BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 5th, 2018, 10:53 am

rustled wrote:
Wait, I get it. I've somehow stepped into the Argument Clinic! [icon_lol2.gif]

I'll leave you to it. Thread's pretty done, anyway.


No, you've stepped into an argument with children, bent on finding any way to discredit the Liberals. Which is fine, however, they are just preaching to their own disciples at this point. Premier Wilky, nice ring to it!
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29016
Likes: 12597 posts
Liked in: 16996 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Queen K » Feb 5th, 2018, 10:58 am

The thread was done the moment Wilkinson got the leadership role. :biggrin:
Could it be that a whole life can shift the day one starts telling the truth about what makes one happy?
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 53842
Likes: 12623 posts
Liked in: 13310 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:02 am

I think this bears repeating:
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... how-change
As usual, Vaughn Palmer nails it.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3852
Likes: 1856 posts
Liked in: 797 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:10 am

Cactusflower wrote:I think this bears repeating:
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... how-change
As usual, Vaughn Palmer nails it.


LOL - "as usual Vaughn Palmer nails it" - hilarious. I was told over and over again by brainwashed NDP zombies that he was a BC Liberal shill for his poignant comments about the disgusting NDP, and now he is "nailing it". I wonder how long he will continue to "nail it" when he once again starts pointing out the ugliness and stupidity of the NDP. Not very long, I would assume.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29016
Likes: 12597 posts
Liked in: 16996 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:15 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:I think this bears repeating:
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... how-change
As usual, Vaughn Palmer nails it.


LOL - "as usual Vaughn Palmer nails it" - hilarious. I was told over and over again by brainwashed NDP zombies that he was a BC Liberal shill for his poignant comments about the disgusting NDP, and now he is "nailing it". I wonder how long he will continue to "nail it" when he once again starts pointing out the ugliness and stupidity of the NDP. Not very long, I would assume.


Don't hold your breath. Vaughn has finally seen the BCLP for what they are. It's obviously going to take you much longer.

flamingfingers likes this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3852
Likes: 1856 posts
Liked in: 797 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Urbane » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:16 am

Here's a thought. Some of us think that Wilkinson was an excellent choice and others not so much. But I remember Gordon Campbell never really being popular. How many people really liked him? He became premier in 2001 in a landslide even though polls showed that voters actually liked Ujjal Dosanjh more than they liked Campbell. Think about that for a minute. The NDP was almost wiped off the map, losing 77-2, with a leader who was more popular than Gordon Campbell.

So sometimes we perhaps give too much weight to who's leader. If Horgan continues trying to block the KM pipeline expansion there will be serious repercussions for our economy and it wouldn't matter if Wilkinson were leader or Watts, or whomever. Just pointing out that there are many other factors. So I can say that Wilkinson is a great choice, for all of the reasons I've listed, and others can say he isn't but his leadership skills may not be the determining factor in the next election.
Last edited by Urbane on Feb 5th, 2018, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Spectemur agendo"

5 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21348
Likes: 9311 posts
Liked in: 11553 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:16 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 5th, 2018, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

Urbane likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29016
Likes: 12597 posts
Liked in: 16996 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:18 am

Urbane wrote:

So sometimes we perhaps give too much weight to who's leader. If Horgan continues trying to block the KM pipeline expansion there will be serious repercussions for our economy and it wouldn't matter if Wilkinson were leader or Watts, or whomever. .


Yup. Horgan is slitting his own throat. Which we all knew was inevitable, as the NDP can't help doing incredibly stupid things to cater to their incredibly stupid base.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29016
Likes: 12597 posts
Liked in: 16996 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Cactusflower » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:33 am

Urbane wrote:Here's a thought. Some of us think that Wilkinson was an excellent choice and others not so much. But I remember Gordon Campbell never really being popular. How many people really liked him? He became premier in 2001 in a landslide even though polls showed that voters actually liked Ujjal Dosanjh more than they liked Campbell. Think about that for a minute. The NDP was almost wiped off the mat, losing 77-2, with a leader who was more popular than Gordon Campbell.

So sometimes we perhaps give too much weight to who's leader. If Horgan continues trying to block the KM pipeline expansion there will be serious repercussions for our economy and it wouldn't matter if Wilkinson were leader or Watts, or whomever. Just pointing out that there are many other factors. So I can say that Wilkinson is a great choice, for all of the reasons I've listed, and others can say he isn't but his leadership skills may not be the determining factor in the next election.


First of all, Dosanjh was never more popular than anyone. I was far removed from B.C. at the time but I still tried to keep in touch with what was happening politically. Nobody liked Gordon Campbell because he was a snake, so B.C. voters were between a rock and a hard place. I don't recall the percentage of the electorate that actually voted that year (but I'm sure you'll tell me), but suffice it to say, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision. If I had been there, I probably would have voted for one of the fringe parties.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3852
Likes: 1856 posts
Liked in: 797 posts
Joined: Aug 27th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby The Green Barbarian » Feb 5th, 2018, 11:42 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 5th, 2018, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29016
Likes: 12597 posts
Liked in: 16996 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Urbane » Feb 5th, 2018, 12:32 pm

    Cactusflower wrote:First of all, Dosanjh was never more popular than anyone. I was far removed from B.C. at the time but I still tried to keep in touch with what was happening politically. Nobody liked Gordon Campbell because he was a snake, so B.C. voters were between a rock and a hard place. I don't recall the percentage of the electorate that actually voted that year (but I'm sure you'll tell me), but suffice it to say, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision. If I had been there, I probably would have voted for one of the fringe parties.
I'm talking about popularity and not about competence. Campbell was seen as more competent than Dosanjh but not as likeable. Moving to the present, I rather like Andrew Wilkinson but even those who don't will be looking at competency when deciding how to vote.
"Spectemur agendo"

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21348
Likes: 9311 posts
Liked in: 11553 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby George+ » Feb 5th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Dosangh lost 20% of votes because of...

WASPs. There is still that mentality.
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 9914
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 705 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 11:08 am
Location: West Kelowna

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Glacier » Feb 5th, 2018, 8:01 pm

George+ wrote:Dosangh lost 20% of votes because of...

WASPs. There is still that mentality.

I agree 100%. 1 in 5 NDPers are KKK racists. That's why the federal NDP is going to take huge hit with Singh as leader.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27982
Likes: 3433 posts
Liked in: 10013 posts
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Gone_Fishin » Feb 5th, 2018, 8:02 pm

George+ wrote:Dosangh lost 20% of votes because of...

WASPs. There is still that mentality.


Dosangh lost almost as bad as that local fool who ran for regional district and school board in the same election. And Ujjal got tossed 77-2 because of one thing: the NDP destroyed BC.


Real Per Capita GDP Growth 1992 - 2000

Nfld: 33.6%
SK: 27.3%
AB: 27%
ON: 24.2%
PQ: 22.3%
NB: 21.6%
PEI: 18.6%
MB: 17.5%
NS: 16.2%

BC: 5.3%


Source: Statistics Canada, Provincial Economic Accounts
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4410
Likes: 5228 posts
Liked in: 3584 posts
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 6:43 am

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Postby Urbane » Feb 5th, 2018, 8:03 pm

    Glacier wrote:I agree 100%. 1 in 5 NDPers are KKK racists. That's why the federal NDP is going to take huge hit with Singh as leader.
You might be on to something there because 2001 was the one election where much of the NDP core vote went elsewhere.
"Spectemur agendo"

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21348
Likes: 9311 posts
Liked in: 11553 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest