maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Weaver Looking for Action from NDP in Budget

Post by maryjane48 »

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Weaver Looking for Action from NDP in Budget

Post by Cactusflower »

I've always maintained that minority governments work much better for the citizens of any jurisdiction. Majority governments are simply dictatorships, and we have seen far too much evidence of the havoc they've wreaked over time.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote: by Cactusflower » Today, 1:05 pm
I've always maintained that minority governments work much better for the citizens of any jurisdiction.

No problem with that, however this provincial crew thinking they are a government really are for the most part are dumb. If the minority government have a good well thought out, costed platform that offers a balanced budget and promotes good business's, all the power to them.
Improving tax revenue without raising taxes to pay for their social programs would be a good thing. Pet projects being funded without subsidies is a good thing. Pandering to their voter base at the expense of the rest of the province is a bad thing, but they do it anyway...

If they are making nonsense up as they go without thought to ramifications , perhaps a re-think on minority, especially this one, is needed.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

seewood wrote:
Cactusflower wrote: by Cactusflower » Today, 1:05 pm
I've always maintained that minority governments work much better for the citizens of any jurisdiction.

No problem with that, however this provincial crew thinking they are a government really are for the most part are dumb. If the minority government have a good well thought out, costed platform that offers a balanced budget and promotes good business's, all the power to them.
Improving tax revenue without raising taxes to pay for their social programs would be a good thing. Pet projects being funded without subsidies is a good thing. Pandering to their voter base at the expense of the rest of the province is a bad thing, but they do it anyway...

If they are making nonsense up as they go without thought to ramifications , perhaps a re-think on minority, especially this one, is needed.

It would be more prudent to wait until they release their budget in February, don't you think?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote:It would be more prudent to wait until they release their budget in February, don't you think?

Nope, not at all. From what they have demonstrated to date, I really have to question their skill set at governing. Seems not one in cabinet is suitable for their portfolios, so millions are spent to do studies to tell them what to think/do.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^Let's not be too hasty. February is only a little over a month away. We gave the BC Liberals 16 years to balance a budget and they couldn't do it without robbing our Crown corporations blind and selling off much of our valuable real estate at fire-sale prices.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Cactusflower wrote:We gave the BC Liberals 16 years to balance a budget and they couldn't do it without robbing our Crown corporations blind and selling off much of our valuable real estate at fire-sale prices.

Don't believe they really needed to dip into ICBC and Hydro, although they did, as there was a $2.3 billion surplus. I believe Carol Jame's last estimate for the NDG surplus target is $300 mil. Most definitely NOT enough for Horgan's election promises. What surplus's did the lot in the 90's offer? I seem to remember a 77-2 drubbing.
I do hope a vote of non confidence ensues at the budget vote and this lot is tossed. Doubt it will happen though unless a few NDG's are caught up in travel issues.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:^^Let's not be too hasty. February is only a little over a month away. We gave the BC Liberals 16 years to balance a budget and they couldn't do it without robbing our Crown corporations blind and selling off much of our valuable real estate at fire-sale prices.

Oh give it a rest already. The NDP began the practice of robbing our crown corporations to balance the budget, only difference being they still wound up with deficit budgets regularly.

Just an inconvenient reminder for you!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

What the NDP took from ICBC is a pittance compared to what the ( life sucking from the middle class ) Liberals took from ICBC and BC Hydro. They left ICBC broke and BC Hydro in shambles.
Just a reminder.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

seewood wrote:No problem with that, however this provincial crew thinking they are a government really are for the most part are dumb. If the minority government have a good well thought out, costed platform that offers a balanced budget and promotes good business's, all the power to them.

sounds to me like you are talking about the liberals. pet projects, check, pandering to their voter base, check.

The liberals managed to balance the budget and drive the province further into debt at the same time. The Liberals claimed to deliver balanced budgets while driving bc $72 billion further into debt in the last six years alone.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

butcher99 wrote: sounds to me like you are talking about the liberals. pet projects, check, pandering to their voter base, check.

The liberals managed to balance the budget and drive the province further into debt at the same time. The Liberals claimed to deliver balanced budgets while driving bc $72 billion further into debt in the last six years alone.

Where are the links to substantiate your opinion? You seem awfully biased. I don't believe you, and challenge you to provide the proof to back-up your claim. Real facts, from real sources, please.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

butcher99 wrote:
seewood wrote:No problem with that, however this provincial crew thinking they are a government really are for the most part are dumb. If the minority government have a good well thought out, costed platform that offers a balanced budget and promotes good business's, all the power to them.

sounds to me like you are talking about the liberals. pet projects, check, pandering to their voter base, check.

Plus another $10 -$12 billion for a dam nobody but the ICBA needs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:

Nobody but the EIBC needs. EIBC stands for "Everyone in British Columbia".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Nobody but the EIBC needs. EIBC stands for "Everyone in British Columbia".

Well not "everybody" given the clueless solartards are convinced it's not needed.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

maryjane48 wrote:https://thetyee.ca/News/2017/12/21/Year-End-Weaver-NDP-Budget/

I guess we will find out

Oooh another article from the fringe tyee. Worst rag on the planet and a disgrace for BC.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

Return to “B.C.”