Bring your containers!

LordEd
Guru

Re: Bring your containers!

Post by LordEd »

http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en/Reusable-Container-Program
Step 2.
The cashier will tare the weight of your clean container. This process is in place so you are not charged for the weight of your container.

Step 3.
Use our scoops to fill your containers with as much or as little as you want. Product scooped into a reusable container is marked for final sale and cannot be reintroduced to our barrels or tubs.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

So let me understand this. All you reusable container folks think that that savings you make outweigh the tent dwelling rasta braided slob that hand samples product right out of the bin risk to public health?
Somehow we have legislated health standards to provide sealed and tamper proof packaging but bulk food bins get a pass?? Never mind accidental influenza or worse, what about some nut bar that decides to drop rat feces or rat poison into the bin?
Sealed and tamper proof containers came into being because of the one in hundred thousand nut bar that tainted Tylenol. And you folks want to promote purchasing edibles from open bins subject to anything?
Thanks but no. The only thing I will buy from a bulk bin will be things like nails or screws. Not food.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

twobits wrote:So let me understand this. All you reusable container folks think that that savings you make outweigh the tent dwelling rasta braided slob that hand samples product right out of the bin risk to public health?
Somehow we have legislated health standards to provide sealed and tamper proof packaging but bulk food bins get a pass?? Never mind accidental influenza or worse, what about some nut bar that decides to drop rat feces or rat poison into the bin?
Sealed and tamper proof containers came into being because of the one in hundred thousand nut bar that tainted Tylenol. And you folks want to promote purchasing edibles from open bins subject to anything?
Thanks but no. The only thing I will buy from a bulk bin will be things like nails or screws. Not food.

Oh come on, I've never seen anything even remotely like anyone handing out food samples right from an open bin.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Queen K wrote:
twobits wrote:So let me understand this. All you reusable container folks think that that savings you make outweigh the tent dwelling rasta braided slob that hand samples product right out of the bin risk to public health?

Oh come on, I've never seen anything even remotely like anyone handing out food samples right from an open bin.

'two bits' Chicken Little fear-mongering is his/her loss, and the bulk food store shoppers' gain.

Return to “B.C.”