Bc has highest cost for childcare

Post by maryjane48 »

https://globalnews.ca/news/3915093/most ... bc-canada/

Since the former govt ignored this issue it will be up to ndp to fix it :smt045
seewood
Guru

Re: Bc has highest cost for childcare

Post by seewood »

maryjane48 wrote:https://globalnews.ca/news/3915093/most ... bc-canada/Since the former govt ignored this issue it will be up to ndp to fix it

OK here's my thinking such as it is... NDG can implement subsidized daycare but the government also has to have a balanced budget I believe. So borrowing to pay for this can't happen. NDG can increase revenues with status quo taxes but increase business and construction volumes...we know that ain't gonna happen, too many studies going on.
They can raise taxes across the board to pay for this but pretty unpopular move when the cost of living in BC is as high as it is, not much room to increase taxes me thinks. If they try, I suspect the shrill from the eco warriors on numerous topics would be drowned out by those that do not have any room to pay more in taxes.
NDG would be a one term , if that, government.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Once again, the above linked article was not read throught to the conclusion before posting, where it says:
The provincial government last week announced $33 million for 3,800 new child care spaces, but the province is still a long way from achieving a universal child care model like the one in Quebec.

The NDP is expected to address the child care crisis in February’s budget.

Which means that the NDP has to form yet another study group before it can address the "child care issue" and then it will have to sit down and talk about it, and then maybe they can come up with a plan.
Currently, they don't have a plan and need to spend more money to best address this issue. Maybe sometime before they are elected out of office they might have an idea, perhaps, possibly, maybe not.
Bring back the LIKE button.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Lol bclibs get their monument to clark equals your taxes going up to make amends to ndp base for the terrible descision .i warned you what was. Coming because of that and its just beginning .johns not even warmed up yet [icon_lol2.gif]
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

maryjane48 wrote:Lol bclibs get their monument to clark equals your taxes going up to make amends to ndp base for the terrible descision

Your proclamations make me laugh [icon_lol2.gif]
Your above statement leads me to believe the ones that voted Liberal will have their taxes go up while the orange and green lot won't and just carry on studying things...

Childcare has so many issues to it, the NDG will have to study it to a point the next ice age will be here first.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

maryjane48 wrote:Lol bclibs get their monument to clark equals your taxes going up to make amends to ndp base for the terrible descision .i warned you what was. Coming because of that and its just beginning .johns not even warmed up yet [icon_lol2.gif]

If the grinning fool listens to you, the next election it will be 0 NDP, 2 Greens, 3 Rhinoceros, 6 Socreds, 14 Conservative, and 52 Liberals.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Interesting how often people complain about a government doing studies.

Do you not think corporations do the same? Have meetings, run reports, study cause/effect. Look at data to make informed decisions before they take actions that could cost millions of dollars?

You’re literally complaining about someone properly doing the job they were elected to.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

The highest cost in Childcare is the Children.........
Not being raised by their parents !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

So one parent should be home full time? Good luck being a couple in their 20s that can afford to start a family on a single parent’s income.

You’re pretty out of touch with the reality of the day.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

What a stupid non-story. Ya, there you see Toronto and Vancouver (and suburbs) at the top of the list. News flash: it's effing expensive to conduct business in Toronto and Vancouver! Do you know what it costs to run space for a daycare in Vancouver? A hell of a lot higher than Kelowna or Kitimat or Keremeos. People also make a lot more money in Vancouver than the KKK cities listed.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Yet still kelowna daycare is so prohibitively expensive that I see people turn down good jobs in favour of part time delivery jobs just so that they don’t have to send their kids to daycare.

What do single parents do?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's probably high, but stating one province is the highest in Canada is a dumb way to point that out. One province will always be the highest even if it's at an affordable rate. I think the solution to single parents is guaranteed universal basic income.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Glacier wrote:What a stupid non-story. Ya, there you see Toronto and Vancouver (and suburbs) at the top of the list. News flash: it's effing expensive to conduct business in Toronto and Vancouver! Do you know what it costs to run space for a daycare in Vancouver? A hell of a lot higher than Kelowna or Kitimat or Keremeos. People also make a lot more money in Vancouver than the KKK cities listed.

Its coming and your whining wont change a thing
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

maryjane48 wrote:Its coming and your whining wont change a thing

What's coming? Expensive daycare?
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Omnitheo wrote:
You’re pretty out of touch with the reality of the day.

Far from it, although we were far past our 20's before we decided to
have our first born.

There is always a way.

It took/takes a fair amount of re-structuring and some ingenuity.

Very doable.

If the kid is gonna be in the way of YOUR life...get a fish and a cat.
They'll entertain each other.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “B.C.”