Scare tactics aren’t the answer for overdose crisis,

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Scare tactics aren’t the answer for overdose crisis,

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:do you want to work side by side with someone high on heroin,for example on the oil rigs, roofer, flagger taxi driver ,i can go on and on ,but i think you get my point,

Well lets see flaggrr did die other week .ehst was the cause truth ? Was granny smoking crack ?

I already posted links to work.place injury ..drugs didnt make the list so either you have no clue or willfully lie :smt045
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly,depends on the job, even then
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

the truth wrote:exactly,depends on the job, even then

That is the case for lots of medications.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Name the job other than rock star that a heroin addiction is seen as a plus
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Prestige Mike wrote:

That is the case for lots of medications.

This isnt a health issue. Its a crime issue
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

Jflem1983 wrote:

This isnt a health issue. Its a crime issue

Depends how you view it. My personal experience in this field leads me to believe that heroin addiction is closely tied to emotional and physical trauma. Many addicts are effectively self-medicating. I very much view this as a health issue.

Perhaps a fair comparison is if someone who experienced sexual abuse is having panic attacks. They go to a doctor and are prescribed Benzodiazapines. Benzos can cause drowsiness and confusion, so it is a good idea for them not to be working with heavy machinery, but there are other tasks that they can do.

Now if that person was using heroin instead of Benzos it is not really a different action other than the legal aspect. Both cases a person is using a medication to dampen the feelings related to a trauma they experienced. From my understanding, the right dose for a heroin addict can reduce withdrawal symptoms while still allowing them to function in a workplace environment.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

maryjane48 wrote:
the truth wrote:do you want to work side by side with someone high on heroin,for example on the oil rigs, roofer, flagger taxi driver ,i can go on and on ,but i think you get my point,

Well lets see flaggrr did die other week .ehst was the cause truth ? Was granny smoking crack ?

I already posted links to work.place injury ..drugs didnt make the list so either you have no clue or willfully lie :smt045

Some of the reason drugs dont make the list.

1. No one admits to being on drugs.
2. Very hard to make people take a test .
3. Drug users at least full time commited drug users. Rarely have a job. Can not make enough money at an honest job to support those habits.
4. No company wants drug use as the reason some project went to squat.
5. The only drug that ever shows up in testing is weed. The rest of em u can take a nightvor two off using and u will pass

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

even if i owned a fast food joint, why would i even want a junkie flipping my customers burgers , health reasons come to mind, why would anyone want them even around a hot gill or a deep fryer at over 400 degrees high on heroin, wake up people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The Interior Health Authority says it’s looking to Kamloops in the fight against the opioid overdose crisis.

According to the B.C. Coroners Service, there were 96 overdose deaths in the month of October province-wide, 14 in the interior, and of those numbers, 4 were in Kamloops.

The IHA’s Rae Samson says they are looking at what is working well in Kamloops and applying it to other communities.

“It’s a pretty robust continuum of services right from harm reduction, supervised consumption. We have great access to opiate agonist therapies so really good partnerships with the addictions physicians. We can get people into therapy within a 24-hour period. We have a good program in Royal Inland in the emergency department, so we have 7 days a week now where we can follow people up.

So far this year, the B.C. Coroners Service has reported 37 overdose deaths in Kamloops, while Kelowna has recorded 66.

http://www.radionl.com/2017/12/12/inter ... se-crisis/
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:even if i owned a fast food joint, why would i even want a junkie flipping my customers burgers , health reasons come to mind, why would anyone want them even around a hot gill or a deep fryer at over 400 degrees high on heroin, wake up people

Problem is your concerns dont exist. Go to work safe bc and look for work.place injury causes. Drugs dont make any list
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

the truth wrote:even if i owned a fast food joint, why would i even want a junkie flipping my customers burgers , health reasons come to mind, why would anyone want them even around a hot gill or a deep fryer at over 400 degrees high on heroin, wake up people

It sounds like you have a strong prejudice against people that use drugs. Maybe it is time for you to volunteer at a treatment centre so you can have conversations with people who have this predicament.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Prestige Mike wrote:

It sounds like you have a strong prejudice against people that use drugs. Maybe it is time for you to volunteer at a treatment centre so you can have conversations with people who have this predicament.

Hes chatting with drug users right now. Lol :topic:

This was a good advertisement campaign. Well timed clear message .

For our own government to suggest this is not a good strategy. Is insane.
Keep in mind the government was putting naloxone adds on bus stops in front of KLO middle school

Anything that helps heal our communities i would see as a good thing.

So giving out heroin. No thats really really stupid.

No i have not read the links you posted. I do not care what happened in sweden or vancouver. I see whats happened to my friends.

Thankful many of them are no longer using opiates .

Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

Ahh I see. You have no intention of expanding your knowledge. Well there is no point in discussing this then. Try listening to people's stories and try to understand where they are coming from. You can learn a lot about people that way.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Prestige Mike wrote:Ahh I see. You have no intention of expanding your knowledge. Well there is no point in discussing this then. Try listening to people's stories and try to understand where they are coming from. You can learn a lot about people that way.

So what would I learn? How to steal from a car? How to steal from a house? How to steal from a business? How to steal from a charity? How to blame everyone but myself for my problems? How to not pay everyone back for all the harm I've done to them? Etc.....
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

You support the oil sands which is biggest rape in canadian history :smt045 you have no supperior position :smt045

Return to “B.C.”