BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Glacier wrote:I agree 100%. 1 in 5 NDPers are KKK racists. That's why the federal NDP is going to take huge hit with Singh as leader.
You might be on to something there because 2001 was the one election where much of the NDP core vote went elsewhere.

Racism runs rampant across all parties in B.C. If it didn't, Lee would have been the leader of the BC SCRAP today.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Cactusflower wrote:Racism runs rampant across all parties in B.C. If it didn't, Lee would have been the leader of the BC SCRAP today.

Yes, because if you don't think the person of colour is the best candidate with the best ideas, you're a racist. You're also a sexist if you don't think the same of the womanperson candidate. So either you're a racist or a sexist unless you vote for a non-white woman whose gay, crippled handicapped, and Muslim.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Glacier wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Racism runs rampant across all parties in B.C. If it didn't, Lee would have been the leader of the BC SCRAP today.

Yes, because if you don't think the person of colour is the best candidate with the best ideas, you're a racist. You're also a sexist if you don't think the same of the womanperson candidate. So either you're a racist or a sexist unless you vote for a non-white woman whose gay, crippled handicapped, and Muslim.

Your words, not mine.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 6th, 2018, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 6th, 2018, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Except for the ridiculous insults from some NDP'ers on here I've heard nothing bad about Andrew Wilkinson on a personal level at all. He seems like a genuinely decent person. Here's an excerpt and a link to a column with more info and some advice from the author:

In Andrew Wilkinson, the B.C. Liberal Party has elected a very smart person to lead them through very interesting times. He doesn’t need my advice, but if he did, this is what I’d tell him:

Be yourself. Because it’s a strength. Late in the campaign, Wilkinson’s team focused on his integrity – and it worked, mostly because it’s true. Start with the elephant in the room; no discussion of political leaders happens without the #metoo movement – and, more quietly, workplace bullying.

On both fronts, Wilkinson is zero risk – and not just because he’s a decent man. His staff adore him, because he’s reasonable, treats them well, and is easy to get along with. Not enough of his colleagues on either side of the aisle can say the same thing.
http://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/co ... 1.23165178
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:Except for the ridiculous insults from some NDP'ers on here I've heard nothing bad about Andrew Wilkinson on a personal level at all. He seems like a genuinely decent person. Here's an excerpt and a link to a column with more info and some advice from the author:

In Andrew Wilkinson, the B.C. Liberal Party has elected a very smart person to lead them through very interesting times. He doesn’t need my advice, but if he did, this is what I’d tell him:

Be yourself. Because it’s a strength. Late in the campaign, Wilkinson’s team focused on his integrity – and it worked, mostly because it’s true. Start with the elephant in the room; no discussion of political leaders happens without the #metoo movement – and, more quietly, workplace bullying.

On both fronts, Wilkinson is zero risk – and not just because he’s a decent man. His staff adore him, because he’s reasonable, treats them well, and is easy to get along with. Not enough of his colleagues on either side of the aisle can say the same thing.

The last line in this opinion piece says it all. Good grief.......comparing Christy Clark to JFK? I shouldn't have had that piece of Apple Strudel for dessert. I'm sure it's not going to taste as good coming up as it did going down.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Urbane wrote:Except for the ridiculous insults from some NDP'ers on here I've heard nothing bad about Andrew Wilkinson on a personal level at all. He seems like a genuinely decent person. Here's an excerpt and a link to a column with more info and some advice from the author:

Both times I spoke with Mr Wilkinson, I found him to be engaging, interested in what I was saying, and he asked for clarification from me about things others had told him on the subject. He's a friendly guy. He's going to bring the bully in Horgan to light as the contrast in their personalities comes through - bullies don't do well in today's society, John.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:The last line in this opinion piece says it all. Good grief.......comparing Christy Clark to JFK? I shouldn't have had that piece of Apple Strudel for dessert. I'm sure it's not going to taste as good coming up as it did going down.
Why do you keep making things up?? Here is the last line of the opinion piece:

With the legislature sitting next week and the referendum looming, Wilkinson won’t get to enjoy much of honeymoon. I have every confidence he’s not only up to the challenge, but – crucially – understands it.

