Ferry review in 2018

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Ferry review in 2018

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Cactusflower wrote:Some men just hate to see women in a position of power.

No kidding. The NDP's constant old boys' club bashing of Christy Clark and what she wore, and the fact she was a single mom, was unrelenting. It's disgusting and yet so prevalent among the old boys at the NDP.

The NDP's "studies" are just a waste of money on NDP insiders looking for any morsel that can be spewed forth in the next election. There's no benefit to the public/taxpayers whatsoever.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

WOW! How low in the barrel does someone have to dig to turn a political issue into a gender issue? That is so sad that that a XX poster is using this as a point of reference.
If a XY poster made the same references, the sjw's and antifa's would be all over him like white on rice. SO LOW! You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking such thoughts and even more ashamed that you posted them in writing on a public forum.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

alanjh595 wrote:WOW! How low in the barrel does someone have to dig to turn a political issue into a gender issue? That is so sad that that a XX poster is using this as a point of reference.
If a XY poster made the same references, the sjw's and antifa's would be all over him like white on rice. SO LOW! You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking such thoughts and even more ashamed that you posted them in writing on a public forum.

I take that response as a personal attack. If I were you, I'd wait to hear HG's reply before setting my hair on fire.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:Okay, maybe what I said regarding women in power was a tad out of line because I do recall you praising Mungall, and despite the fact that she blew it big time on the energy file, I apologize. Also, I wasn't aware that Trevena was one of the 'baker's dozen'. That is definitely a strike against her. But I think you're wrong about the reason she got that ministry. If I recall, she was the one who represented the North Island and went to bat for the residents of Port Hardy and Bella Coola when Stone closed down that ferry service.

But you haven't been able to refute anything else I stated, such as Rich Coleman, Mike deJong, Christy Clark, and all the other BC Liberal ministers who weren't up to the task of handling their various ministries, and I stand by my comments on that.

Actually, you were wrong about several, but then I don't expect you to fact check yourself. Like the fact that Suzanne Anton was indeed a qualified lawyer. Or that fact Todd Stone had management experience. Or that Rich Coleman had a real job before politics unlike so many NDP political "scientists".

Never mind, all that is a side show.

The reality is that Claire Trevena is patently unqualified for the ministry she is running, completely partisan, and is in conflict of interest by taking the stance that residents of pokey little islands should get a guaranteed fare cut.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^As much as you want to make this all about Claire Trevena, it isn't. I did as you suggested and did a little fact checking tonight. What I found was the reason the BC Liberal supporters love to hate Claire Trevena. She was an excellent opposition critic of BCFerries. Read her bio and its obvious that she was a thorn in the side of the previous government because she was able to dig up some very embarrassing (if not downright corrupt) operations in the BC Ferries executive branch.

I also read much of Rich Coleman's bio and there are so many skeletons in his closet that he must have had to build an addition onto it several times. Even as far back as 2004 when his brother Stan was involved with Weyerhauser and Mike deJong was forest minister, there was private land released from management under TFLs against the recommendation of ministry staff. Then again in 2007, when brother Stan was with Western Forest Products, this time involving a tree farm licence. It's all there in the bio. Read it and weep......as if you don't already know about Rich and Mike's sordid past history.

I could find no such skullduggery in Trevena's bio. The fact that she lives on Quadra aIsland has nothing to do with her transportation decisions. She has proven to be a competent politician who has done for her constituents what Rich has done for his family, only she is doing it in a legal and above-board manner.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:Okay, maybe what I said regarding women in power was a tad out of line because I do recall you praising Mungall, and despite the fact that she blew it big time on the energy file, I apologize. Also, I wasn't aware that Trevena was one of the 'baker's dozen'. That is definitely a strike against her. But I think you're wrong about the reason she got that ministry. If I recall, she was the one who represented the North Island and went to bat for the residents of Port Hardy and Bella Coola when Stone closed down that ferry service.

But you haven't been able to refute anything else I stated, such as Rich Coleman, Mike deJong, Christy Clark, and all the other BC Liberal ministers who weren't up to the task of handling their various ministries, and I stand by my comments on that.

As much as the Liberals love to bring up Fast Ferries from 20 years ago, the Liberals have a few skeletons in their closet too. This closure of the route is one prime example. Then when Stone tried to backtrack, it has been one *bleep* after another. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT to say the least.

Basically, they replaced the route with one that can't even handle people with physical mobility issues, and the boat is often empty because the connection doesn't work with the Port Hardy to Prince Rupert run. This often leaves tourists stranded in Bella Bella where there are no places to stay or places to eat. Tourists are mad, and they go home to Germany or Japan, and tell their friends that they should never take this route because it's a 3rd world and totally unreliable. As a result businesses in Bella Coola are hurting big time as the tourists are all gone. Their other main tourist business is shut down because of the ending of the grizzly hunt, and now they can't even guide hunters up to Chilcotin plateau to hunt moose because a new plan is being hatched to ban all non-native hunting of moose in the region.

The new ferry is being delayed yet again. The government sold a perfectly effective and functioning ferry for pennies on the dollar, then waits a year or three. Then decides to spend who knows how many millions to refit another, only to fail to deliver as promised, leaving tourists and Valley residents to figure out what to do for yet another season. Oh, and they aren't even building a new boat from scratch. They're taking an old hull, and wasting millions upon millions rebuilding a boat on top of that.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I’ll take that route next year when it arrives. It’s one of very few I haven’t taken yet. I was worried though when first reading your post as I have a trip from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert coming up in a little over a month.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “B.C.”