Scare tactics aren’t the answer for overdose crisis,

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Scare tactics aren’t the answer for overdose crisis,

Post by Jflem1983 »

Loki2u wrote:
the truth wrote:so peoples tax payers money is supporting and paying for illegal places for people to shot up and do drugs :135: :cuss:

last time i checked it was against the law to do these drugs , so these places are there to make sure these people do not od so they can go on stealing and robbing the locals for there next high, but who cares about that i guess :-X

The center isn't illegal-the drugs are.

Also,it costs the tax payer way more in taxes with repeated trips to the Emergency room for these OD cases as well as the overworked emergency services dealing with these individuals.

It's all about perspective I suppose.

The centre was illegal until trudeau took away the safe communities act. . Now we are doomed
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214319 heads up drug users, drugs kill you have been warned
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-214319-4-.htm#214319 heads up drug users, drugs kill you have been warned

Lol..yes drinking and driving kills :130:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-214319-4-.htm#214319 heads up drug users, drugs kill you have been warned

Thank you for the public warning announcement Truth. They probably won't heed the warning anyways, but at least you tried.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Was super hard to see my good buddies mom at the service. Its the people left behind who suffer
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:

Lol..yes drinking and driving kills :130:

Drinking and driving is a really good comparison. They use all sorts of scare tactics against drunks. Why is it not ok to do the same with junkies

alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The tactic has been used by the pro-lifers for years. I wonder if it works for their cause?
Bring back the LIKE button.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-pilot-project-to-distribute-clean-opioids-to-people-at-high-risk-of-overdose/article37392053/

"Ottawa has approved a pilot project that will allow health officials in B.C. to distribute clean opioids to drug users to use as they please, marking one of the province's most radical efforts to address a fentanyl-saturated drug supply that has killed more than 1,000 people this year."

SNIP

"This is different from supervised injectable opioid assisted treatment, an intensive treatment option currently available on a small scale to a limited amount of people in B.C., Ontario and soon Alberta. Injectable therapy requires a patient to visit a clinic two or three times a day to inject under supervision, does not allow for take-home doses and can cost up to $25,000 per person per year.

In comparison, an 8-milligram hydromorphone pill costs 32 cents – or $700 for two pills three times a day, for a year.

Dr. Tyndall emphasized that this low-barrier initiative is not a clinical response, but a public-health response amid an unprecedented crisis. Its aim is not to treat addiction, but to stop overdose deaths due to toxic street drugs."

Only $700/year per addicted person to supply their opiates!

Compare THAT to the costs of the prohibition program and its spin offs, policing costs, gang violence etc. etc.

Finally a rational approach!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

hobbyguy wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-pilot-project-to-distribute-clean-opioids-to-people-at-high-risk-of-overdose/article37392053/

"Ottawa has approved a pilot project that will allow health officials in B.C. to distribute clean opioids to drug users to use as they please, marking one of the province's most radical efforts to address a fentanyl-saturated drug supply that has killed more than 1,000 people this year."

SNIP

"This is different from supervised injectable opioid assisted treatment, an intensive treatment option currently available on a small scale to a limited amount of people in B.C., Ontario and soon Alberta. Injectable therapy requires a patient to visit a clinic two or three times a day to inject under supervision, does not allow for take-home doses and can cost up to $25,000 per person per year.

In comparison, an 8-milligram hydromorphone pill costs 32 cents – or $700 for two pills three times a day, for a year.

Dr. Tyndall emphasized that this low-barrier initiative is not a clinical response, but a public-health response amid an unprecedented crisis. Its aim is not to treat addiction, but to stop overdose deaths due to toxic street drugs."

Only $700/year per addicted person to supply their opiates!

Compare THAT to the costs of the prohibition program and its spin offs, policing costs, gang violence etc. etc.

Finally a rational approach!

U have got to be kidding. This is gonna be a disaster . This will create addicts.

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The honest truth. There r currently doctors in this town who will give out mercy scrips. I will not name names here.

Everyone ive ever known to have had one. Is currently an addict still and has been for years. Or has died.

Sorry I know one guy who has gotten off opiates who had a mercy scrip. They have been giving them out for ages.

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

No, supplying known addicted persons will NOT create more addiction. Sure will put a dent in the #%##$& dealer's pocket though :biggrin:
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

hobbyguy wrote:No, supplying known addicted persons will NOT create more addiction. Sure will put a dent in the #%##$& dealer's pocket though :biggrin:

No it wont. Read my above post. You cant put out a fire by throwing wood on it. 2 pills a day is not gonna get anyone anything but more addicted. Then they will be back at the dealer.

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

hobbyguy wrote:No, supplying known addicted persons will NOT create more addiction. Sure will put a dent in the #%##$& dealer's pocket though :biggrin:

It has also been shown to reduce crime and the spread of disease while having no effect of increasing use
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ka-El wrote:

It has also been shown to reduce crime and the spread of disease while having no effect of increasing use

2 of the 5 or 6 people ive known who got mercy dope out of doctors. Say 90 pills a month or so.
Are dead

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

All it does is increase the drug supply. Half the time the mercy dope just gets sold at huge profit . It is after all good dope.

Please understand. Im not talking about studies. Im talking about my friends dying. This is an issue that has touched my life way too many times already

Return to “B.C.”