Free Naloxone Kits....

dle
Lord of the Board

Free Naloxone Kits....

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... 98-3-.htm#

So. How many little vials are in a kit? How many OD's will one kit reverse? Are they allowed to go back to the pharmacy as often as they want to keep their little "great, now I can do opioids whenever I want and I'll never have to quit and best part is the taxpayers are picking up the tab" kit topped up whenever it's empty? How much is it going to cost us to give this handout of free drugs with no commitment from the addicts to go into rehab to stop costing us money?

Fine. Whatever the cost, I want to see a match amount of free drugs given to anyone who is sick then. No one should have to pay another dime to get their medicine if the addicts can get free naloxone. Naloxone keeps them breathing - everyone should be given that same deal. I want to see people with Cystic Fibrosis and other illnesses who aren't junkies get the drugs they need free.

What I want, what I really really want, is to see Mental Health and Addictions Minister Judy Darcy put as much time and effort and money into making sure proper rehabs are built asap and up and running as she has with this idea. Use the money for something other than enabling addiction.
PocoGirl

Re: Free Naloxone Kits....

Post by PocoGirl »

Good questions and valid points for sure imo! It’s beyond me how it’s got to this point. Guessing the officials are scrambling and try anything at taxpayer expense. I saw on the News there’s going to be yet another study by ‘experts’ to perhaps dispense ‘safe’ drugs out of a vending machine... If that happens, wow. Just wow. :-X . :topic:
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Opioid vending machines for addicts?

Post by binky11 »

Really? Just saw this story on the news tonight. All I can say is really?
Are we not suppose to be trying to get them off their drugs? We are just condoning their using and then offering it to them for free? While the chronic pain patients out there who have NEVER abused meds or used street drugs, are being denied their medications, forcing them to the streets and thus making the fentyl over dose and deaths almost triple.
My sister in law, who hasn't taken but maybe a half a dozen Tylenol # 3 in the past ten years, was forced to go to ER last week as she put her back out and couldn't move. They said if she wanted an opioid such as one Tylenol #3, she would have to be admitted. They gave her ONE muscle relaxer and had to watch her swallow that. I guess you have to be a hard core drug addict to get an opioid, freely and free.
I know the fentyl situation is out of control, and they have to do something, but what are thinking of? Pain BC has an article out saying that by making the doctors take their chronic pain patients off their meds that give them any kind of QOL, was maybe a mistake. Ya think? I was just appalled by this news story tonight. Giving them free opioids is not helping them, only hurting those who really need them and have never abused them.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

PocoGirl wrote:Good questions and valid points for sure imo! It’s beyond me how it’s got to this point. Guessing the officials are scrambling and try anything at taxpayer expense. I saw on the News there’s going to be yet another study by ‘experts’ to perhaps dispense ‘safe’ drugs out of a vending machine... If that happens, wow. Just wow. :-X . :topic:

you mean this story https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214664 :200: :cuss: bc health is out of countrol, these over educated losers in charge are completly out of touch with reality
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
PocoGirl

Post by PocoGirl »

the truth wrote:
PocoGirl wrote:Good questions and valid points for sure imo! It’s beyond me how it’s got to this point. Guessing the officials are scrambling and try anything at taxpayer expense. I saw on the News there’s going to be yet another study by ‘experts’ to perhaps dispense ‘safe’ drugs out of a vending machine... If that happens, wow. Just wow. :-X . :topic:

you mean this story https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214664 :200: :cuss: bc health is out of countrol, these over educated losers in charge are completly out of touch with reality

I agree. That said, I have no solution to the ever growing problem but then I’m not a ‘paid expert or official’ in this epidemic spiraling out of control nor have I been personally affected by it to this point. I just see money being thrown at it with the vision of enabling is the best we can try no matter what. Personally, when push comes to shove, I’d like to see the money go towards more treatment and rehab centres. Who knows if this would help but the enabling with consumption RV’s (which are far nicer and cleaner than the IHA workplace I work at!!) other consumption sites, lax laws, no consequences, etc etc etc isn’t working :smt045 Merry Christmas y’all!

Return to “B.C.”