Perhaps you're referring to an earlier reference to JFK. He didn't "compare" JFK with Christy Clark at all. Since you totally misrepresented what the author actually said, here it is:

Clark had an uncanny genius for soundbites, and presenting ideas in digestible, newsclip format. That the NDP tried to portray that as a flaw demonstrates how far behind they were – after all, Nixon’s people said the same thing about Kennedy, for the same reason.

As everyone can now see the author was talking about the use of soundbites and NOT comparing JFK with Christie Clark. It's an excellent opinion piece and worth a read.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
The last line in this opinion piece says it all. Good grief.......comparing Christy Clark to JFK? I shouldn't have had that piece of Apple Strudel for dessert. I'm sure it's not going to taste as good coming up as it did going down.

that is a good point. As far as I know, Christy Clark didn't try overthrow the government of Cuba, or almost start a nuclear war with Russia, or involve BC in a ground war in Vietnam, or have an affair with Marilyn Monroe. Christy Clark, you are no Jack Kennedy!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Both times I spoke with Mr Wilkinson, I found him to be engaging, interested in what I was saying, and he asked for clarification from me about things others had told him on the subject. He's a friendly guy. He's going to bring the bully in Horgan to light as the contrast in their personalities comes through - bullies don't do well in today's society, John.
I have a former student who lives on the Lower Mainland and he's met Wilkinson many times. He has nothing but good things to say about the guy. He texted me on Saturday night to say that he was thrilled with the result, that the party had just chosen the right leader. You and he present the exact opposite picture of Wilkinson that we're getting from NDP'ers on here and I believe you and my former student!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Urbane wrote:Why do you keep making things up??

Urbane, I hope this question was rhetorical. As it has answered itself over and over again.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote:that is a good point. As far as I know, Christy Clark didn't try overthrow the government of Cuba, or almost start a nuclear war with Russia, or involve BC in a ground war in Vietnam, or have an affair with Marilyn Monroe. Christy Clark, you are no Jack Kennedy!

In contrast, NDP MLA Jagrup Brar said that Cuba is an absolutely awesome place with an absolutely wonderful communist dictator named Fidel. Trudeau likes Fidel, too (Daddy!).
Last edited by Gone_Fishin on Feb 6th, 2018, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    Cactusflower wrote:The last line in this opinion piece says it all. Good grief.......comparing Christy Clark to JFK? I shouldn't have had that piece of Apple Strudel for dessert. I'm sure it's not going to taste as good coming up as it did going down.
Why do you keep making things up?? Here is the last line of the opinion piece:

With the legislature sitting next week and the referendum looming, Wilkinson won’t get to enjoy much of honeymoon. I have every confidence he’s not only up to the challenge, but – crucially – understands it.

Perhaps you're referring to an earlier reference to JFK. He didn't "compare" JFK with Christy Clark at all. Since you totally misrepresented what the author actually said, here it is:

Clark had an uncanny genius for soundbites, and presenting ideas in digestible, newsclip format. That the NDP tried to portray that as a flaw demonstrates how far behind they were – after all, Nixon’s people said the same thing about Kennedy, for the same reason.

As everyone can now see the author was talking about the use of soundbites and NOT comparing JFK with Christie Clark. It's an excellent opinion piece and worth a read.

I did read it, and the last line read, "McLean Kay was Premier Christy Clark's speechwriter for five years." That's what I was referencing.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Urbane wrote:I have a former student who lives on the Lower Mainland and he's met Wilkinson many times. He has nothing but good things to say about the guy. He texted me on Saturday night to say that he was thrilled with the result, that the party had just chosen the right leader. You and he present the exact opposite picture of Wilkinson that we're getting from NDP'ers on here and I believe you and my former student!

I wonder what the motivation is here by the NDP'ers to lie so much Urbane. My only guess is that their diapers are getting crapped right now, as they are seeing Wilky moving into the premier's chair for a long long time, and back they go to their traditional spots, screaming NO!!! to everything and making up fake "scandals" and talking about crotch shots.

Return to “B.C.”