Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal hearing

Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal hearing

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 21st, 2018, 10:32 am

Lie or misrepresent yourself on your resume and when the offer is rescinded file a human rights complaint - smh.

* * * * *

A B.C. logger who claims the provincial government contravened the Human Rights Code after revoking a job offer will have his case heard at the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal.

Bryan Fraser was offered a senior policy officer job at the Ministry of Forests in February 2015, only to have the offer pulled a month later.

He claims, in information provided to the tribunal, that the decision was based on his political beliefs about logging on Haida Gwaii.

Section 13 of the code says a person's political beliefs cannot be held against them when seeking employment.

However, the province said it rescinded the job offer to Fraser because he did not disclose that he was the subject of a 2014 investigation by the Forest Practices Board.

That probe found that a company where Fraser was a forester logged trees on Haida Gwaii that had cultural significance for the Haida Nation. The logging also had a negative impact on scenic views on the West Coast archipelago.

Complete article
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4496393
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 53113
Likes: 555 posts
Liked in: 5500 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 21st, 2018, 1:27 pm

I hope you aren't suggesting, that when people write resumes, they tell the full on truth. :laugh:
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3753
Likes: 3588 posts
Liked in: 5468 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby Jhunter199 » Jan 22nd, 2018, 1:44 pm

Just another example of entitlement at its finest :smt045
Jhunter199
Fledgling
 
Posts: 289
Likes: 257 posts
Liked in: 341 posts
Joined: Apr 18th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby JagXKR » Jan 22nd, 2018, 4:47 pm

If he does not win then the entire cost of the tribunal should be charged to the logger. Make people pay for wasting the courts time.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

5 people like this post.
User avatar
JagXKR
√úbergod
 
Posts: 1025
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 821 posts
Joined: Jun 19th, 2011, 6:25 am
Location: Penticton

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 23rd, 2018, 12:23 am

JagXKR wrote:If he does not win then the entire cost of the tribunal should be charged to the logger. Make people pay for wasting the courts time.


or better yet, just disband this kangaroo court tribunal all together.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 27327
Likes: 11605 posts
Liked in: 15201 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby Queen K » Jan 23rd, 2018, 11:40 am

Sounds like his political beliefs are just a form or passive aggressive racism.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 52108
Likes: 11661 posts
Liked in: 12108 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby Veovis » Jan 23rd, 2018, 8:11 pm

Queen K wrote:Sounds like his political beliefs are just a form or passive aggressive racism.


What do his beliefs matter? What about his gender identity? Gender attraction? Or whatever reason he wants to state that sounds popular?

If he hid the fact he was investigated for some reason that made him no longer the candidate they offered to job to, the job gets yanked. IF he had valid claims he would use REAL court, since it is filed with "feelings court" I doubt his claims already?

The fact these courts are often one sided means this ends up in real court someday anyways why no just start there?
Veovis
Guru
 
Posts: 5687
Likes: 839 posts
Liked in: 3846 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby Queen K » Jan 23rd, 2018, 8:18 pm

oneh2obabe wrote:Lie or misrepresent yourself on your resume and when the offer is rescinded file a human rights complaint - smh.

* * * * *

A B.C. logger who claims the provincial government contravened the Human Rights Code after revoking a job offer will have his case heard at the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal.

Bryan Fraser was offered a senior policy officer job at the Ministry of Forests in February 2015, only to have the offer pulled a month later.

He claims, in information provided to the tribunal, that the decision was based on his political beliefs about logging on Haida Gwaii.

Section 13 of the code says a person's political beliefs cannot be held against them when seeking employment.

However, the province said it rescinded the job offer to Fraser because he did not disclose that he was the subject of a 2014 investigation by the Forest Practices Board.

That probe found that a company where Fraser was a forester logged trees on Haida Gwaii that had cultural significance for the Haida Nation. The logging also had a negative impact on scenic views on the West Coast archipelago.

Complete article
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4496393


He was part of a company where trees of a cultural significance for Haida were cut down. How is that not passive aggressive racism? Now, is it grounds upon which not to be hired for a job? Or fired for not revealing this fact? Or is there something else going on?
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 52108
Likes: 11661 posts
Liked in: 12108 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 23rd, 2018, 8:38 pm

Queen K wrote:He was part of a company where trees of a cultural significance for Haida were cut down. How is that not passive aggressive racism? Now, is it grounds upon which not to be hired for a job? Or fired for not revealing this fact? Or is there something else going on?

Being part of a company wasn't the reason the job offer was rescinded. From the article ... However, the province said it rescinded the job offer to Fraser because he did not disclose that he was the subject of a 2014 investigation by the Forest Practices Board.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 53113
Likes: 555 posts
Liked in: 5500 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Job rescinded BC logger gets human rights tribunal heari

Postby seewood » Jan 23rd, 2018, 8:48 pm

Lost count of the culturally modified trees cut down in the Ocean Falls to Bella Bella power line right of way. Interesting way of making ocean canoes. Start a fire in a cedar tree 5 feet off the ground and burn the middle out then cut close to the ground.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 777
Likes: 1265 posts
Liked in: 787 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 2:08 pm


Return to B.C.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests