First nation proves they not extinct

Re: First nation proves they not extinct

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 30th, 2017, 9:09 pm

alanjh595 wrote:then be subject to the original methods of hunting when they were granted? For example, bows and arrows, and without modern means of use of snowmobiles, automobiles, GPS, compasses, down filled jackets and fleece under garments?
If they want to hunt and be treated as their ancestors had signed the agreements, then they should have to abide by the conditions that were there when that agreement was signed.

Well done. Perfect.
Bet that would thin the herd !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 2151 posts

Postby Tony » Dec 31st, 2017, 7:02 am

Can anyone define a "ceremonial hunt"? Isn't a ceremony something sacred? If it's going to be ceremonial, then let's go all the way... wear the buckskins, hunt with your traditional ceremonial weapons, and use the animal for your ceremonial purposes, but, please, DON'T use "ceremonial hunt" just to come and hunt in BC to fill your freezer. Come across as any other resident in this great land, claim your legal hunting weapons, buy your license and proceed.

2 people like this post.
Tony
Übergod

Liked in: 231 posts

Postby Jlabute » Dec 31st, 2017, 7:33 am

alanjh595 wrote:Isn't bringing firearms into Canada illegal? If they want to claim their hunting rights regardless of international boundaries, then be subject to the original methods of hunting when they were granted? For example, bows and arrows, and without modern means of use of snowmobiles, automobiles, GPS, compasses, down filled jackets and fleece under garments?
If they want to hunt and be treated as their ancestors had signed the agreements, then they should have to abide by the conditions that were there when that agreement was signed.
Bringing a firearm into Canada is illegal for everyone.
What if that person brought that firearm into Canada and "lost" it or traded it to a person that has been deemed by the Canadian court system as being banned from possessing firearms?
I wonder how many illegal firearms are brought into the country this way?

and... can aboriginal now be used as drug mules in to Canada? Ceremonial drugs I mean.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.

the truth likes this post.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 735 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 31st, 2017, 8:53 am

dirtybiker wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:then be subject to the original methods of hunting when they were granted? For example, bows and arrows, and without modern means of use of snowmobiles, automobiles, GPS, compasses, down filled jackets and fleece under garments?

Well done. Perfect.
Bet that would thin the herd !

ya by 100%, interesting how they want to hunt the old ways, but want to use the white mans guns, :135: :135:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4681 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 31st, 2017, 8:55 am

Tony wrote:Can anyone define a "ceremonial hunt"? Isn't a ceremony something sacred? If it's going to be ceremonial, then let's go all the way... wear the buckskins, hunt with your traditional ceremonial weapons, and use the animal for your ceremonial purposes, but, please, DON'T use "ceremonial hunt" just to come and hunt in BC to fill your freezer. Come across as any other resident in this great land, claim your legal hunting weapons, buy your license and proceed.

that would be doing it the correct way
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4681 posts

Previous

Return to B.C.