Postby maryjane48 » Dec 20th, 2017, 1:15 pm

http://glbn.ca/6BCg7L

This all because this fool reading a bible .turned him into a sicko
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2669 posts

Re: Trustee should resign

Postby Sparki55 » Dec 20th, 2017, 1:42 pm

So because he read the bible he is now a sicko? Because he doesn't align with your views on teaching kids its ok to take hormone pills before their 10th birthday to be who they really want to be? I see the real sickos and they are the ones pushing for political correctness so far they lose sight of right and wrong.

5 people like this post.
Sparki55
Board Meister

Liked in: 448 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 20th, 2017, 1:57 pm

They can't fire him.
“There’s not a lot under the school act in terms of dealing with individual trustees. There’s no power of dismissal per se for any minister of education except where an offence has been committed.”

Despite pressure from the Chilliwack School Board, Neufeld is refusing to step down or cease speaking out against the curriculum.

Where in that article does it mention anything about the bible?

Where does it say anything about being a "sicko"?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2620 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:06 pm

maryjane48 wrote:http://glbn.ca/6BCg7L

This all because this fool reading a bible .turned him into a sicko

how do you know he doesn't read the Koran? Sounds like a pretty bigoted view you have there.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

3 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15677 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 20th, 2017, 3:15 pm

I read the "Readers Digest" when I am in the Dr.'s waiting room. I suppose that could be considered right wing literature in the eyes of the leftists.
When I was 10 years old, my favorite was the Sears catalog. Maybe that makes me a capitalist?
When I got a little older, I used to like Playboy, of course it was just for the articles..... That could mean that I am a sexist?

Now I just read the opinions of others on C'Net......What does that make me now?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2620 posts

Postby erinmore3775 » Dec 20th, 2017, 5:55 pm

While I support the right of free speech, Ibelieve that the trustee referred to in the article and the contributor have over stepped the boundaries. Both have made derogatory remarks, not based in fact, but based on bias.

Minister Fleming has said " This individual is engaging in more and more dangerous rhetoric that is more and more divisive and I fear undermining the safety and security of students in that district,” said Rob Fleming. But the options the government has are limited, said Fleming, noting that the School Act likely did not foresee an elected official “actively undermining” the ministry."

While criticism is an important part of evaluation of any policy, put downs and flagrant rhetoric should not be.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
erinmore3775
Übergod

Liked in: 1569 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 20th, 2017, 6:19 pm

alanjh595 wrote:Now I just read the opinions of others on C'Net......What does that make me now?

Misinformed for the most part. :D
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 650 Million years with no brain gives hope to many people!

3 people like this post.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 10600 posts

Postby Walking Wounded » Dec 20th, 2017, 7:07 pm

What ever happened to teaching things like math, history, english and science in schools? Isn't that what they are for? The only people responsible for teaching values and morals to my children is me.
A 10 year old doesn't know if they want to be a boy or girl and if anyone gives hormones to help a minor become " the sex they want to be " that person should be thrown in jail.just let kids be kids. When they are adults then it's up to them. Best thing for kids is just love them no matter what and give them a good education.

2 people like this post.
Walking Wounded
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1567 posts

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 20th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Sparki55 wrote:So because he read the bible he is now a sicko? Because he doesn't align with your views on teaching kids its ok to take hormone pills before their 10th birthday to be who they really want to be? I see the real sickos and they are the ones pushing for political correctness so far they lose sight of right and wrong.

Anyone that defends bullys is a sicko and reason they arrive at that abhorrent thoughts is a bible .
If thats the side you want to choose so be it . Defend the sicko all you want
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 21st, 2017, 9:10 am

maryjane48 wrote:Anyone that defends bullys is a sicko and reason they arrive at that abhorrent thoughts is a bible .

and if it was a Koran instead? Then what? Are you still a sicko if you defend him?
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 21st, 2017, 7:35 pm

https://globalnews.ca/news/3930803/chil ... to-resign/

Lost the faith of parents and he should step down :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Postby bob vernon » Dec 22nd, 2017, 11:24 am

It's the Fraser Valley. Home of a few of Canada's most extreme fundamentalist sects. A blend of those who take the Bible in its most literal form, mix in some old unbending European fascist stubborness, add the inevitable racist and cultural mistrust as people from all over the world move in providing someone to blame, and you have the Fraser Valley. Absolutely nuts and full of hate.

2 people like this post.
bob vernon
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1158 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 23rd, 2017, 4:28 pm

bob vernon wrote:It's the Fraser Valley. Home of a few of Canada's most extreme fundamentalist sects. A blend of those who take the Bible in its most literal form, mix in some old unbending European fascist stubborness, add the inevitable racist and cultural mistrust as people from all over the world move in providing someone to blame, and you have the Fraser Valley. Absolutely nuts and full of hate.

you view sounds pretty bigoted to me.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 23rd, 2017, 6:15 pm

This is what this fools rhetoric has produced

https://globalnews.ca/news/3933008/flye ... hilliwack/

Now its escalated to a hate crime

The flyers, which describe transgender people as “an abomination,” were distributed in the neighbourhood of Sardis  sometime between Thursday night and Friday morning, according to one social media user who shared images of them online.

The flyers, which claim to have been produced by the KKK, go on to describe trans people as “freaks” who are “jeopardizing the safety of bathrooms all across the nation for our women and children.”
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Return to B.C.