band is located on Moberly Lake and that is NOT being impacted by the dam, only the river is, and that somewhat negligibly.

The map in your link indicates affected/possibly affected areas, and there is no Moberly Lake to be seen in that graphic.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
You find it difficult to understand how the flooding of the Moberly River will adversely affect the FN of that region? Seriously?

Just reading the Castanet article in which even Dr. Weaver says that he thinks that the NDP will approve Site C, despite the Greens being against it. I honestly don't know why the Green Party would be against the cheapest, greenest energy on earth, but that is their own issue. For me that is just another reason to never vote Green, they clearly have no principles whatsoever.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Why don't you guys ask the Chief at Moberly Lake how the Site C flooding will impact his people? All your speculation doesn't mean diddly-squat.
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

Why don't you guys ask the Chief at Moberly Lake how the Site C flooding will impact his people? All your speculation doesn't mean diddly-squat.

You are the one who keeps saying they will be adversely affected. I think the onus is on you to get a quote from the chief.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

There is no shortage of links to West Moberly Chief Roland Wilson's interviews regarding how the Site C dam will impact his people. I'll post just one of them, but you'll find many more simply by googling his name.

http://aptnnews.ca/2016/09/20/justice-m ... y-8-chief/
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

https://www.canadianenergylawblog.com/2 ... of-appeal/

Seems like both provincial and federal courts don't agree with the West Moberly or you.
More than likely their just po'ed that they are just a little to far away to get a big payout
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:There is no shortage of links to West Moberly Chief Roland Wilson's interviews regarding how the Site C dam will impact his people.

it really is sad how the anti-Site C enviro-nuts are trying to exploit this band for their own evil agenda. Just truly sick and disgusting.
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Nov 18th, 2017, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I merely stated a fact. No reason for anyone to start foaming at the mouth or gnashing teeth.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Cactusflower wrote:I merely stated a fact.

You also tried to defend the point and we're countered with other facts, like geography and court decisions. No need to foam at the mouth when you lose your point.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Walking Wounded wrote:More than likely their just po'ed that they are just a little to far away to get a big payout

Exactly. Chief is just doing what his band wants him to do and get some loot....

alanjh595 wrote:The Federal Court of Appeal has dismissed a lawsuit from two B.C. First Nations trying to prevent the Site C dam project from going ahead.

Instead of trying to get money for nothing ( great song by the way) why not be part of the solution and look for employment at the site. Might be able to pick up a trade over all the years the dam will be built.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^Well, since only Mike Smyth, Keith Baldrey and their devotees are the only ones who think they know what Horgan's decision will be, perhaps the Chief and his band members should be looking or work in alternative energy projects instead.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Walking Wounded wrote:https://www.canadianenergylawblog.com/2017/02/10/legal-challenges-to-site-c-dam-by-bc-first-nations-dismissed-by-federal-court-of-appeal-and-bc-court-of-appeal/

Seems like both provincial and federal courts don't agree with the West Moberly or you.
More than likely their just po'ed that they are just a little to far away to get a big payout

*removed* .the courts dont rule reserves lol the rule on whitemans actions . But the facts are the courts havent ruled on treatys of lack there of yet . They only ruled on if clawrk made an attept to get a deal . No deal was reached . The treaty court cases are yet to come :130:
Last edited by ferri on Nov 18th, 2017, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting

Return to “B.C.”