47116

Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 29th, 2017, 2:26 pm

The Keystone Pipeline System is an oil pipeline system in Canada and the United States, commissioned in 2010 and now owned solely by TransCanada Corporation. It runs from the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin in Alberta to refineries in Illinois and Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline


What does this have to do with the topic of; Dilbit spill could hurt salmon??

How many Salmon are there between Texas and Alberta?
User avatar
alanjh595
Übergod
 
Posts: 1550
Likes: 527 posts
Liked in: 1012 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 29th, 2017, 4:13 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
The Keystone Pipeline System is an oil pipeline system in Canada and the United States, commissioned in 2010 and now owned solely by TransCanada Corporation. It runs from the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin in Alberta to refineries in Illinois and Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Pipeline


What does this have to do with the topic of; Dilbit spill could hurt salmon??

How many Salmon are there between Texas and Alberta?


Try again. Nobody said anything about salmon in Alberta or Texas. We were discussing the KM/TM pipeline expansion, which will cross salmon-bearing streams. Otherwise why would KM start laying down that orange fencing to stop salmon from spawning where they think the pipeline's going to go?

I merely pointed out that 'Big Oil' has been trying to build pipelines from the 'oil' sands in AB to the coast.......ANY coast. They have failed miserably with Energy East and Keystone XL. They also failed to get one going north (probably before your time). So they're desperate to get one to the Pacific, and that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1784
Likes: 793 posts
Liked in: 403 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 29th, 2017, 4:22 pm

There is sure a lot of speculation and suppositions that have no basis of fact or evidence to support them.

Maybe, perhaps, or possibly, someday, there might be a Salmon in Texas. BUT as far as I know, they smoke them and eat them and the come from the Atlantic Ocean or a fish farm in BC for the really good stuff.
User avatar
alanjh595
Übergod
 
Posts: 1550
Likes: 527 posts
Liked in: 1012 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 29th, 2017, 7:02 pm

alanjh595 wrote:There is sure a lot of speculation and suppositions that have no basis of fact or evidence to support them.

Maybe, perhaps, or possibly, someday, there might be a Salmon in Texas. BUT as far as I know, they smoke them and eat them and the come from the Atlantic Ocean or a fish farm in BC for the really good stuff.


Wrong again. Most of them come to B.C. to catch wild salmon. They smuggle food and booze over the border so they don't have to buy anything while they're here. They either stay long enough to smoke and/or can their catch, or get the locals to freeze it for them, then fly home. If there are any who buy farmed Atlantic salmon to smoke, you can always tell who they are by who they vote for. They're the ones who vote for Trump's Tea Party.

Now, :topic:
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1784
Likes: 793 posts
Liked in: 403 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby LordEd » Dec 29th, 2017, 7:30 pm

Cactusflower wrote:[
Wrong again. Most of them come to B.C. to catch wild salmon. They smuggle food and booze over the border so they don't have to buy anything while they're here. They either stay long enough to smoke and/or can their catch, or get the locals to freeze it for them, then fly home.

Hasty generalization. Please support the statements, in particular the one where 'most of them' smuggle booze and food to avoid spending money locally.

What port of entry is not inspecting them? Which customs office?

2 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3467
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1958 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby LordEd » Dec 29th, 2017, 7:32 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 30th, 2017, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3467
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1958 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 29th, 2017, 8:38 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 30th, 2017, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1784
Likes: 793 posts
Liked in: 403 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby LordEd » Dec 30th, 2017, 8:33 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 30th, 2017, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3467
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 1958 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 30th, 2017, 10:35 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 30th, 2017, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1784
Likes: 793 posts
Liked in: 403 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 30th, 2017, 10:48 am

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 30th, 2017, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24943
Likes: 9899 posts
Liked in: 12122 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby twobits » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:08 pm

maryjane48 wrote:Heres what vancouver aquarium dr had to say

Dr. Martin Helina, of the Vancouver Aquarium, said [b]there could be[/b] long-term toxic effects on any exposed animals.

"They [toxins] hurt the liver, [b]might[/b] infect the lungs, might[/b] hurt red blood cells, [b]might affect reproduction many, many years down the line," he said.


Well done MJ. Seems like a whole lot of "mights" and "could be's" which means to me to be nothing but speculation without any science backup.

Dr Twobits said there might be and could be brain addled comments made by consumers of weed and alcohol in excess.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
twobits
Guru
 
Posts: 6008
Likes: 512 posts
Liked in: 2298 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 8:44 am
Location: GPS says Dead Elbow Utah. Think I'm lost

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Yesterday, 9:51 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/oil-tanker ... -1.4487656
I suppose the supporters of dilbit export think this couldn't happen in B.C.'s coastal waters. Think again. This accident, as with all others in history, was caused by human error. All the arguments that contain phrases like 'double-hulled vessels' sound pretty lame when hearing about a tragedy such as this one.
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1784
Likes: 793 posts
Liked in: 403 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby hobbyguy » Yesterday, 10:55 am

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/oil-tanker-fire-sunk-oil-slick-east-china-sea-1.4487656
I suppose the supporters of dilbit export think this couldn't happen in B.C.'s coastal waters. Think again. This accident, as with all others in history, was caused by human error. All the arguments that contain phrases like 'double-hulled vessels' sound pretty lame when hearing about a tragedy such as this one.


You do realize that was an Iranian tanker carrying condensate? Not dilbit.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 6966
Likes: 1775 posts
Liked in: 6160 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Yesterday, 11:42 am

hobbyguy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/oil-tanker-fire-sunk-oil-slick-east-china-sea-1.4487656
I suppose the supporters of dilbit export think this couldn't happen in B.C.'s coastal waters. Think again. This accident, as with all others in history, was caused by human error. All the arguments that contain phrases like 'double-hulled vessels' sound pretty lame when hearing about a tragedy such as this one.


You do realize that was an Iranian tanker carrying condensate? Not dilbit.


Read it and weep. Splitting hairs doesn't make for a good argument:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbit
Cactusflower
Übergod
 
Posts: 1784
Likes: 793 posts
Liked in: 403 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Fancy » Yesterday, 11:46 am

It was carrying
an ultra-light, highly flammable crude oil
.
Last edited by Fancy on Jan 15th, 2018, 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

alanjh595 likes this post.
User avatar
Fancy
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 43804
Likes: 1015 posts
Liked in: 5194 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests