BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

LordEd
Guru

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Post by LordEd »

Verum wrote:Yes, you posted numbers hopelessly out of date where 3 of the top 6 supporting ridings had switched. I stopped looking after that.

Point to you then. I just didn't like the original quip so grabbed the first demographic article I found.

Did the ridings change by large percentages or just enough to change the color?
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Old Techie wrote:
flamingfingers wrote:
To the average BC Liberal supporter/voter, she was their intellectual and educated superior.

Great news, you have dumb and dumber agreeing with you.

Pity the real world facts, and economic statistics dating back to the NDP's last kick at the can, don't support your slant against liberals.

BTW if your side is so intellectually superior, how on earth have they managed to lose at the polls year after year, including this one? :biggrin:

I mean if liberals are so dumb, they should be a breeze to knock out of the way, but that's not the case now is it. [icon_lol2.gif]

Actually, it is. In the last session of the Ledge, they were sitting on the opposition side of the House. A person would have to be deaf, blind, AND dumb not to know that.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:In case anyone hasn't noticed , I have decided to post in the same style as the scum Lieberal supporters here on the forums. Ad Hominem attacks and name calling seem to be the norm here. Unlike them though , my posts might accidentally contain some verifiable facts.

Nothing like demonstrating a healthy dose of humility .......................errrrr wait a minute .......... make that hypocrisy.

"Verifiable facts", LMAO when did you learn to identify those? Guess that's why you tossed the "might" in there, which is about as likely as someone within the NDP actually signing up for a math class.

It's kind of an oxymoron to brag about posting verifiable facts, when you just finished stating the NDP won the election.

Might want to brush up on how to find facts from places that actually deal in truth, as opposed to your NDP moron go to fiction writers, like The Tyee and Desmog as but a couple of examples.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:Actually, it is. In the last session of the Ledge, they were sitting on the opposition side of the House. A person would have to be deaf, blind, AND dumb not to know that.

Speaking from a lifetime of experience no doubt.

Some day you might even come to grasp what the definition of winning an election actually is. Here's hoping!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote:
gordon_as wrote:In case anyone hasn't noticed , I have decided to post in the same style as the scum Lieberal supporters here on the forums. Ad Hominem attacks and name calling seem to be the norm here. Unlike them though , my posts might accidentally contain some verifiable facts.

Nothing like demonstrating a healthy dose of humility .......................errrrr wait a minute .......... make that hypocrisy.

I've adopted your style.
"Verifiable facts", LMAO when did you learn to identify those? Guess that's why you tossed the "might" in there, which is about as likely as someone within the NDP actually signing up for a math class.

I've been going over your recent posts looking for anything of substance , or facts. Will let you know when (if) I find anything like that.
It's kind of an oxymoron to brag about posting verifiable facts, when you just finished stating the NDP won the election.

Please link back to that statement. Once again , as usual , you are wrong.

Might want to brush up on how to find facts from places that actually deal in truth.........

you mean like Elections BC ?
............, as opposed to your NDP moron go to fiction writers, like The Tyee and Desmog as but a couple of examples.

Good job verifying that the content of your average post is...... , exactly as I said they are.
I actually love your posts. Watching someone bask in their own ignorance is quite entertaining to me.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Old Techie wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Actually, it is. In the last session of the Ledge, they were sitting on the opposition side of the House. A person would have to be deaf, blind, AND dumb not to know that.

Speaking from a lifetime of experience no doubt.

Some day you might even come to grasp what the definition of winning an election actually is. Here's hoping!

Winning an election is when your party becomes the governing party. That's what it always has and always will mean.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:
    Winning an election is when your party becomes the governing party. That's what it always has and always will mean.
And in fact the Liberals had a cabinet in place after they won the election. The government was short-lived because Andrew Weaver struck a deal with the party that finished second. Even Weaver has reminded the NDP that they didn't win the election. What a silly thing to be discussing. Rather than arguing about something that has been settled, i.e. the Liberals won the election but then lost power due to the deal between the NDP and Weaver, why not get back on topic?
:topic:
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

gordon_as wrote:
Old Techie wrote:

Please link back to that statement. Once again , as usual , you are wrong.

Still waiting , prove that you are not wrong.

You can use the quote button to show my post , it's easy. Even those of lower IQ , like yourself , could learn how.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Winning an election is when the voters have cast their ballots and chosen the winning party. In the case of the last election, the voters chose the liberals to govern, although just one seat short of a majority.

The NDP were "appointed" by the Lt.Gov., and not by the people of this province.

I think even the dumbest of people could see the difference here .
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

gordon_as wrote:You can use the quote button to show my post , it's easy. Even those of lower IQ , like yourself , could learn how.

Good enough?

gordon_as wrote:Mr. Horgan was indeed elected , and now he is the premier.

He was not elected in the actual election.

In the 2017 provincial election held on May 9, 2017, Premier Christy Clark's Liberal government was reduced to 43 seats, one seat short of a majority. On May 29, 2017, it was announced that the NDP and Green Party of British Columbia had reached an agreement in which the Greens would support an NDP minority government.[7] Clark recalled the legislature in the coming weeks to seek its confidence in a Liberal government. Following a non-confidence motion on June 29, 2017, which was won by the NDP–Green alliance (44–42), Lieutenant Governor Judith Guichon turned down Clark's request for a snap election, and invited the NDP to form a minority government, subsequently Horgan succeeded Clark as the 36th Premier of British Columbia.
Wikipedia
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Urbane wrote:[
the Liberals won the election but then lost power due to the deal between the NDP and Weaver

The Liberals did not win a majority. The NDP and Greens formed the government which you seem to think is illegitimate. Had the Greens chosen evil over good , and sided with the Liberals , you would have had absolutely no problem with that.
I think it's time you guys quit crying , and put a cork in the bottle. You are gonna need to save some for after the next election.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No one was arguing about the Liberals winning a majority as everyone knows they didn't. But they did win the election contrary to your belief.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Fancy wrote:
gordon_as wrote:You can use the quote button to show my post , it's easy. Even those of lower IQ , like yourself , could learn how.

Good enough?

gordon_as wrote:Mr. Horgan was indeed elected , and now he is the premier.

He was not elected in the actual election.

In the 2017 provincial election held on May 9, 2017, Premier Christy Clark's Liberal government was reduced to 43 seats, one seat short of a majority. On May 29, 2017, it was announced that the NDP and Green Party of British Columbia had reached an agreement in which the Greens would support an NDP minority government.[7] Clark recalled the legislature in the coming weeks to seek its confidence in a Liberal government. Following a non-confidence motion on June 29, 2017, which was won by the NDP–Green alliance (44–42), Lieutenant Governor Judith Guichon turned down Clark's request for a snap election, and invited the NDP to form a minority government, subsequently Horgan succeeded Clark as the 36th Premier of British Columbia.
Wikipedia

John Horgan WAS elected , and received more than DOUBLE the amount of Votes that his opponent did.
"the actual election"

I wasn't aware there was more than 1
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

gordon_as wrote:John Horgan was elected ,

lol - no he wasn't. Clark was. I watched the results. Then this happened:
Lt.-Gov. Judith Guichon issued a statement, following a meeting with Horgan, confirming that she asked him to form a government and will accept Clark’s resignation.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local ... 1.20839483

You probably are thinking the word "selected" as clearly he didn't win the election.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

gordon_as wrote:Please link back to that statement. Once again , as usual , you are wrong.

Why would you deny saying Horgan was elected to start with?

Return to “B.C.”