Pot activists plead guilty

Pot activists plead guilty

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 18th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Since recreational marijuana becomes legal in a few months time anyway, why are these people being prosecuted and convicted? Oh, silly me.......the government has to get their pound of flesh (revenue from fines) before it's too late.
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/214300 ... ead-guilty
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 611 posts

Re: Pot activists plead guilty

Postby Leifer » Dec 18th, 2017, 12:48 pm

Perhaps the particular laws they broke will still be enforced after the legalization of marijuana?

I am not sure people will see the legal pot panacea they are expecting....when this all shakes out.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Leifer
Board Meister

Liked in: 680 posts

Postby alfred2 » Dec 18th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Since recreational marijuana becomes legal in a few months time anyway, why are these people being prosecuted and convicted? Oh, silly me.......the government has to get their pound of flesh (revenue from fines) before it's too late.

It is still illegal and they broke the law, When it is legal trafficing will be illegal. [icon_lol2.gif]
alfred2
Übergod

Liked in: 828 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 18th, 2017, 3:16 pm

alfred2 wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Since recreational marijuana becomes legal in a few months time anyway, why are these people being prosecuted and convicted? Oh, silly me.......the government has to get their pound of flesh (revenue from fines) before it's too late.

It is still illegal and they broke the law, When it is legal trafficing will be illegal. [icon_lol2.gif]

Isn't 'trafficking' just another word for 'illegally selling? I think you missed the point I was trying to make.
Cactusflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 611 posts

Postby capleton » Dec 18th, 2017, 6:27 pm

It's funny how people on here are against pot but cannot go a day without caffeine, booze, fast food prescription drugs etc, all which are far more harmful then marijuana.

HorganIsMyHero likes this post.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 38 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 18th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Anything exceeding moderation is harmful.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1980 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 18th, 2017, 6:41 pm

capleton wrote:It's funny how people on here are against pot but cannot go a day without caffeine, booze, fast food prescription drugs etc, all which are far more harmful then marijuana.

The whining about being held hostage (actual words used) to pot smoke is what gets me.

maryjane48 likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby JagXKR » Dec 18th, 2017, 6:46 pm

When it becomes legal it will be regulated. What they did will be illegal even then. If they had done the exact same thing with alcohol they would also be charged.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
JagXKR
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 792 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 18th, 2017, 6:49 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
capleton wrote:It's funny how people on here are against pot but cannot go a day without caffeine, booze, fast food prescription drugs etc, all which are far more harmful then marijuana.

The whining about being held hostage (actual words used) to pot smoke is what gets me.

Why does it "get you" Horganismyhero? When people just light up without thought to how others are affected, those who can't just up and move are being "held hostage." My words. I stand by them as the truth. And it's stating facts, not "whining". So get a grip on yourself. I'm merely saying that there will be a lot more people in the same situation and it won't matter where a person moves to once this stuff is legal. The stench will be everywhere.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**

GordonH likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 11900 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 18th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Queen K wrote:Why does it "get you" Horganismyhero? When people just light up without thought to how others are affected, those who can't just up and move are being "held hostage." My words. I stand by them as the truth. And it's stating facts, not "whining". So get a grip on yourself. I'm merely saying that there will be a lot more people in the same situation and it won't matter where a person moves to once this stuff is legal. The stench will be everywhere.

I don't think you know what being held hostage means.

Being offended by a smell and whining about it is the definition of a 1st-world problem and being overly dramatic.

kevingerry78 likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby Queen K » Dec 18th, 2017, 6:55 pm

You have no idea what you're saying about this matter having no investment in anything solid.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 11900 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 18th, 2017, 7:00 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I don't think you know what being held hostage means.

Being offended by a smell and whining about it is the definition of a 1st-world problem and being overly dramatic.

Children with asthma or other breathing issues comes to mind, unlike adults with this issues they have learned what triggers an attack.
Children have not, a asthma attack can hit a child very hard.

I suspect you really don't give a damn, you just want to get high.
Next up: 2018 Memorial Cup, May 17–27, 2018. Teams QJMHL Champions, OHL Champions, WHL Champions & Host Team
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6709 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 18th, 2017, 7:04 pm

GordonH wrote:Children with asthma or other breathing issues comes to mind, unlike adults with this issues they have learned what triggers an attack.
Children have not, a asthma attack can hit a child very hard.

I suspect you really don't give a damn, you just want to get high.

Never used MJ but think what you want. I just think that people who complain they're being held hostage being the recreational activities of others are entitled beyond belief. As for asthma, anyone with this condition has been surviving with cigarette and pot smoke and car exhaust for years so i don't get the point you're making.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby capleton » Dec 18th, 2017, 7:10 pm

The whining about being held hostage (actual words used) to pot smoke is what gets me.[/quote]

Why does it "get you" Horganismyhero? When people just light up without thought to how others are affected, those who can't just up and move are being "held hostage." My words. I stand by them as the truth. And it's stating facts, not "whining". So get a grip on yourself. I'm merely saying that there will be a lot more people in the same situation and it won't matter where a person moves to once this stuff is legal. The stench will be everywhere.[/quote]

Most people aren't as uptight as you though, the only ones who complain about this are puritanical Christian fundamentalists or general crazy people.

2 people like this post.
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 38 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 18th, 2017, 7:14 pm

^^^^

Count me as crazy, then.
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.
Catsumi
Übergod

Liked in: 1423 posts

Next

Return to B.C.