Watts losing her watts

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Debates not good for watts

Post by maryjane48 »

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columni ... ship-fight

Looks like the alt rights great hope is unable to talk about her ideas .seems she has none [icon_lol2.gif]
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Watts losing her watts

Post by flamingfingers »

The popular choice for the BC Liberal leadership is not doing too well it appears:

Vaughn Palmer: Waffling Watts under fire in B.C. Liberal party leadership fight

Vaughn PalmerVAUGHN PALMER
Publisnhed on: November 20, 2017 |

NANAIMO — As the campaign for the B.C. Liberal leadership enters its third month, the prime target for the veterans in the field remains party newcomer Dianne Watts, the former mayor of Surrey.

“You talk a lot about a new vision for B.C., but the details of that vision have been fairly limited,” challenged former transportation minister Todd Stone during a leadership debate in Nanaimo on Sunday. “Could you share exactly what this fresh new vision is that you propose?”

“Why thank you very much Todd,” replied Watts, sounding not in the least grateful.

“One of the things that I have always spoken about and I will continue to speak about in terms of going forward with a vision,” she continued in one of her typically vague answers. “One of the things that we can do is really talk about some of the fundamental issues.”

Such as?

“One of the things that we did not do is deal with the opioid crisis. Now we look at people dying in the street and in homes, we look at all of the issues there that need to be dealt with,” she rambled.

So with a dozen or so weeks still to go before Liberals vote Feb. 1-3, the most obvious line of division in the campaign is between the insider candidates versus the outsider Watts.

But after so many lacklustre performances on her part, why do they keep hammering at her? I have to think it is because of her name recognition, combined with her reputed success signing up new members in the South Asian community, plus the prospect that her outsider status is far from a liability with the public.

She may or may not be the front-runner. But some of her opponents are surely treating her like one.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columni ... ship-fight
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Re: Watts losing her watts

Post by Urbane »

There are some strong candidates there, all better than John Horgan, and my personal favourite right now is Andrew Wilkinson.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:There are some strong candidates there, all better than John Horgan, and my personal favourite right now is Andrew Wilkinson.

Of course he is. He's arrogant, egotistical, and dishonest, attributes that a good BC Lib member aspires to. If Ms. Watts was in any other political race, I'd have some sympathy for her, but she hitched her wagon to a bunch of Con/Lib losers, and she deserves the BC Lib leader feeding frenzy.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 21st, 2017, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:
    Of course he is. He's arrogant, egotistical, and dishonest, attributes that a good BC Lib member aspires to. If Ms. Watts was in any other political race, I'd have some sympathy for her, but she hitched her wagon to a bunch of Con/Lib losers, and she deserves the BC Lib leader feeding frenzy.
He's a lawyer and a physician and a very bright guy. You don't like the fact that he's not way over in left field where you are so you insult him. Anyway, now that you've insulted him I like him even more than before:)
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:
He's a lawyer and a physician and a very bright guy. You don't like the fact that he's not way over in left field where you are so you insult him. Anyway, now that you've insulted him I like him even more than before:)

Okey-dokey then.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Urbane wrote:He's a lawyer and a physician and a very bright guy. You don't like the fact that he's not way over in left field where you are so you insult him. Anyway, now that you've insulted him I like him even more than before:)

I agree 100%. Whomever the lunatic fringe doesn't like is someone that must be good in my books. Keep up the good work in helping us pick the next premier of BC lunatic fringe!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I've been wondering how Dianne Watts would cope with all those yappy little BC Lib dogs nipping at her heels if she were to declare in one of their debates that she thought Horgan should cancel the Site C dam project. Since she has a lot riding on the outcome of this leadership race, I'm sure she wouldn't dare make a blunder like that, but in the event that she did, she would just let their phony cries of contempt run off like water off a duck's back and go on to win 'the prize'.

Good luck, Dianne!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:I've been wondering how Dianne Watts would cope with all those yappy little BC Lib dogs nipping at her heels if she were to declare in one of their debates that she thought Horgan should cancel the Site C dam project.

Why would she say such a stupid thing? Are you saying that she would stumble in the parking lot and hit her head before the debate?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Sounds like she has already stumbled in the parking lot and hit her head:

The disaster that is Dianne Watts’ Liberal leadership run. The race is now wide open.

https://twitter.com/garymasonglobe/stat ... 4600538112
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

^^ She's having a rough go and I doubt very much that she'll end up as the leader. The Liberals are blessed with other strong candidates running for the leadership. Andrew Wilkinson and Todd Stone are performing well thus far.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Always wonder why she quit her MP job and eventual pension and jumped into the quagmire of BC politics. Now starting to question the smarts/strategy when Stone and Wilkinson threw their names into the pool.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

seewood wrote:Always wonder why she quit her MP job and eventual pension and jumped into the quagmire of BC politics. Now starting to question the smarts/strategy when Stone and Wilkinson threw their names into the pool.

Stone and Wilkinson? Don't make me laugh. Watts may be proving to be not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but then neither was 'outsider' Christy Clark, and remember what happened back then.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
Stone and Wilkinson? Don't make me laugh. Watts may be proving to be not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but then neither was 'outsider' Christy Clark, and remember what happened back then.

we had the lowest unemployment rate in Canada?

Return to “B.C.”