Andrew Weaver is going crazy on Twitter

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Andrew Weaver is going crazy on Twitter

Post by flamingfingers »

Say what you will about Christy Clark but she absolutely knew how to play the game and put the province first. I mean I found her tactics a bit cold, and I didn't always like the path she chose but she was efficient and seemed to stick to her own principles.

Christy Clark + her principles = MAINTAIN POWER AT ALL AND EVERY COST!!

When she lost power, she deeked out and left her West Kelowna constituents in the lurch. She also reneged on her promise that she would stay as Opposition and robbed the BC Liberals of a vote in the House.

Some 'prinicples', eh?
Chill
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

flamingfingers wrote:Christy Clark + her principles = MAINTAIN POWER AT ALL AND EVERY COST!!When she lost power, she deeked out and left her West Kelowna constituents in the lurch. She also reneged on her promise that she would stay as Opposition and robbed the BC Liberals of a vote in the House. Some 'prinicples', eh?

And just what do you think Weaver is up to.....no principals, I believe most can see through the cellophane and realize all he wants is PR......
I am not wealthy but I am rich
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

And what specific proof do you have that PR will be a bad road for BC to follow? Besides hysterical speculation and unfounded claims?
Chill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

So there's a Twit on Twitter...seems like a good fit to me.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

flamingfingers wrote:And what specific proof do you have that PR will be a bad road for BC to follow? Besides hysterical speculation and unfounded claims?

Turn it around... Will PR with a potential number of half wits collecting a MLA's salary that have nothing of substance to contribute to the governing of BC, be better than what we have. If the NDP had a track record of good governance and good ideas (77-2 drubbing and 4 premiers in 9? years) there would not be a discussion on PR vs first past the post.. I don't want to take that chance thank you.
We already have a number of half wits in government, don't need more.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Old Techie wrote:
Leifer wrote:Weaver (from his vacation condo in California) is slinging arrows at the B.C NDP while Horgan is in China this week to talk to potential LNG investors (you know...doing Premier stuff).

Hey hold the bus there for a moment, isn't that what the NDP faithful have been criticizing, and laughing at for eons, when it was Clark doing just that? :200:

I distinctly recollect terms like "pipe dream" in regards to LNG, and something about staying in BC to govern, rather than traipsing around the globe, in reference to Clark.

Will the hypocrisy ever end?

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/217077 ... oing-China

So it's true. You don't read past the headlines. Nowhere in this news item does it even mention LNG. Horgan, unlike Clark, puts B.C.'s priorities first, forestry being number one. Read the link.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

do not alter quotes.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:So it's true. You don't read past the headlines. Nowhere in this news item does it even mention LNG. Horgan, unlike Clark, puts B.C.'s priorities first, forestry being number one. Read the link.

What's true is that you apparently have a short and selective memory where certain issues are involved.

What I read is really irrelevant given that first of all I was responding to Leifer's post, and secondly even if LNG isn't mentioned specifically, since it's a trade mission to Asia, certainly that would be part of the conversation.

Even if it's not, (highly unlikely) the real point is that Horgan is now on a trade mission in Asia, and it's that topic that got endless criticism when Christy Clark did it, but now that it's Horgan, all is well and good, just as every other thing the NDP do, that the Liberals were raked over the coals for, is now just peachy.

Simply more blatant hypocrisy on the part of the NDP zealots, and that Cactusflower is the point of the story, or are you suggesting your group didn't incessantly whine about Clark's trade missions? Remember past threads can be searched!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 25th, 2018, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 25th, 2018, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

flamingfingers wrote:
Say what you will about Christy Clark but she absolutely knew how to play the game and put the province first. I mean I found her tactics a bit cold, and I didn't always like the path she chose but she was efficient and seemed to stick to her own principles.

Christy Clark + her principles = MAINTAIN POWER AT ALL AND EVERY COST!!

When she lost power, she deeked out and left her West Kelowna constituents in the lurch. She also reneged on her promise that she would stay as Opposition and robbed the BC Liberals of a vote in the House.

Some 'prinicples', eh?

You could just as easily have written:

John Horgan + his principles = GET POWER AT ALL AND EVERY COST + steal taxpayer money to pay for his broke butt party.

Andrew Weaver + principles = GET PR AND STEAL TAXPAYER $$ so his tiny fringe can be permanent wagging tails.

Face it, politics has become a business and permanent career for far too many. The "political class" that has developed are primarily snollygosters whose priorities are flugies and the rest is all bloviation, bafflegab, roorback and speechification with bafflegab.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I support LNG, but I totally understand why Andrew Weaver is going crazy. Unlike Horgan (and most other politicians), Weaver was actually being truthful when he promised to cut GHG emissions by 40%. The thing is, 99% of politicians who sign on to cutting emissions are doing more harm than refusing to sign on because they are lying, and they have no plan to actually follow through.

Weaver knows that if a single LNG facility is built in BC, we will have to removed almost 100% of cars off the roads plus shut down almost every other industry in BC to meet the GHG targets the Greens and NDP both agreed to. In other words, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't fulfill your GHG targets and support LNG.

Politicians of all stripes think that they can just make ambitious promises, and the GHG emissions will just balance themselves. I give Weaver full marks for being willing to bite the bullet required to meet the targets.

Of course, the more important question should be, is it really a good idea to cut emissions by 40% by 2030?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

hobbyguy wrote:You could just as easily have written:

John Horgan + his principles = GET POWER AT ALL AND EVERY COST + steal taxpayer money to pay for his broke butt party.

Andrew Weaver + principles = GET PR AND STEAL TAXPAYER $$ so his tiny fringe can be permanent wagging tails.

Face it, politics has become a business and permanent career for far too many. The "political class" that has developed are primarily snollygosters whose priorities are flugies and the rest is all bloviation, bafflegab, roorback and speechification with bafflegab.

My new word for the day:
snollygoster

snol·ly·gos·ter
noun

Slang
One, especially a politician, who is guided by personal advantage rather than by consistent, respectable principles.[ * ]

Origin of snollygoster

Perhaps alteration of snallygaster a mythical beast said to prey on poultry and children perhaps from Pennsylvania Dutch schnelle geeschter Middle High German snēl quick ( from Old High German)Middle High German geist spirit ( from Old High German)

http://www.yourdictionary.com/snollygos ... kzp22Ki.99

[ * Or, for the purposes of illustration: Andrew Weaver.]
Thanks, hobbyguy! :biggrin:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Glacier wrote:Of course, the more important question should be, is it really a good idea to cut emissions by 40% by 2030?

We could probably reach most of that target by making politicians keep their yaps shut. :biggrin:
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Return to “B.C.”