Ajax rejected

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Ajax rejected

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... -Ajax-mine

More fall out from being forced to allow site c.sad but i called it .theres going to be more choices. Folks backing the dam wont like
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Ajax rejected

Post by alanjh595 »

Where in that article does it even come close to mentioning Site C?
Here is the entire article for everyone's review.

The B.C. government has rejected the deeply controversial KGHM Ajax mine in Kamloops.

The company proposed to build a 1,700-hectare open-pit copper and gold mine about 10 kilometres southwest of the city on the traditional territories of area First Nations.

The environmental assessment office found that “taken as a whole, the potential, and in many cases significant, adverse effects of the Ajax project outweighed the potential benefits.”

A government news release cites 53 residual and cumulative adverse effects to environmental, economic, social, heritage and health values in the area. Additionally, “significant adverse effects” to indigenous land usage was noted.

“Given these conclusions and the close proximity of Ajax to the City of Kamloops, particularly the neighbourhood of Aberdeen, including an elementary school, the ministers concluded the adverse effects would not likely be mitigated to an acceptable level and would therefore present an unacceptable risk,” the news release continues.

The mine was met with fierce opposition from many local residents, including formally by the municipality itself.
Bring back the LIKE button.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

They wont admit it but the fact they put first nations concerns clearly in spot light suggests. It . Clark did the same in regards,to her donors .its called politics
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Tk’emlúps First Nation Chief Fred Seymour says aboriginals have never and will never give up their rights and title to the land.

“Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc leadership is exuberant that the British Columbia government have chosen not to issue an environmental certificate.”

The Secwepemc people commissioned an independent review of the KGHM Ajax proposal with its results prompting First Nations opposition to the project.

:smt045
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I was hoping this mine would get built. Im sure the reasons given for not building are all valid. Still a bit of a let down
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

maryjane48 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/214057/Province-rejects-Ajax-mine

More fall out from being forced to allow site c.sad but i called it .theres going to be more choices. Folks backing the dam wont like
Fake news! Kamloops City Council came out against the Ajax Mine, a group of physicians were working hard to kill the project, and the community was divided. I suspect that the previous Liberal government might well have stopped the project as well. We'll never know but the decision had nothing to do with Site C.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

maryjane48 wrote:More fall out from being forced to allow site c

Nothing whatsoever to do with Site C. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 15th, 2017, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Prove it had nothing to do with it . I said he be doing some tough choices bclibs wont like .
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

At least I'll be able to fish Jacko Lake still! :biggrin:
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

maryjane48 wrote:Tk’emlúps First Nation Chief Fred Seymour says aboriginals have never and will never give up their rights and title to the land.

“Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc leadership is exuberant that the British Columbia government have chosen not to issue an environmental certificate.”

The Secwepemc people commissioned an independent review of the KGHM Ajax proposal with its results prompting First Nations opposition to the project.

:smt045

Another missed opportunity for FN people.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Mining companies have a sordid history in B.C. since 2001. In just one example, Imperial Metals knew they could get away with bypassing environmental assessments by slipping thousands of dollars into the BC Liberal war chest. They were even allowed to re-open the Mt. Polley mine operation without ever taking any responsibility for the environmentally disastrous results of their tailings pond breach. Guess who's paying for that? The BC taxpayers, that's who.

Now Ajax is surprised that the NDP have rejected another mining disaster in the making? Well, boo :cuss: hoo!
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Now Ajax is surprised that the NDP have rejected another mining disaster in the making? Well, boo :cuss: hoo

Rejected another chance to have good tax paying jobs for years, a chance for FN people, a chance for workers to stay at home rather than work away from home, a chance for service business to grow. Good job by the NDP
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The N in NDP stands for NO!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:Mining companies have a sordid history in B.C. since 2001.

LOL - more alarmist nonsense. They have a sordid history since 2001 when BC finally ended the last NDP reign of terror of creating thousands of jobs and generating billions of dollars for the BC economy. That's how this works. The brainless NDP and the lunatic fringe Greens just never get that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yes, GB, agreed. That is how it works. Usually. But the FN asserted themselves. And if they open their own mine, under their own company, and scale it back from the built up areas, maybe it'd be approved and provide jobs? Maybe?

Rwede wrote:The N in NDP stands for NO!

How are you doing with the Site C go-ahead?

GB, Rwede, Ajax mine was simply too close to the public domain, infrastructure, buildings, including schools.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “B.C.”