Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 28th, 2017, 10:46 am

^^This link is just one of many to the SK river spill last summer. There's another link to polluted drinking water from the same spill. I'll post it when you've had time to read this one:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-ne ... -oil-spill
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4139
Likes: 1957 posts
Liked in: 824 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby LordEd » Dec 28th, 2017, 11:12 am

Great its a link. No commentary?
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to be punished for it. (User profile -> Search user’s posts)
https://xkcd.com/1357/
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3789
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2350 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 28th, 2017, 11:19 am

LordEd wrote:Great its a link. No commentary?


What. is. your. problem?
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4139
Likes: 1957 posts
Liked in: 824 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 28th, 2017, 11:27 am

Here's the link to how dilbit spills in rivers are not only devastating to birds, fish, and other wildlife, but to humans as well:
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/0 ... -oil-spill
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4139
Likes: 1957 posts
Liked in: 824 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby LordEd » Dec 28th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
LordEd wrote:Great its a link. No commentary?


What. is. your. problem?

Nothing at all. Carry on. Flood as many links as you like with nothing to attach them to.
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to be punished for it. (User profile -> Search user’s posts)
https://xkcd.com/1357/

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3789
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2350 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby LordEd » Dec 28th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Here's the link to how dilbit spills in rivers are not only devastating to birds, fish, and other wildlife, but to humans as well:
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/0 ... -oil-spill
Is it?
A First Nations community in Saskatchewan is feeling abandoned with poisoned waters in the wake of a major pipeline spill that has leaked massive amounts of oil and other toxins onto its territory.

The devastating impacts that the James Smith Cree Nation observed this week on wildlife, nearly 300 kilometres away from the source of a Husky Energy pipeline spill, are coming to light as the Calgary-based oil company dismissed allegations that it hired an industry-friendly consulting firm to assist with water testing in order to downplay the disaster.
The article seems to be more about a conflict between Husky Energy and first nations related to cleanup efforts and response times.

I'm sure you'll quote the relevant portions you think are important eventually.
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend your right to be punished for it. (User profile -> Search user’s posts)
https://xkcd.com/1357/

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3789
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 2350 posts
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 8:22 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 28th, 2017, 1:56 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 28th, 2017, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4139
Likes: 1957 posts
Liked in: 824 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 28th, 2017, 2:11 pm

And the natives were paid if full.
https://globalnews.ca/news/2979752/husk ... oil-spill/
Every fish has a price.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 6826
Likes: 2588 posts
Liked in: 3645 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 28th, 2017, 2:59 pm

maryjane48 wrote:What you call fear mongering the folks in burnaby call reality


no, not really.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29343
Likes: 12847 posts
Liked in: 17348 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 28th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
You know very well what my argument is, but I'll spell it out for you again. Dilbit spills from pipelines all over North America have been killing wildlife and making people seriously ill for years,


^^^^This is fear mongering nonsense.

but rabid right-wing supporters don't care and, like ostriches, bury their heads in the (oil) sands rather than read about any of it.


And this just makes me not want to even listen to you, even if I didn't already know that all the NDP lovers here do is lie, about basically everything.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29343
Likes: 12847 posts
Liked in: 17348 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 28th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Cactusflower wrote:Here's the link to how dilbit spills in rivers are not only devastating to birds, fish, and other wildlife, but to humans as well:
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/0 ... -oil-spill


I'm not asking you to listen to me, GB. All I'm asking you to do is read the reports in many different publications. Google is your friend.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4139
Likes: 1957 posts
Liked in: 824 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 28th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Cactusflower wrote:^^This link is just one of many to the SK river spill last summer. There's another link to polluted drinking water from the same spill. I'll post it when you've had time to read this one:
http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-ne ... -oil-spill


Here's another one you missed, GB.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4139
Likes: 1957 posts
Liked in: 824 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 28th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Cactusflower wrote:
I'm not asking you to listen to me, GB. All I'm asking you to do is read the reports in many different publications. Google is your friend.


I honestly don't get your point, at all. It just seems so mind-numbingly stupid to be against pipelines, it defies all logic and reason.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29343
Likes: 12847 posts
Liked in: 17348 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Ka-El » Dec 28th, 2017, 4:42 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote: It just seems so mind-numbingly stupid to be against pipelines, it defies all logic and reason.

Especially if you think you are against them to protect wildlife or the environment.
What did Forrest Gump say, "Stupid is as stupid does."? I think dimples has a new campaign slogan.
User avatar
Ka-El
Guru
 
Posts: 6023
Likes: 3187 posts
Liked in: 5449 posts
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 8:19 am

Re: Dilbit spill could hurt salmon

Postby Cactusflower » Dec 28th, 2017, 5:43 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:
I'm not asking you to listen to me, GB. All I'm asking you to do is read the reports in many different publications. Google is your friend.


I honestly don't get your point, at all. It just seems so mind-numbingly stupid to be against pipelines, it defies all logic and reason.


The reason you don't get my point is because you refuse to read the links I provided. Maybe you should try googling 'wildlife killed by oil spills in rivers' and click on the links you prefer. Eventually you're going to have to admit the inconvenient truth that only a few die-hard 'oil' sands promoters refuse to acknowledge.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4139
Likes: 1957 posts
Liked in: 824 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest