[attachment=0]grandpa.jpg[/attachment]

Looks crazy to me.
Attachments
grandpa.jpg
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Andrew Weaver is going crazy on Twitter

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:^^I can't believe you wrote this after reading everything on the ICBC thread today. Well, on second thought, yes, I can believe it. The BC Liberals have proven to be the most incompetent government B.C. has ever had to endure, and their followers still jump to their defense. Sorry, OT, but Andrew Weaver is not the one who's 'going crazy' on social media.

No need to apologize, it's good that you finally admit your shortcomings, and just how bat crap nuts one has to be, to blindly follow the NDP.

Perhaps one day you'll even come to realize Site C is a better idea than solar/wind power. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 30th, 2018, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:^ The BC Liberals have proven to be the most incompetent government B.C. has ever had to endure, and their followers still jump to their defense.

Until the BC Liberals hire Kim Jong Un as leader and Robert Mugabe as finance minister, they are never going to eclipse the incompetence of the BC NDP of the 1990's. That was one government for the ages, in terms of corruption, stupidity and just plain a total disaster.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Until the BC Liberals hire Kim Jong Un as leader and Robert Mugabe as finance minister, they are never going to eclipse the incompetence of the BC NDP of the 1990's. That was one government for the ages, in terms of corruption, stupidity and just plain a total disaster.

The NDP did a fantastic job in the 90s just as they're doing a fantastic job now. I'd marry Horgan if it were possible. Is it possible?
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Until the BC Liberals hire Kim Jong Un as leader and Robert Mugabe as finance minister, they are never going to eclipse the incompetence of the BC NDP of the 1990's. That was one government for the ages, in terms of corruption, stupidity and just plain a total disaster.

There simply was no worse government in the history of Canada.

Real Per Capita GDP Growth 1992 - 2000

Nfld: 33.6%
SK: 27.3%
AB: 27%
ON: 24.2%
PQ: 22.3%
NB: 21.6%
PEI: 18.6%
MB: 17.5%
NS: 16.2%
BC: 5.3%

[Source: Statistics Canada, Provincial Economic Accounts, February, 2000.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Gone_Fishin wrote:There simply was no worse government in the history of Canada.

Real Per Capita GDP Growth 1992 - 2000

Nfld: 33.6%
SK: 27.3%
AB: 27%
ON: 24.2%
PQ: 22.3%
NB: 21.6%
PEI: 18.6%
MB: 17.5%
NS: 16.2%
BC: 5.3%

[Source: Statistics Canada, Provincial Economic Accounts, February, 2000.)

This is where the NDP stalwarts will pretend they are the 3 monkeys..... hands over mouth, ears and eyes
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:The NDP did a fantastic job in the 90s just as they're doing a fantastic job now. I'd marry Horgan if it were possible. Is it possible?

So fantastic in fact that the electorate gave them a resounding 77-2 thrashing at the polls. A rather unexplainable outcome, for a party that according to you did a "fantastic" job.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:The NDP did a fantastic job in the 90s just as they're doing a fantastic job now. I'd marry Horgan if it were possible. Is it possible?

Were you not like 10 years old in the 90s?

I don't believe you have a clue.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Gone_Fishin wrote:

You want to read about government incompetence (and corruption)?
http://www.usw9346.ca/2016/05/19/100-re ... s-must-go/
And this isn't even the updated version.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Just more Liberal bashing by NDP supporters. Not worth 2 minutes of my time to read past the title. Especially when the 1st highlighted text speaks of Gordon Campbell.

Get over it already, the NDP have not had a popular vote since the ......what? The 1900s? They won't be back again after this next election, hopefully forever.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Whatever we may think of the current NDP Government, continually bringing up stuff from the 90's to either support or denigrate them is just plain daft. The past is past; dead and gone. Time to move on and judge the Government for what they're doing in the here and now.

For my part, there are some things I don't like that the current Government is doing (like hurting the Canadian economy with their constant delay tactics re Kinder Morgan), and there are some things they've done that I approve of (removing the bridge tolls for example). But, so far, my overall impression is that they're taking things "slow and steady" in an attempt to ensure they make the "right" decisions. And I applaud them for that.

Andrew Weaver is the "wild card", because he could make unreasonable demands in return for not defeating the Government. But that would have applied even if he'd supported the Libs. It'll be interesting to see how the NDP deal with any such demands.

It's early days yet, and my initial favourable impression could easily change depending on the decisions they make going forward. But so far, so good.
Last edited by Merry on Jan 30th, 2018, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Welp....I think it is now clear that Weaver will not be pulling the plug on this coalition anytime soon.
If NDP support of site C and continued expansion of the LNG industry didn't cause him to withdraw Green support...nothing will.

I get it.
Both the NDP and Greens crave the taxpayer funded gravy train they have set up for themselves. And Weaver needs PR to become a reality in order to not be shunted into a corner next election. :smt045
Personal beliefs, party ideology, and voter expectations be damned. :up:

I suspect we are going to be NDP/Green until 2021.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Leifer wrote:Welp....I think it is now clear that Weaver will not be pulling the plug on this coalition anytime soon.
If NDP support of site C and continued expansion of the LNG industry didn't cause him to withdraw Green support...nothing will.

I get it.
Both the NDP and Greens crave the taxpayer funded gravy train they have set up for themselves. And Weaver needs PR to become a reality in order to not be shunted into a corner next election. :smt045
Personal beliefs, party ideology, and voter expectations be damned. :up:

I suspect we are going to be NDP/Green until 2021.

And that's a good thing. And it's not a 'coalition'.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Therefore; the NDP and the Greens get to suckle off the the taxpayer's teat until they get voted out again in 2021.

Yeah, that's a great plan! says, Horkan.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “B.C.”